Dreams

Can You See The Dark?

Taehyungs Past P.O.V

 

It was always the same. Screaming then silence. Screaming then silence. Cradling my own face, I was sick and tired of this. All of this. The crappy apartment, the even crappier dad. Pulling my black hoodie over my head, I started walking. I wanted to keep walking until I was free. Free from my father's clutches. Free from my mothers wailing. But I never could be. Someone had to look out for my brother and sister. I felt another burst of anger. I hate my father. 

 

At school I had to keep it all inside. I had to. Smiling through the pain, laughing through the tears. I had to fight my own emotions. No one could know. My friends, I couldn't let them ever find out the truth. Walking cleared my head but never my heart.

 

Passing over a bridge, I let the tears fall ever so slightly. Staring up at the sky, I willed them to stop. No one could ever know. No one should ever know. I smiled, I laughed and I never cried. I was Taehyung, the always happy boy. And this fake little boy had to go back home. This liar had to help his family. This liar wanted to run. 

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

Opening the front door, father hadn't finished beating mother. This is not right. Peering around the corner, my blood ran cold and my mothers screaming made sense.

 

"You killed them. Why would you kill them?"

 

I didn't think, I couldn't think. Grabbing an empty bottle, I ran into the room and smashed it over my fathers head. He fell back and I couldn't stop. My siblings lifeless faces urged me on. They were crying, telling me to kill the monster. Mother screamed at me to stop, but I couldn't. Ramming the broken bottle into his stomach, I finally released my pent up rage. 

 

I kept stabbing him over and over. I watched as the colour drain from his face. When he finally fell, I let go of the bottle, leaving it inside him. Looking at my blood soaked hands, reality set in. The fantasy was diminished in one foul sweep. 

 

I killed my dad.

 

My siblings continued to cry, their bodies motionless on the ground. Collapsing against the wall, I began to cry. It was my turn to cry. My mother was screaming into a phone, saying her son was a killer. I was a killer. I killed my dad. I murdered him. And it still didn't make my siblings happy. They still wailed.

 

I wasn't here. I selfishly left. I was supposed to protect them. 

 

Everything happened so fast. Police rushed in, paramedics pulled me aside. Nothing was registering. Everything was gone. I longed for that feeling to not feel at all. I could finally see the dark. 

 

 

 

Yoongi's Present P.O.V

 

"He had killed someone, but it was ruled as self-defence. Taehyung cannot go to University becayse he had to still go to jail when he was 17. In there, he was told his mother hung herself and his sister is in a coma. She didn't die."

 

Jimin explained everytging and I was deeply mortified. I complained to that very same kid that life was unjust because my parents divorced. He had everything taken away from him in one go. Crouching down, I held my head in my hands. Jimin smiled very weakly. There was more?

 

"I met Taehyung in a psychiatric ward." He confessed and I openly stared. "I...we both tried to kill ourselves. We met there. Jungkook, he was beaten and hit by a car. We all met at the hospital. We all visited Taehyung's little sister everyday while there. He...he is damaged Yoongi." 

 

Jimin stared at me with pleading eyes and I understood. He either wanted me to save Taehyung or leave. Save Taehyung...how ironic. Although it was not noticeable, Taehyung saved me. He pried me open and dug out my feelings. He ended the love what would have ended me. Laughing dryly, I stood up. Fixing my hair I smiled at Jimin a painful smile.

 

"Does Taehyung like the beach?"

 

Jimin's face brightened up like I had just given him sweets. He just nodded and left. Watching him for a brief moment, he turned.

 

"Are you not going to get Taehyung?" Jimin asked and I frowned ever so slightly.

 

"Of course I am." I pouted. Jimin laughed.

 

"See if you can drag him away from work. He doesn't have to pay hospital bills anymore." Jimin insinuated the terrible fate of Taehyung's sister. That could be why he finally broke in the kitchen.

 

Taehyung was alone in this world. And I was determined to change that.

 

With a stronger resolve than I had ever felt, I walked back to the bar.

 

 

 

Finding Taehyung was easy. His smile shone above the lights, his lonely eyes creeping towards me. Sitting in front of me, he recoiled. Smiling at him, I grabbed his hand before he could withdraw it from the bench. Leaning in close so he could hear me over the loud music, I still moved in closer. 

