Chapter 8

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo went to her work with a bright smile. It was because of yesterday’s event. Finally, she had taken revenge on the man she hated for the past weeks. As she was approaching her boutique, she saw the land owner of her business. Actually, she was only renting the place since she doesn’t have enough money to build her own place. She smiled at her as she was getting nearer.

“Good morning, Madame.”, she greeted happily. The lady in his 40’s looked at Jihyo with concerned eyes. Jihyo saw the different expression the lady has given to her. “What brings you here?”, she asked although she can sense that something bad will definitely happen.

“Ahm, Jihyo.”, the lady started. “I’m very sorry. This place has already been taken.”

Jihyo was surprised to what the lady said.

“What do you mean, Madame? We have a contract and I have paid advanced.”, Jihyo answered back.

“I’m really sorry. I don’t want to do this either but the buyer persuaded me. He offered a large sum of money for this place and I couldn’t say no. So, here is the money you have given to me.”, the lady explained.

“How much did he offer, Madame? And who offered you? Maybe I can talk to him.”, Jihyo asked.

“The Kim Corporation.”, the lady replied. After she said the amount to Jihyo and handed the card from the corporation, she then left her. Jihyo on the other side gritted her teeth.

“So this is what he means by regret?  He wants war. I’ll give him what he wants.”, she mumbled. She then hailed a cab and showed to the driver the address written in the card.

 “I have bought the property you ordered earlier.”, his secretary answered.

“You did well. You can go now.”, Jong Kook replied to him without looking at the person.

“Hyung!”, Haha barged in when the secretary was preparing to leave.

“What?!”, Jong Kook glared at the man.

“Are you still angry at me?”, Haha cowered after Jong Kook shouted at him.

“What do you think?”, Jong Kook asked him with anger.

“But, hyung…”, Haha couldn’t finish his sentence because someone has arrived. A man in his 50’s entered the room with a few people wearing black suits and glasses. Haha recognized the man and excused himself from them.

“Could you knock the door before you enter my room?”, Jong Kook asked in a flat tone. “Or you don’t know how to knock?”, he asked with sarcasm.

The man smiled and gestured to the guys he was with to leave them alone.

“Is that how you welcome your favorite uncle, my favorite niece?”, Kim Moon Hee, the brother of his father, asked.

“I heard your father came two weeks ago. He didn’t even contact me.”, his uncle continued and took a seat in the couch.

“Perhaps he doesn’t want to talk with you since you are busy with pointless things, don’t you?”, Jong Kook mocked.

The man raised his brows after hearing Jong Kook’s words. ‘Like father like son. No respect at all.’, he thought. The man showed an annoyed expression to which Jong Kook noticed.

“What do you want, uncle?”, Jong Kook asked in a cold tone.

Jihyo arrived in the Kim Corporation. She was amazed on the exterior of the building which mostly made of glass panels that were perfectly merged with the steel plates surrounding the building. She couldn’t even count the number of floors of the building since it was so tall. She bet that it was 50 times taller than her shop. She then entered the building. What welcomed her is the interior of the ground floor that is designed smartly. Then she remembered the reason she went to the building. She approached the counter positioned in the middle of the building.

“What can I do for you, Ma’am?”, a lady wearing an elegant uniform asked her with bright smile.

“I need to talk with your president.”, Jihyo answered back. She thought that Jong Kook is the president so she asked for the presiden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter