Close Call

Cold Couples
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L POV

As soon as Kai leaves, I steal a glance at Krystal.

Despite my relief at her choice to stay with me, she appears dazed. Her skin has become a sickly-pale color and eyes are zoned out. I purse my lips.

"How are you feeling?" I ask. Krystal doesn't respond, heading towards the staircase instead. "Yah, answer me." I reach out to pull her back, but she flinches.

"I'm sorry, but I want to be alone now, L," she whispers, staring at me with a pained expression. I open my mouth to comment that she doesn't look well, but nothing comes out for Krystal's already down the first flight of stairs. I follow in suit quietly. When I catch up to her on the platform, I can hear her breathing raggedly. I notice the sweat dripping down her temples and the rapid blinking of her eyes. Alarms go off in my head upon seeing Krystal in this state.

"Krystal?" I call to her nervously. Once again, there's no response. However, before I can suggest finding a place for her to relax, she collapses at my feet.

*********************

"No, you are not going. That is final, Myungsoo-ah," Manager Hyung concludes as I ask to visit Krystal at the hospital for the nth time.

I had carried Krystal back to room 1105 where I was greeted by the sight of shocked managers and members alike. We had called for medics who, in turn, came faster than I could change my clothes. They rushed off with her on a breathing machine and I haven't been able to see her since.

"Just once, please," I beg. "I'll be in disguise. People won't notice me. I can blend in with the crowd." I can't seem to figure out why I'm being so insistent on visiting a girl I met almost a week ago. Perhaps because her condition is poor right now and I want to check on her health? Or perhaps it's because we've just became friends? Either or, I want to see her.

"Aish, goddammit, Kim Myungsoo! No! You are an idol. You are constantly watched by many fans. There will be scrutiny and criticism if you are caught visiting some maid at a hospital. We still have Weekly Idol, press conferences, and our world tour to prepare for as well. Not to mention your new dating scandal," Manager Hyung snaps, glaring at me. I decide not to challenge him any further, but my hands have clenched into fists when he referred to Krystal as 'some maid.'

"So you're saying I should just abandon someone I feel responsible for?" And I do feel responsible for Krystal's fainting. All that making her run around and get stuff was supposed to be good fun. I didn't realize it's been taking a toll on her in addition to the drama going on lately. Maybe I am a cold, glazed over person as Hoya says.

"I'm saying you should focus on INFINITE's priorities. We're a team, remember?" My manager forces a smile and claps me on the shoulder before leaving me alone. I scoff at the word 'team.'

*********************

Krystal POV

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter