Warmness Sometimes Can't Destroy The Ice In Your Heart

Trust Me

When Youngjae woke up the next morning, the bed was empty. Jaebum was gone, but Youngjae wasn’t worried. Or at least, he didn’t even realise that he still was in Jaebum’s bed. He always needed a lot of time to wake up properly, and when he finally did, he started freaking out.

Where was he ? And why was he here ?

He suddenly heard a voice and tried to recognize it… but failed. He never heard this voice before, and the panic he already felt turned into terror when he thought of him sleeping with a stranger.
Getting up, he slowly made his way to what he assumed was the kitchen, and peeked his head through the not-so-closed door. A man was standing by the table – who was full of food – and Youngjae recognized him as soon as .

Jaebum.

His heart suddenly beat faster at the sight of his friend. He was relieved, or at least that’s what he convinced himself.

Jaebum quickly saw Youngjae, and smiled at him.

 

“-How are you ?

 

Youngjae looked at him, suddenly feeling lost… and not really awake.

 

“- Why am I here ? he asked in a sleepy voice, making Jaebum laugh a little.

  - You don’t remember ?

 

Jaebum was nice enough to talk in a smooth voice to not disturb the younger one. He couldn’t help but look at him in a lovingly way. The younger one was really adorable in the morning, rubbing his eyes and bubbling in a cute and low voice.

It was something to know each other at school, but it was something else to know each other’s face after a full night of sleep, especially when we all tend to hide it.

Jaebum then gave Youngjae a lot of food – knowing he wouldn’t be able to eat it. Jaebum was still trying though, because he knew that Youngjae’s parents didn’t care at all.
Or maybe they did, but they were careless.

Youngjae blushed a little when Jaebum told him what happened. He only ate a bit of bread with some butter this morning, when he usually eats nothing for breakfast. He didn’t want to hurt Jaebum when he cooked so much food for him.
Luckily, Jaebum didn’t say anything, and took Youngjae to his bedroom. It was Saturday, and they had all the time they wanted.

None of them actually said something about Youngjae going home, and the thought never really crossed their head.

They talked a bit before showering. Jaebum went first, leaving Youngjae alone in the cold bedroom.

“- I’ll be right back. Don’t fall asleep again, Jae !

 

Youngjae let out a laugh, and suddenly, he was alone.

It was a strange sensation to be alone after all this time spent with Jaebum. He, who loved solitude, was suddenly... feeling empty. Jaebum’s warmness wasn’t here anymore, and his heart quickly started aching. He couldn’t breathe properly and his whole body started sweating when he started thinking about everything he didn’t want to think about.
His brother.
The phone call.

And Jaebum entered the room, seeing in friend laying on his bed, crying like the broken child he was.

Jaebum sighed at this sight, slowly making in way to the bed, leaving the towel behind him. He laid down next to his friend, and took him in his arms.

 

“- Youngjae…

  - Why did you leave me alone ?

  - I’m sorry. I’ll never leave your side anymore.”

 

They went silent, and Youngjae calmed down after a few minutes.

 

“- I’m sorry, hyung.

  - Don’t be, Jae. Never be sorry for feeling something.”

 

Youngjae quietly nodded, and stayed quiet for a moment. He was still in Jaebum’s arms, but he slowly got up to escape his embrace.

 

“- Hyung ?

- Yes ?

- What if someday, you’ll go ? What if you’ll be gone and I’ll still be here ? I don’t want to be the one who stay.

  - Even if that day comes, let’s not worry about it. If it has to happen, it’ll happen. I don’t want to say to you that it’ll never happen, because who knows ? But really, let’s just enjoy the present.

  - But… I don’t want you to go.

  - I’m not planning on doing so. Plus, don’t think it’s the one who stay who suffer. The one who lives suffers too. I mean, he had to leave.”

 

The younger one went quiet again, worrying his friend. Jaebum’s thoughts kept on running in his mind, and he couldn’t think properly.

He didn’t think enough before asking Youngjae a question he never wanted to ask.

 

“- Youngjae ?

  - Yes hyung ?

  - Do you trust me ?

  - Of course I do hyung, replied Youngjae with a smile.

  - Okay.

 

And what sounded like a stupid question for one of them, could be the start of something for the other one – or maybe the end.

Jaebum took this day a decision he never wanted to take one day, but he didn’t have the choice.

I’m sorry, thought Jaebum. I’m sorry Youngjae.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hellooooo ~ Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ! Nothing really happened but I had to write it this way to make the next chapter up ^^

Thank you guys for your support ! *cries*