Working Parties

Cold Couples
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

"Make room! Move! Clear a path!" The security guards push the screaming fans aside as INFINITE steps out of the van. All the while, females are shoving over one another to get either a picture or autograph from the members, shouting to get their attention.

"Hoya, Dongwoo! Over here!"

"Look this way, my Sungjongie~! I have lemon candy!"

"Omo, Sungyeol oppa! Why are you so handsome?"

"Aigoo, cheesy Nammie! You sing better than Grandpa Gyu!" This earns a glare from Sunggyu to Woohyun.

"L-goon! Look this way!"

The boys only smile and wave, causing some to faint or scream even louder. Finally entering the hotel lobby and leaving the guards to fend for themselves against the hormone-crazed girls, the boys immediately scramble towards the empty couches and chairs, sitting and waiting for their managers to finish checking in.

"I love our fans, but they can be too much sometimes," Hoya points out, leaning his head back.

"You're telling me. One of them scratched me while trying to grab my hand," Woohyun retorts, lifting his arm to reveal a long red line running from his elbow down to his wrist.

"Serves you right. I'm a much better singer, by the way," Sunggyu states. Woohyun smirks.

"No, you're not. I can hit higher octaves than you," he challenges. And thus begins their argument about vocal ranges and high notes, causing L to eventually tune them out. He scans the lobby area for any signs of interest, his gaze suddenly landing on a particular boy and girl who've just escaped the crowd outside and stepped through the entrance doors. L's eyes continue to follow them as they walk up to the front desk.

********************* 

Krystal POV

"Ugh, what's with all those people outside?" I ask Kai as we walk up to the front desk. We had barely managed to make our way in here, what with having to convince the security guards to let us through. Kai had told them I was late to my shift and needed to get in as soon as possible. Somehow, the men believed us and stepped aside and now, here we are.

"INFINITE must be in here," Kai replies nonchalantly. We finally reach the front desk. 

"Hello! Welcome to the Grand Hyatt Hotel. My name is Tiffany. How may I help you?" The receptionist greets us with a bright expression. Kai smiles at her and, as if on cue, the woman's cheeks redden and she shies away from his stare.

"Hi, I was just wondering if that maid job here is still available," Kai explains. Tiffany nods slowly, a frown now forming on her face.

"Yes, it is. But you don't seem like the housecleaning type," she comments, looking him up and down and her lips. An uneasy feeling grows in the pit of my stomach upon watching her stare at my friend like that.

"Oh, I'm not," Kai quickly corrects. "It's for my friend here." Tiffany glances at me as if she's noticed my presence for the first time, even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter