Chapter 1

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy Birthday, friend!!"

They are now celebrating the birthday of Song Ji Hyo at the restaurant owned by one of her friends.

“Thank you, girls.”, Song Ji hyo thanked her friends. 

Song Ji hyo is 26 years old. Her mother died when she was attending Seoul University and since then, she has been living alone. She became a successful businesswoman and has been managing her own boutique for 3 years. Different kinds and types of clothes will be seen in her boutique and is famous among young and married women.

“No need to thank us. We just did what should be done.”, Min ah said.

“Yah! Are you saying that you are forced to celebrate this with me?”, Ji hyo shouted while pretending to be angry.

“Aigoo. Ji hyo-ah, of course we are sincere, so stop acting like you don't know. Hahah.”, Ji Soo laughed.

“Oh come on, guys. We should eat, the foods are delicious. Especially this grilled meat.”, Ji Eun said while tasting the foods.

“Yah! Ji Eun-ah, I should be the first one touching those foods since it's my birthday.”, Ji hyo approached Ji Eun and stopped her from eating.

The girls are having a good time since it has been 4 months that they have been together due to their conflict schedules. They tease each other and laugh at their own jokes. Suddenly, Ji Soo's phone rang. She smiled upon seeing the one who is calling her. Ji hyo saw her friend smiling while looking at the phone.

AT THE OTHER LINE

“Yah! Why did you bring me here?”, a muscled man shouted at the man beside him. They are outside of the club.

“Aigoo. My ear hurts. Hyung, you should stop your habit of shouting at me. Don't you pity me?”, Haha said while doing an aegyo.

“It's because you’re clumsy. You always do things without asking me. And now, you drag me in this noisy place?”

“Hyung, I just want to have fun with you. It’s been a while since we go out and enjoy ourselves. And I want to introduce you to someone, a very special one.”

“I don't want to meet girls. So stop bugging me and I want to go home, now.”

“Hyung! Just this one, please. The girl I'm going to introduce to you is my fiancée. You know that you are like my brother. Ever since my parents died, your family took care of me. And….”

“Stop. Alright, I'm going to stay. I'll meet her. Happy?”, the muscled man said while going inside the club.

“Thank you, hyung. I'll call her, now.”, said Haha while dialing his girlfriend’s number.

The muscled man name is Kim Jong Kook, 28 years old. He is the vice president of KIM CORPORATION, a very well known company in Seoul. Under their company are hotels, restaurants, malls, as well as hospitals. He is the son of the CEO and owner of the company, Kim Sang Joon. He is a perfectionist. He always takes care of his body. A very picky person when it comes to food and strict man when business and money involves. Although, he is the son, his father decided to not give him the company until he is married. On the other hand, Jong Kook still does his best for the company in order to make his father realize that the company will be safe in his hands even he is not married.

AT THE RESTAURANT

Ji Soo answered her phone. “Excuse me, girls.”, she stood up and then walked away from her friends.

Ji hyo saw her friend smiling from ear to ear while talking to the phone. ‘Why is she like that', Ji hyo thought. She looked away when she saw that Ji Soo ended the call and went back to their table.

“Ahm, guys, I should head out first. I'm sorry, Ji hyo. I have an appointment to attend, a very important one. I will call you again, huh?”, Ji Soo said.

“But, Ji Soo-ah, it's my birthday today. Is that person more important than me?”, Ji hyo asked pretending that she's hurt.

Ji Soo smiled while looking at her friend. She knows th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter