Feelings

The Summer Everything Changed

25 June 2014, 4.58pm

It had been more than three weeks since Hana had met Taehyung, and each day brought them closer and closer to each other. They would see each other very often, but not everyday, of course. On the days they didn't see each other, Taehyung made sure they stayed in contact with each other. It was clear that the two of them had mutual feelings for each other. Neither of them had ever thought of taking their relationship to the next level, since they were quite happy with their status right now.

"Pretty, I want to go to an amusement park with you." Taehyung said, holding onto her hand. This had become a normal thing between them. Many people have mistaken them as a couple many times before, but this did not seem to bother either of them. Especially Taehyung. "I thought you wanted to go to the amusement park with me on Christmas Day..." The sorrowful expression on his face immediately changed her mind. "Fine, then. We can go if you want to... I couldn't wait until Christmas, anyway."

Taehyung grinned, as he lead the way to the bus station. "Have you been there before?" Hana told Taehyung that she had been there many times with Minah, not mentioning the amount of times she had gone there with Namjoon. "Oh, I hope tonight won't be too boring for you, then..." Taehyung looked a bit awkward, rubbing the back of his neck. "It won't be boring! An amusement park with Kim Taehyung would be a completely different experience." The fact that Hana could make every situation better made him smile. How lucky was he to have met Hana?

The bus arrived a few minutes later. They boarded the bus, taking the two vacant seats at the back of the bus. "The bus trip might take us half an hour..." Hana complained, jutting out her lip a little. Taehyung lightly pinched her cheek, "Hey, it's not like it closes at 5. We have the whole night to spend there." Hana wrinkled her nose before putting on her earphones, playing her Exo Playlist. She closed her eyes, resting her head on Taehyung's shoulder. Unexpectedly, she drifted off to sleep. Taehyung laughed, careful not to wake her up.

He looked to his left, her head gently resting on his broad shoulders. She was not snoring, but he could hear her breathing. Cute. He smiled as he looked at her, when all of a sudden her eyes opened. She had caught him staring at her. She smirked. "And how long have you been watching me sleep?" she asked, playfully, slightly embarassed. They finally reached the amusement park, which was already full of couples and highschool students. It was crowded, as expected. This amusement park was the best amusement park in Seoul.

"So where to, first?" Hana looked around, quite dazed. "Um, maybe to the rides with shorter lines for now."  Taehyung followed her gaze to an extremely long line for one of the rides. The line looked like it had gone for two kilometres. "How about that rollercoaster over there? The line doesn't look too long. Unless you can't handle rides like that..." Hana giggles, unexpectedly taking his hand, "What? Are you serious? I can handle anything! Let's go!"

Taehyung chuckled, following to where the adorable girl was leading him. She was right, though. The line was pretty short. There were about fifty others in front of them. Hana looked very excited to go on, which was a relief for Taehyung. He couldn't contain his laughter, though. The look on her face was priceless. "What?" She looked like they were lining up to receive presents from Santa. "Oh, nothing. Don't worry."

They finally reached the front of the line when the two of them took a seat beside each other. "Have you been on this ride before?" Taehyung asked, as Hana shook her head. He smiled cheekily two seconds before the ride began. "Good luck, Hana."

***********************************************

 The ride finally came to an end and Hana was holding her stomach. She had felt like vomiting after that dreadful ride. Taehyung was concerned, but could not hold back his laughter. Hana had not expected the ride to go at that speed. "Pretty good ride, right?" Hana side-glared the boy before rolling his eyes, "Everyone told me the ride wasn't that terrifying. I've been lied to."

Taehyung could only stare back at the frowning girl. "Well, to be fair, the ride was not terrifying to me at all. Let's go to the Haunted House next, yeah?" Hana just shrugged, following after him, barely walking properly. The last ride had definitely affected her balance. The line for the Haunted House was also unusually short. "They say that this Haunted House is actually very scary. Probably explains the short line." Taehyung was smiling from ear to ear, while Hana was shivering with fear. Even the gargoyles at the front of the House had freaked the hell out of her.

She took a deep breath before she entered the Haunted House with Taehyung. It was a tunnel full of rooms you could only enter with the group you came with. In this case, it was just Taehyung and Hana. She was straight away terrified the first step she took into the room. The carpet was all ripped and there was nothing they could see ahead of them. It was almost pitch black.

"Woah, this place is actually creepy." Taehyung whispered, looking around, walking forward slowly as Hana took hold of his arm. "Don't you dare run without me, okay?" Hana pleaded, shaking his arm like a little kid. He laughed, nodding. They continued to walk through the dark, with the wooden floorboards creaking underneath their feet. It was just like in those horror films.

Just then, something jumped right out at them, causing Hana to scream. It was a scary clown puppet with one of its eyes gouged out. Taehyung sighed in relief when he remembered it was all fake. It was a puppet. "Oh, come on, Hana. It has only been five minutes. You can't be that scared already." Hana frowned in slight embarassment, trying to get herself together. She playfully pushed Taehyung away, walking ahead of him. "I can walk on my own."

Oh, how stupid Hana was. She had completely forgotten how frightened she was of Haunted Houses. As she stepped forward, something grabbed onto her leg. "Oh my God--!!!" she let out a scream, as Taehyung tried to help her. He untied the plastic vines on her ankles as she immediately wrapped her arms around his waist. "A-Alright. I admit I'm scared. Very scared. Just-- Let's quickly get out of here, okay?"

And with a couple more screams and shouts, the two of them finally made their way out of the terrifying Haunted House. When they reached the exit, Hana could not stop complaining about the puppets inside. "They really shouldn't let minors go inside there!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw highschool students all lined up to enter. "Pretty, some boys ask their girlfriends to go inside with them on purpose so that they'd have a reason to cling onto each other."

Hana slowly nodded in agreement, "Yeah, true. I guess you're right, but--" Taehyung quickly cut her off with a playful smirk, "That's exactly why I took you inside with me." Hana did not know how to react to this; she only blushed, looking away, hoping that he wouldn't notice at all. "You're blushing."

"I'm not."

"I'm not blind, pretty."

Hana froze on the spot when her eyes had locked in with a very familiar face. Kim Namjoon. He was walking alone with a black cap on, wearing a grey hoodie. He approached them, Hana looking down nervously. Taehyung quickly got the message. Namjoon smiled at the two of them, slightly bowing as they did the same. "Hey, Hana. Strange bumping into you here. You came with a friend, hm?" he asked, gesturing towards Taehyung.

Hana nodded slightly, not uttering a single word. "Yeah, I'm actually her boyfriend." Namjoon looked a little shocked, but nodded in reply, "Ah, nice to meet you. I'm Namjoon, a friend of Hana." Taehyung shook hands with Namjoon before he decided to leave them. It looked as if he had just arrived and was waiting dor someone to arrive and meet up with. A date, perhaps. "Well, it was nice to meet you. And nice seeing you again, Hana." Hana smiled a little, as Namjoon walked away.

She sighed, shoving her hands into her pockets. "Well that was awkward. Thanks for helping me." It was getting colder, and Hana's cardigan didn't seem to be warming her up as well as it should. She almost jumped in surprise when she felt Taehyung wrap his jacket around her shoulders. "A-Are you sure? I mean, you must feel cold too...."

 "Oh god, pretty. Let me take care of you, okay?" he chuckled, as they came across the line for the Ferris Wheel. "I want to get on that," Taehyung whispered, looking up at it. "Come, Hana. The line isn't even that long, either." Just as he had said, the line shortened very quickly unlike many of the other lines for the rides. Hana and Taehyung hopped onto one of the carriages, taking a seat across each other.

The carriage lifted off the ground, starting to move in a clockwise direction. Hana turned to face the view of the city, eyes growing large. "Who knew that Seoul was so beautiful at night?" Hana continued to look out to the view and point at certain parts of the skyline. Taehyung just smiled as excitement continued to spread all over the girl's face.

"Hey, pretty."

"What is it?" Hana was barely looking at him, taking photos of the view on her phone. The ferris wheel came to a stop, and their carriage was hanging at the highest point.

"Pretty, I..." he looked up at her, his eyes meeting with hers. "I think I have fallen in love with you."

There was a silence between the two. She only looked at him with her already big eyes widening. "T-Taehyung, I..."

"It's alright, pretty. I mean, you must still have feelings for Namjoon, right?"

"No, it's not that. I--"

"I understand," he cut her off once again, "You struggle to get over him, still."

Hana was getting impatient with him. "Kim Taehyung, I think I love you, too."

His eyes widened in surprise, but he was clearly happy. "..What? Y-You do?" Hana chuckled, rolling her eyes at him, "Well if that's what the racing heartbeat means, then yes." A wide smile spread across his face, as he pumped his fist in the air happily. How childish.

"Well, in that case... Park Hana, will you be my pretty girlfriend?"

"Of course." In that instant, Taehyung took the chance to stand up and wrap his arms around her waist, leaning in until their foreheads touched. "Park Hana, I know it hasn't been a long time since we've met, but I know I love you more than anyone I have ever loved in my entire life."

And a couple seconds later, his lips met with hers for the first time.