Sleep

Can You See The Dark?

Taehyung stared at me, and I just laughed nervously.

 

"Ah, what am I saying? You don't even know me. I don't know you. It was a stupid thing to..."

 

I was cut off by his fully clasping my hand and saying, "Really, are you fully serious Yoongi?"

 

That surprised me, and his cute puppy dog grin reeled me in. I grinned back, my turn to lean forward.

 

"Yeah, I mean it." There was no hesitation in my words and I could not blame this absurd behaviour on the alcohol. 

 

Taehyung gave me the oddest grin and my heart fluttered. His box-like smile made my heart dance. The heart that should have been reserved for Hoseok. 

 

"You have to stay until my shift ends. I am sorry, but thank you so much." He began to cheer and I just chuckled before a pang hit me.

 

As he cheered about the threat of being homeless had vanished, it occured to me what this meant. What my fluttering heart meant. Another one-sided love. Taehyung must trust me to start living with me. I cannot betray such trust by making advances on him. Sighing heavily, I downed my drink. I sure was going to be an alcoholic soon. 

 

---------

 

Walking Taehyung to my house, I noticed he only had a small backpack. Apparently he took all he owned to his work and this was all he had to his name. He was racing up the pathway, dancing around the signs and lamp posts. His arms waved around him, and he just looked happy. Someone with so little could laugh so loud. Gripping my sides, I tried not to join in. Niot in public at least. Watching him tumble his own feet, I burst into laughter. He hit the pavement, and sat up pouting. Watching his act out anger was entertaining, but we had to get to my house. The night was leaving us quickly. He stuck out his hands towards me, a child-like demand dancing across his face and I got the message. He wanted me to help him up. But I was hit by another impulse.

 

Lifting him to his feet, he went to run ahead but I swept him off his feet. Carrying him in my arms, he stared up at me. His features were unreadable but undeniably handsome. He tangled his hands in my shirt, holding tightly. All laughter was gone, replaced by something else entirely. For me, it was the silent killer called lust. With Taehyung, I could not get a read. But something whispered quietly in the back of my mind he was showing fear. Ignoring that voice, I smiled to break this tension.

 

"See, you are the damsel in distress. I believe you are the princess in this situation." I joked, remembering that he called me a princess earlier.

 

He chuckled yet he didn't remove his hands. I watched as he crinkled his noise in denial before resting his head against my chest. Each step I took jolted him against me and I found myself liking this proximity. We have only known each other a day, so this cannot possibly be love. So what else could it be?

 

"Sleepy." Taehyung yawned, breaking me from thoughts of us.

 

"Go to sleep." I told him softly and he let his eyes flutter shut.

 

"Such a pretty heartbeat." He murmured before his breathing grew heavy.

 

Now that was too confusing. I do not understand why or even how a heartbeat could be pretty. Looking away from him, my apartment came into view and I felt kind of dissapointed. This meant I had to remove the proximity soon. Trying my hardest not to sigh, I entered the building. The elevator trip was quicker than usual and soon I was back inside my apartment. Just for tonight Taehyung could sleep on my bed, I will sleep on the fold out couch. That was the plan.

 

Walking to my room, I looked around my very plain apartment and knew Taehyung would brighten this place up. Placing him gently on my bed, his shirt had crept up teasingly so. My impulses attacked again, but I squashed them all. Well, most of them.

 

I moved in closely, running my fingers through his hair softly, watching his face carefully. His full lips seemed so close, so unguarded. My body kept moving forward until there was almsot not distancee. A bit further, and our lips would be touching. A bit further and I could be kissing this beautiful creature. But I had already sworn mentally not to take advantage of this poor boy. The rational side of my brain finally kicked in. Pullimg back, I pulled a blanket over him and went to leave. A hand shot out and grabbed the back of my shirt. Was he awake? Looking at him, I saw his face slightly contorted in his sleep.

 

"Please...don't...leave me...." He mumbled in his sleep, yet I still complied.

 

Crawling in next to him, I took his sleep talking as some kind of invitation. His warmth completed my empty bed, creeping into me. I knew my dreams would be pleasant with him beside me. Drifting off, my dreams were empty. But at least I didn't dream of Hoseok.