Learning

The Summer Everything Changed

30th June 2014

It had only been a couple of days since Taehyung and Hana had begun dating officially. They were both very busy people, however, and it was not possible for them to see each other everyday which had brought disappointment to the both of them. 

Two days ago, however, Hana had organized a dinner where Taehyung had formally met Hana's best friend, Minah. It was like one of those dinners where the new boyfriend had to make a good impression on his girlfriend's parents. Minah had taken the place of Hana's parents while they were absent, although Taehyung was really looking forward to meeting Hana's mother. He had claimed to get along well with older women, especially mothers.

"I'd like you to meet my friends too, pretty. They really want to meet you now that I've told them about you."

Hana couldn't help but feel absolutely nervous. This was probably just as nerve-wracking as meeting his parents.

"You don't have to dress too well, pretty. I don't want them falling for you, too."

Hana decided to wear a simple light blue sleeveless dress that dropped to above her knees. She slightly curled the ends of her hair, and bobby-pinned her fringe/bangs back. Even if she was only meeting Taehyung's friends, she still had wanted to give them her best impression.

Around an hour later, Taehyung arrived to pick her up. "Oh my god. Didn't I tell you not to dress up too nicely?" Hana just shrugged as Taehyung led her to his car. The car ride was not awkward at all, but the car ride had definitely given Hana a new discovery. She discovered Taehyung's voice. He could actually sing really well.

When the two arrived at the restaurant, Hana was greeted with five other men introducing themselves to her. They were all equally attractive, but not as attractive as Taehyung in her opinion. The eldest boy introduced himself as Kim Seokjin, and was a very kind gentleman. Hana knew from the start that he was probably the eldest and most responsible out of all their friends.

There was a blonde haired boy named Min Yoongi who she had shaken hands with. He spoke to her with a little bit of English in each of his sentences with a fluent accent, which impressed her. Everyone knows that English is one of the hardest languages to learn (it really is!!!).

The black haired boy who cracked a joke every now and then was named Jung Hoseok, and was probably one of the boys who was easiest to recognize. His eyes were a little larger than an average Korean's, and he had a funny story to tell every time.

The youngest looking boy introduced himself next as Jeon Jungkook. He had reminded Hana of her long-lost childhood, since he looked much like him. The last boy who introduced himself to her was Park Jimin, who greeted her with a wink. Taehyung immediately hit the back of his head, hugging Hana protectively.

Although Hana found most of the dinnertime awkward, she had learnt a lot about Taehyung when she listened to the boys talk to each other, reminiscing about their days together. She had learnt that Taehyung had a strong passion for singing and dancing. She also now learnt that he goes to a University of Arts in Seoul.

"Has Taehyung ever sung to you, Hana?" Jin suddenly asked, looking up at her. When she shook her head, he turned to face Taehyung in response, "Yah! You haven't sung to your own girlfriend? You said if you'd get a girlfriend, you'd serenade her to ask her to be yours... If you didn't serenade her, how did you ask her out?"

Everyone laid their curious eyes on Taehyung who was now sweating nervously, "I-I just asked her.... Why do you guys even want to know?" When they figured that Taehyung wouldn't give them an answer, they turned to Hana instead. She did not answer them straight away, thinking Taehyung would not be comfortable with his friends teasing him.

After a couple of hours, his friends started leaving one by one, leaving Taehyung and Hana alone together. They sat across each other, Taehyung fixing his eyes on Hana, intently. Hana frowned a little. "What is it?" At times like these ones, she'd begin to get self concious, wondering if there was something funny on her face. She looked away a little, noticing the smile on Taehyung's face widening. She was so sure that there must have been food on her face.

As she lifted her hand to wipe away whatever could have been on her face, Taehyung gently stopped her hand from doing so. "Don't hide your face from me, pretty. There's nothing on your face, don't worry."

"Then why do you keep staring at me like that?"

"Because you're beautiful." At that moment, Hana wished she didn't ask. She was now blushing hard, and Taehyung probably noticed, "Taehyung, stop." He chuckled, letting out his hand to her. "Come on, pretty. Let's go for a walk together." Hana intertwined her fingers with his, walking beside him in the cool evening.

"Pretty, there's something I need to tell you..." he whispered, the happiness completely disappearing from his voice. Hanas grip on his hand loosened as she looked up at him. "Is there a problem...?" Hana was honestly frightened. She has never had a talk like this with Taehyung. He had sounded so serious, and he seemed to have been avoiding any eye contact. "Nevermind... It's nothing, pretty."

Although he reassured that everything was alright, Hana did not believe this. She had feared that he no longer loved her. And whether that were true or not, it did not seem that Taehyung would ever tell her anytime soon.