 

"Taehyung, why do you want to leave me?" I asked, pulling away and staring into his soul. His smile wavered.

 

"Yoongi hyung, I was a nuisance." He stated bluntly and I shook my head. 

 

I had to push away everything I had been told. Jimin could repeat it, Taehyung had to feel it. Until Taehyung was ready, the questions what burned my bones would remain as secrets.

 

"Taehyung, come with me." I told him and he shook his head. "Taehyung, you need a break. Come with me. Your manager should allow it."

 

Finally he nodded. Releasing his hand, he moved away from me. Watching as he walked eith that uncertain grace, I felt sorry for the lost boy. I wanted to change that little lost boy. Change him in a good way. He pried me open, it was my turn to figure him out. He returned with that goofy box smile on his face and I grinned back. Taehyung giggled.

 

"Your smile gets sweeter and sweeter everyday."

 

I was struck with an impulse. It was as random as pancakes from a stranger, but meant more than first thought. 

 

"Black and white." I blurted and Taehyung stared at me, frozen in the middle of the room. By that reaction, I got it right.

 

"Wha...how?"

 

"Your favourite colours are black and white because you only view the world in black and white. I took you home from a bar so you thought you were just a one night stand. There was no other option. You may wear some bright things, but you have a tendancy to chose black or white clothing."

 

Tears brimmed in his eyes, but he blinked them away before they could fall.

 

"You..." his voice cracked "know. You care."

 

"Of course I do Tae~" I cooed, shortening his name for added effect.

 

"Yoongi...where to?" He asked, his cheerful attitude taking charge.

 

"It is a surprise." I shouted, uncaring towards others at this moment.

 

Rushing him outside, I was thankful I brought my car this time. We climbed in, and before I had even put the key in the ignition, Taehyung laced his fingers through my spare hand. And it felt right. Glad I drive an automatic, I relished this feel of right seeping through my skin. Looking at Taehyung from the corner of my eyes, I saw his eyes were closed, a small smile dancing along his face. He looked so pure. So perfect. Like nothing had ever tainted him. Starting the car before thoughts of killing tje dead flooded my mind, I drove towards Taehyungs surprise. The beach.

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

The beach at night, my headlights our only source of light was strangely magical. The radio supplied the silence breaker, and as I leaned against the hood, Taehyung danced along the waters edge. I could feel another goofy grin stretch across my face and I decided to join him. It didn't matter that it went against the image I had created of myself. When I was with this damaged boy, all my worries left me. 

 

The song changed, and so did a swift change of play. Taehyung started a tickle war. And I was not ticklish in the slightest. Touching his soft flesh was heaven and it took all my will power to not kiss him. He writhed under my touch, laughing. Somehow I, the responsible elder, ended up straddling the poor kid. When I realised, I rolled off without making a huge deal and I was concerned as to what was wrong with me. Taehyung brushed the sand off himself and grinned. Walking towards the waters edge, he beckoned me over. Complying with another demand of his, he wrapped his arms around me neck.

 

"Yoongi, you might not have noticed me but I noticed you. You always came to the bar, always so upset yet always so composed. So even if this is a dream, even though I will have to wake up, let me have this kiss." He whispered into my chest as he rested his head. 

 

Wait, he...he already knew me? Well, not technically knew me, but had noticed me? And I was a class A to him. I remembered his whispered statement as his lips pressed softly against my own.

 

Timid and slow, fear paralyzing his muscles, his kiss was still better than the one Hoseok and I shared. Gripping Taehyung's waist, I kissed him back. And despite my inner protests, I was quick to break the kiss.

 

"This is not a dream." I whispered back, and I watched Taehyung's face express multiple emotions. "And I want to know more about you."

 

"Well I am a good kisser." He teased and I laughed.

 

"Yeah right." I teased back, knowing full well where this would go.

 

"I will prove it." He whined and I shook my head.

 

Before I could mock him further, his lips took mine once again. And the only thing to describe this is...wow.

 

 

A/N

Smoochie smoochie lovey dovey romance . Not my cup of coffee (tea is the bane of my existance; I can never get the sugar quantities right). I am trying people, I am trying. They say love can heal a broken heart, mend a damaged soul and all that other zen stuff. Yeah...I run out of credit tonight so I may get more tomorrow, I may not. So I might be able to update tomorrow, I may not. I think I need a coffee.......