Chapter 10

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo is currently attending a client when a man entered her boutique carrying a bouquet of white roses.

“For Ms. Song Jihyo”, the man called out.

The ladies as well as the staff of Jihyo giggled as soon as Jihyo received the flowers making her blush. She blushed not because of the flowers she received but because of the embarrassment she felt when she received the bouquet.

The man left after he handed the flowers to Jihyo. She looked at the card in the bouquet. Her face changed to sour to which the ladies caught and find it weird. She then went to her office and threw the flowers in the trash bin.

“What the heck is that ugly monster planning?”, she muttered under her breath.

Jong Kook arrived at his office around lunch time. He immediately went to his seat when suddenly his phone rang.

“Thank you for your service.”, he answered and put down his phone. He suddenly saw a box, lunch box to be exact. He saw a small card beside the lunch box. He then crumpled the note and tossed it in his trash bin together with the lunch box.

 

On the next day, Jihyo arrived at her workplace. She saw a box at her doorstep.

“What’s this?”, she asked to herself.

She saw her name in the card. She then looked around to find the person who delivered the box, but to her dismay, she saw no one who seemed suspicious. She carried the box in her boutique. She put the box in her table and proceeded with her daily routine.

Lunch Break…

Jihyo returned at her table and saw the box from earlier. She opened the box and saw her favorite chocolates, Peppero.

‘Woah, my favorites. Who would give me this precious food?’, she thought.

She then saw a card on one of the Peppero box. She gritted her teeth, and clenched her fist. She took the box and stormed out of her boutique. Her staffs were surprised to see their boss actions. She then hailed a taxi.

“He really tests my patience.”, she mumbled.

Jongkook just finished his meeting with the directors of their company. His secretary approached him.

“Sir, I have already found a place for the Karate Tournament. Also, I’ve already arranged the schedule.”, his secretary affirmed.

“Good. Contact the girl who came here with my uncle. Tell her the date and the place.”, Jongkook commanded.

“Yes sir. And sir, I saw this in your office.”, his secretary handed him a small bag. Jongkook opened it and saw a lunchbox with a post-it note. He then returned it to his secretary.

“I don’t eat that kind of food. Throw it.”, Jongkook ordered. “Is the car ready?”, he then asked. Jongkook was going to do an ocular inspection in their new building located in Gangnam.

“Yes, sir.”, his secretary answered.

“Let’s go.”, Jongkook commanded.

As he passed the lobby, staffs and other personnel bowed to him. Before he could exit the building, Jihyo appeared in front of him. She almost stumbled upon him for she was rushing towards the building, but, thankfully, she balanced herself well. They were only a feet apart.

“What are you doing here?”, Jongkook coldly said to her.

“I’m here to return these.”, Jihyo showed to him the box.

“That box is not mine.”, Jongkook answered to her. “Now, move aside.”, he ordered.

But, Jihyo didn’t move, she just stood still in front of him. Jongkook didn’t care anymore and just bumped onto her and then went outside. Jihyo was shocked. She almost lost her balance. The people inside the building were surprised.  

“What a bastard.”, Jihyo angrily muttered. She then turned around and chased Jongkook. Before Jongkook could enter the car, Jihyo grabbed his arm. She used her strength to turn him around, and thankfully, he turned facing towards her.

“This box is yours. It has your name.”, she gave the box to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter