Something Has Changed

Can You See The Dark?

I woke with Taehyung cuddling in close to me, and my arms were wrapped around him. A normal reaction would be to recoil, leap away and pretend it never happened yet I just laid there watching him. The way the shadows played on his features, almost making him look scared, was entrancing. This strange boy clouded my mind with thoughts of maybe finding happiness. And those kinds of thoughts scared me. I still like Hoseok. A five year long love cannot die in under a day. So what exactly did I think of Taehyung?

 

Taehying began to stir and I heard a slight whimper escape from his throat. His eyes slowly fluttered open and I withdrew my arms from around his slim body. In this groggy state he shouldn't be able to tell that I was even holding him earlier. He blinked in rapid succession as he realised that he was cuddling me.

 

Suddenly he moved. He was quicker than I thought, rolling from the bed, hitting the ground and launching out of the door. He peered around the doorway curiously and I just burst into laughter. That whole ordeal sounded painful and was over in an instant. His reaction was hilarious. My laughter died as my phone rang. Hoseok.

 

I had set him an individual ring tone, one that filled me with an unmatched joy. Gesturing for Taehyung to be quiet, I answered.

 

"Hey." I said cooly, trying my hardest not to seem excited.

 

"Hey Yoongi!" Hoseok cheered through the phone.

 

"So what's up?" I asked, chewing on my lip nervously.

 

Right now in this world, it was only me and Hoseok. No one else existed. There was only one limitation and it was my own cowardice. The rest of the world melted away every time I heard his voice or saw his face light up with that beautiful smile.

 

"I bought two tickets for this movie, and I was wondering if you wanted to see it." Hoseok explained shyly and blush flooded my face.

 

Hoseok was asking me? Over his new boyfriend?

 

"Of course I would like to go." I gushed, then realised I sounded a bit too excited. "I mean, ah yeah, I want to go."

 

Hoseok just giggled through the phone. "The movie is after lunch. I will stop by your apartment."

 

He hung up and I did a little victory dance. A slight chuckle reminded me that I was not alone.

 

"You really like him." Taehyung snickered and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

 

"I guess I do." I admitted with confidence.

 

"Tell me about him. Tell me about you." He stated, leaving my room.

 

Feeling compelled to just talk to him, I followed. We stopped at thr lounge room and I still felt at ease around him. I felt comfortable enough to confide in him for reasons unknown.This strange boy was really doing something to me.

 

"I met Hoseok shortly after my parents divorced. It was really messy. And I swore that love was doomed to fail, hell, I even thought friendships were doomed to fail. Hoseok though...he came in and showed me that thinking was wrong. He showed me good things really do happen in life." I grinned stupidly. "And you have to preserve the memories."

 

Looking at Taehyung, he sat there, absorbed in my every word and something strange swept over me. No one ever looks at me like that. No one ever hangs onto my every word like they mean life itself. And I found myself grabbing my phone and bring Taehyung in close.

 

"A photo to preserve this memory, the memory of our friendship." I announced, snapping a photo.

 

He blinked ridiculously, murmuring something under his breath. Laughing at his obvious surprise, I kept talking. I liked the attention he gave me.

 

 

---------------------

 

 

By the time twelve came around, I had told Taehyung my life story and more. He knew of my plans, what I was studying and how I wished to be a rapper.Taehyung listened to my every word and gave his own of encouragemenr where they were needed. Relishing this kind of attention, I didn't realise the time until Taehyung forced me to start getting ready.

 

"You want to look hot for your date." He cheered, winking at me.

 

My face went red. Punching his arm in a joking manner, I did get dressed. Brushing my hair, someone knocked on the front door. Freezing up, I looked around for Taehyung. He appeared to be putting on shoes and I had no idea as to why. Finally I gained the nerve to open the door. Hoseok stood there in all his glory. Inviting him in, his eyes went straight to Taehyung.

 

"That is the guy from the store." Hoseok announced loudly, causing Taehyung to flinch and I nodded.

 

"Hoseok, this is Taehyung. Taehyung, this is Hoseok." I introduced the two, and Taehyung stood up, offering his head.

 

Hoseok took it wearily, glancing between Taehyung and me. "What is your relationship?"

 

Before I could come up with an excuse Taehyung spoke bluntly. "I was evicted by my landlord. Yoongi is helping me out. But don't worry, I will be out soon."

 

Taehyung gave Hoseok his famous box-like grin and Hoseok laughed.

 

"Oh, I thought maybe..." And Hoseok began to laugh harder.

 

Taehyung grinned before walking past us. He gave me a wider berth than necessary. Or was it just my imagination?

 

"Well I am going to work." He grinned and I frowned ever so slightly yet he still caught it. 

 

"But..." I began, and stopped. If I said the bar is closed during the day, Hoseok would know I frequent bars.

 

"I have more than one job silly." Taehyung giggled, opening the door. He flashed both Hoseok and I a normal smile before leaving.

 

"He is a cutie." Hoseok stated, staring at the closed door.

 

"Really?" I asked, nudging him slightly. 

 

Walking towards the bench, Hoseok cleared his throat. Picking up my wallet, he finally spoke.

 

"I lied about the movies." He admitted and I openly stared. "I also lied about the boyfriend."

 

I couldn't help myself, I had to ask the simple question of "Why?"

 

"I like you Yoongi." He admitted and my heart did a weird flip. I was happy...but something did not feel right. Hoseok stared at me, waiting for a reply. Wanting to end this five year long unrequited love, I had to say it.

 

"I have liked you for a long time Hoseok." I admitted, shyly kicking my feet against the ground. 

 

Hoseok walked forward, a shy look playing on his face. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around his waist. Bringing him in close, Taehyung flashed in my mind. But before I could react to that thought, Hoseok kissed me.

 

His lips weren't as smooth as I had imagined, and he was more forceful. This all felt wrong. It all felt completely different from what I wanted. But, just yesterday I liked Hoseok, didn't I? Kissing him back slowly, he broke it off, staring at me with such adoration. My gut twisted like I had just kicked a puppy and I didn't fully understand why. Why did he have to confess today? Why not two days ago? Hoseok held my hand softly, entangling his fingers with mine.

 

"Let's go out. We can get lunch, we can just walk through the parks." Hoseok offered and I nodded, still in a daze.

 

 

-------------------

 

 

We walked to a local fish and chips store. Hoseok and I had agreed on hot chips in the park, a quick make-shift picnic. Stepping inside the fish and chips store, I saw that guy from the bar, Jungkook, at the counter, talking animatedly to someone in the kitchens. There were multiple large gaps between machines so prying into the kitchen was easy. I heard a third voice shout they were turning up the music. Our presence was ignored as 'Touch My Body' by 'SISTAR' began to blare through the small stores speakers. Jungkook ran around the kitchen divider yet remained still in full view when I finally noticed who was in the kitchen. Another cliche moment in the makings. It was Taehyung. The third mysterious voice joined them in the body of a short guy, and they began doing the dance a little too over the top. Hoseok laughed, catching their attention. No one stopped, and Hoseok even joined in.

 

Taehyung's deep laughter sent those strange chills up my spine. Watching as he shook his in a very unattractive manner way to over-the-top for the dance, the four all started laughing when the main part was over. Taehyung ran off, and I felt a stab of dissapointment until I realised he was just turning the music down. Hoseok approached the counter, a huge grin on his face. Taehyung re-emerged.

 

"Wow, we are definately going to get along." Hoseok confessed, crossing his arms as Taehyung froze up. The mysterious third person stepped up.

 

"I get the feeling you know one of us." He grinned.

 

"Yes. I met Taehyung this very afternoon." Hoseok said.

 

"Taehyung, you have friends?" Jungkook joked and I barely stopped a frown from appearing.

 

"Well I am Jimin, Taehyung's y friend." The third guy said, posing in a ridiculous manner.

 

"And I am the youngest, Jungkook." He gave us a cute peace sign, grinning broadly.

 

"I am Hoseok."

 

They all turned to me and my joints grew stiff. Taehyung's laughyrt unthawed me from this trance.

