Chapter 9

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihyo!”, Ji Soo entered her shop together with her friends.

“Oh! It’s nice to see you here. Have a seat first, I’m just going to get some drinks.”, Jihyo welcomed them happily.

“No! We need to talk.”, Ji Soo pulled Jihyo’s hand and led her to the couch. Jihyo was then trapped by her friends. She blankly looked at them.

“Now tell us the whole story.”, Ji Soo demanded.

“What story?”, Jihyo asked curiously.

“Oh come on! Tell us already, Jihyo.”, Ji Eun said annoyingly.

“About the story behind the Karate Tournament that Haha oppa said to us.”, Min Ah explained.

“Oh! You knew?”, Jihyo asked casually.

“Yah! What’s with your expression? It seems you’re not scared?”, Ji Eun asked her.

“Of course I’m not. Besides, I’m the one who proposed the game, so why should I be scared?.”, Jihyo answered back.

“Hyung!”, Haha cried out.

“What is your problem?”, Jong Kook asked annoyingly.

“Could you please withdraw your deal with Jihyo-ssi?”, Haha pleaded.

“And how did you know? Don’t tell me you were eavesdropping?”, he asked raising his brows.

“I’m sorry if I eavesdropped in your conversation. But, it doesn’t matter now. Just please withdraw the deal, hyung.”, Haha pleaded again and this time, he used his aegyo.

“Who are you to tell me to pull out the deal?”, he glared at the young man. If glare could kill, Haha will be dead by now.

“Hyuuungg..”, he stuttered.

“Just go now, Haha. It is still work time. Not because you are my friend, I will tolerate your laziness. You still have some files to submit to me.”, Jong Kook calmly ordered him.

“But, hyung..”, Haha tried again to speak.

“Just go!”, Jong Kook lost his patience. Haha ran out immediately. When he was outside his boss’s office, he grabbed his heart that is beating at a fast speed.

“Thank God, I’m still alive.”, Haha muttered under his breath. Before he went to his office, he looked back at the door of his boss.

“Just what are you thinking hyung for doing this?”, he thought.

Jihyo looked at her friends with determination after telling them the deal they had with Kim Jong Kook.

“Don’t worry. I will win.”, she showed them her widest smile.

“We know, Jihyo how confident you are when it comes to Karate, but, please reconsider it.”, Ji Soo suggested.

“Why are you being stubborn?”, Ji Eun exclaimed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter