Pancakes!!!

Can You See The Dark?

I woke up in my familiar bed. The white sheets crumpled around me, the blanket a warmth holding me together. A hammering inside my skull proved that I must have gone out drinking, and I must have drunk a lot. But the empty spot beside me, and the sight of clothes still on me proved I went home alone. Again. And of course, my mind drifted to Hoseok. Would he ever disgrace himself this much to possibly forget about someone? Forget about me? But we never even dated in the first place, and he still does not know I like him. We are still just friends.

The scent of pancakes wafted into my room, and so did immediate confusion. Why am I smelling pancakes? I live alone in this apartment. So why? Rolling out of bed slowly, I took cautious steps out of my room and into the kitchen. Peering around the corner, I saw why I smelt pancakes. And I still could not believe my eyes.

A creature of most handsome proportions stood there, a slight grin playing with his already devilishly handsome face. The dark brown hair hung limply to his eyebrows, no styling, yet it still looked so good. He was tall and skinny, but somehow still graceful. But one thing hit me. He was in my apartment, and he sure as hell looked underage. Stepping out from my hiding spot, I spoke.

"Why are you here?"

That clearly startled him, considering the fact he dropped the spatula and gripped his shirt above his heart.

"Jesus, you gave me a heart attack." He breathed out, and accompanied it with a low chuckle.

"Answer my question." Panic began to rise. Was he avoiding the topic because we did stuff last night. Stuff that would be illegal due to our ages.

"Okay okay, you must have drunk a lot. Well, I know you did, considering I was the bartender." He laughed.

"Wait, a kid like you a bar tender?"

"I have my RSA. Responsible service of alcohol." He beamed and I just shook my head.

"Continue with why are you here." 

"You were clearly too drunk to get home safely and my shift jad just ended, so my manager told me to take you home. By the time I laid you on your bed, you were out and I did not know the code to lock your door if I left. Done, end of story." He flipped a pancake and I was still just stunned.

"So nothing happened between us. Thank god." I huffed and he pouted jokingly.

"Nawww, am I not good enough for you?" He purred playfully.

"Whatever. What is with the pancakes?" I asked.

"Hang over food, and a peace offering to let me out of your apartment." He giggled, finished with the pancakes.

"Do I look like a bad person?" I decided to joke back, and instantly regretted it.

"You are not a morning person by the looks of it." He giggled into the back of his wrist, clearly happy. He then pointed out my appearance in a reflection and all I could do was groan.

I looked like crap. My bleach blond hair stood up at all angles and my face was still puffy from sleep. It did not help that my eyes were blood shot from an over comsumption of alcohol either.

"I need more than pancakes to fix this." I muttered and the kid stopped laughing.

"Do you not like pancakes? Crap!" He continued swearing, pacing back and forth and I found this whole ordeal quite entertaining.

"Hey kid, what is your name?" I asked on a whim and did not expect him to actually reply.

"Kim Taehyung, glad to be at your service." He bowed mockingly, his grin back. "And what might the sleeping princesses name be?"

That kid, how has no one killed him yet?

"Min Yoongi."

I reached for a pancake and ate it. While I was lost in the abyss of food heaven, Taehyung just smiled and went for the door. Staring at him, he laughed.

"Also, I am not a kid. I'm nineteen years old."

And like that, Taehyung left. Choking on my pancake from his last comment, I just stared at the now closed door. That boy was legal, and I did nothing! Staring at the pancakes, I had to admit he was a good cook. And rather attractive. I, on the other hand, must have appeared to be a very disgusting looking drunk. Snarling at my own appearance, I was glad Hoseok had not seen this whole ordeal.

Stuffing another pancake in my mouth, I thought of Hoseok. How he will never know how I feel. Laughing dryly, I wondered if he even thought I felt. My stone cold exterior showed I didn't, but inside I knew I did. This unrequited love will kill me, but as long as I can stay by his side, it is worth it.

Looking next to the plate of pancakes, a chuckle bubbled from my lips. That idiot, he left me a note. Obviously he had planned on leaving straight away. That little liar. Picking up the note, I once again choked on pancake.

To dearest Stranger,

Behold my pancakes!!! They should soak up the alcohol in your system. You drank a lot, but to keep you near me I could not cut off your alcohol. You looked too cute! But remember, bars are a dangerous place. Try to drink a little less and talk to your bartender more. He might just like your smile away from a glass. So listen to this strangers advice. From one stranger to another. Watch your drinks.

Love from a most sincere Stranger.

This kid. He was on a whole different level. I really want to see him again, but this feeling was wrong. Before I could ponder on this joy, my phone chimed. A message. A message from Hoseok. And strangely, my heart did not skip a beat.

Was it the alcohol?