 

"I am Yoongi." I introduced myself, staring at everyone.

 

"Yoongi saved me." Taehyung announced dramatically, swooning backwards onto a counter.

 

"Jeez, I said I was sorry." Jungkook rolled his eyes and Jimin looked confused.

 

"Saved you from what?" Jimin asked.

 

"Yeah, saved you from what?" Hoseok parroted.

 

"I was homeless again, with no Jungkook to swoop in and save me." Taehyung kept being overdramatic and I chuckled.

 

"How many jobs do you work?" I asked.

 

"Well I work full time at the office in the other side of town, I work part time here and during the days on weekends. And I work at the bar every night." Taehyung announced, beaming.

 

"How could you have not paid the landlord?" Hoseok asked, and everyone suddenly stopped laughing. The mood instantly dissolved, and Taehyung crept back into the kitchen. Jimin said he had to keep putting away 'things' and fled.

 

"So what would you like to order?" Jungkook asked, blatantly ignoring Hoseok's question.

 

Jungkook didn't fidget under Hoseok's intense stare, something I found admiral. Hoseok's gaze when he wanted answers was insanely intense. And for the first time, Hoseok broke first.

 

"Just four dollars worth of hot chips." He muttered, looking down.

 

I swear I saw a smirk quickly cross Jungkook's face as he waltzed to the kitchen. After a brief moment, I heard Taehyung.

 

"Aye aye, yes sir! I, the greatesy chef in all the lands, can do this measly task."

 

Good to know he wasn't upset. Looking at Hoseok however, he looked devastated. He turned to me, anger contorting through the sadness and growled, "I will figure this out."

 

I flinched at his unnatural burst of anger, tainted by the three workers new found laughter. The music had been turned up again, not as loud as last time, but it was still loud enough to know what they were doing. Trying to see into the kitchen, I saw the three of them dancing to 'Something'. They seemed so happy, and Taehyung was laughing the hardest. Watching as he flung himself onto Jimin, I clenched my fist ever so slightly.

 

"They better be cooking our chips." Hoseok grumbled and I saw it in his eyes. He really wanted to be in there laughing with them. Dancing with them.

 

Taehyung stopped and from what I could see, he was retrieving our chips. Jimin took them off him and poured them into a takeaway box. Jungkook then grabbed the box and headed out of the kitchen space. Hoseok took the box, thanking Jungkook. And he had to pry more.

 

"You guys seem really close." He stated and Jungkook muffled a scoff.

 

"Yeah, we are." He grinned.

 

"So do you meet up outside of work at all?"

 

"Well, five times a week to be exact. After this job and before Taehyung's ond on the weekends. And we meet up after our full-time jobs and once again before Taehyung's night work."

 

"You all seem to have a good schedule worked out. When is your alone time?"

 

I glared at Hoseok to stop this questioning, but he didn't notice. He wanted answers.

 

"The other two afternoons." The smile was gone from Jungkook's face, replaced with a scowl.

 

Jimin's laughter burst through. Taehyung was not laughing though, so something had to be up. It was confirmed by Taehyung's loud wailing.

 

"Kookie~ I dropped the salt shaker again." He whined and Jungkook clicked his tongue, looking at us with a new sense of embarrassment.

 

"I win the bet!" Jimin shouted and Taehyung wailed louder.

 

"You guys made a bet. How could you Kookie? I trusted you." Taehyung then started laughing.

 

"Ah, um." Jungkook lost all his cocky confidence as he was torn between serving us and helping Taehyung. "This happens a lot. Taehyung doesn't really sleeo much.

 

That was his explantion before fleeing into the kitchen. Glancing at Hoseok, he was grinning. Leading him away from the counter, I had to force him to the park. The lovey yet wrong mood had vanished, replaced with out normal friendship feel. This is what felt right. Well, it did until Hoseok gripped my hand, smiling at me me sheepishky. I should have wanted this, yet all I coukd think of was how Taehyung looked cuddled against me.

 

What has Taehyung done to me?

 

A/N

This is more word vomit than usual. I think something has messed with me head......