I Was Selfish, But Rely On Me

Trust Me

Youngjae and Jaebum were growing closer each day, but the other students never found out. They both took care of meeting each other when they were alone. Jaebum didn’t want anyone to bully the younger one, and Youngjae only did this because… Well, he never really thought of it.

They both agreed on meeting each day at lunch, on the rooftop, and Jaebum always brought food to Youngjae. The younger one never ate it, but at least someone cared, and it was something that Youngjae will forever be grateful for.

But quickly, some students started to get suspicious when they saw Jaebum’s shy smiles to Youngjae, and Youngjae answering with a quick and small sign.

And one day, they both couldn’t take it anymore, and just started to chat during a break, in Youngjae’s class.
Everyone went silent when they saw Jaebum entering the classroom – why would he come in a junior class ?

He was the most popular student of the school, and Youngjae was nothing.

Jaebum’s face lighted up when he saw his small friend, and quickly ran up to talk to him. Youngjae was surprised, but his shy smile showed how happy he was to see Jaebum. He wasn’t used to have a friend, after all.

Youngjae’s reaction only comforted Jaebum, because it was the first smile he ever gave to him. And saying that his heart didn’t flutter this time would be a lie.

 

“- What are you doing here… Youngjae whispered.

  - I wanted to see you… I missed you too much.”

 

Youngjae’s cheeks were red, and Jaebum suddenly felt sorry for his friend. He obviously could tell that the younger one wasn’t used to have someone caring for him.

After that day, rumors went crazy, and they both started to get weird looks. Youngjae could tell that Jaebum was feeling guilty, but he quickly reassured him. It wasn’t his fault, after all. They both wanted to befriend each other, and nobody could stop them.

At home, Youngjae felt even more alone. His parents were always fighting, and he spent more and more time in his bedroom, trying to cover his parents’ scream with some music. But one day, his parents fought over his brother’s death, and he couldn’t take it anymore.

Grabbing his phone, he pressed Jaebum’s name in his contact list.

 

“- Hyung ?

  - Yes ?

  - Were you sleeping ?

  - No, don’t worry, said Jaebum in an obvious sleepy tone.

  - My parents are fighting again…

  - Want to sleep with me ?

  - Can I ?

 

Jaebum quickly gave his address to the younger one, and then waited.

It didn’t take Youngjae a lot of time to ring his house’s bell.

They didn’t say anything until they both were in Jaebum’s bed, but Youngjae couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“- I’m sorry for running to you again. I should learn how to protect myself.

  - You never bother me, Youngjae.

  - Thank you hyung, said the younger one with tears in his eyes.

  - Eh, why are you crying ?

 

Jaebum brushed his finger on Youngjae’s cheek, erasing his tears.

 

“ - It’s just… I feel so empty. It’s mean to say it now that you’re here but… I still don’t know why I’m even living. It hurts. So much… Hyung, how did you forget your parents’ death ?

  - I didn’t. I still think of them. Every day. But we have to move on. It’s life. Sometimes… Yes, sometimes I find it hard to… live. To breathe. Knowing that one day I’ll only disappear. Sometimes I ask myself why I’m still living. I sometimes lose my love for life. I sometimes forget that I have a reason to live. But that’s okay. We all feel like that at one point of our life and we shouldn’t feel ashamed of that. It’s normal.”

 

Youngjae locked his gaze into Jaebum’s one, who was full of tears. He then realized how selfish he was, asking his hyung’s help when he couldn’t help himself first.

He then did something they both never had the guts to do before. He took the older one in his arms, trying to lighten up the weight he had on his shoulders.

But Youngjae didn’t know what Jaebum had to go through everyday. Jaebum felt it, suddenly, and he didn’t want to hide this to his new friend.

 

“- Youngjae ?

  - Yes hyung ?

  -

  - Hyung, you can tell me.

  - Nah, it’s nothing. Go to sleep now, you must be tired.”

 

Youngjae felt something wrong, but he never asked.
Maybe, if he did, Jaebum would have overcome his fear of judgement. Jaebum was only scared that after knowing what happened the night his parents died, the younger one would leave him.

And that was something he really didn’t want to happen.

This night, they both had a hard time to fall asleep. They didn’t talk about Youngjae’s parents’ fight, and they didn’t talk about Jaebum’s obvious secret. They didn’t talk at all, but they didn’t need to. They were here for each other, and that was the only thing they needed.

They were two teenagers, who both had broken hearts and only wanted the world to take care of them. They were living in the dark, still waiting for the light to come… But they both promised to try.

They both promised to be strong for each other, and to live until they don’t regret their choice of living when they both could have chosen death.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO !!! I'm finally back ! Thank you all for your cute message, wishing me to have a great holiday ^^ Because I had :D

So this is chapter 3, I hope you'll like it because I don't HAHAHAHA ♥

Thank you so much for your support ! I never imagined I could have so much suscribers *sobs*

See you tomorrow or in a few days for chapter four ! :D