Pushed Away

Cold Couples
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV

My chest hurts.

And I know it's not the running from my dance studio all the way to the Grand Hyatt Hotel causing the pain.

No, it's the sight of the girl I've harbored feelings for since high school in the arms of a boy who's not me. If it was Sehun, I would've been fine with it. Though in this case, it's a total stranger.

Earlier, as soon as I had finished reading that news article, I had dashed out of the studio, disregarding my unfinished routines, and made my way to find Krystal. I pushed past the paparazzi at the door and asked Tiffany about my friend's whereabouts. She shrugged and waved me away, because my 'boohoo face is not good for business.' As a result, I ended up scouring every floor of this big hotel until my last resort was the roof.

Lo and behold, here's Krystal, hugging and comforting a boy who appears all too satisfied with himself as his arms tighten around her.

It takes a while to find my voice. They haven't noticed me come up nor have they seemed to realize a third presence at all. My hands clench into fists and I decide to finally break up their moment.

"Yah, Jung Soojung." I don't usually call Krystal by her real name, but when I do, it's during arguments and scoldings. This is one of those situations.

The two immediately let go of one another and turn towards me with shocked expressions. Upon realizing it's just me, Krystal sighs in relief, relaxing completely. Am I that trivial to her? Another pang in my chest. 

"Hey, Kai," she greets with a small smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter