Too Soon

The Summer Everything Changed

5th August 2014

Only a few days pass by, but so much had changed. Hana continued to see Taehyung everyday without fail after University. Her exams were coming up and she would stay up extra hours to study for it. Sometimes, she'd study while she's with Taehyung, even if she'd rather not. Taehyung was concerned about her health as he noticed the dark circles underneath her eyes. If Hana was lucky, she'd have five hours of sleep every night, which was definitely not enough for a University student.

"Pretty, you should go home..." Taehyung whispered in a quiet voice. Hana did not want to leave him, however. She wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

Hana remembered the night Taehyung spoke to her about his passion for singing and dancing. He had always wanted to be a singer since he was little, and he finally got recruited by a company just this year. "I had to pull out though, you know... I mean, who wants a leukemia patient to debut as a Korean idol?"

Even if Taehyung would joke around it all the time, it scarred Hana. This young, talented boy had to give up everything because of this disease. Because he was sick, he could no longer see a future for himself. "I'll probably be bedridden for the rest of my life."

No matter how many times his friends would call him negative, Hana couldn't disagree since everything he said was actually understandable and something hard to deny.

It was so hard to believe that a month ago, Taehyung was able to walk on his own and dance. "You know, pretty, I was a great dancer. If I could, I would have shown off to you. You definitely would have fallen for me if you saw how well I could dance."

Hana chuckled with tears welling up in her eyes, "I've already fallen for you, idiot."

Satisfied with her response, Taehyung lay back in his bed. "Tell me a story, pretty."

Hana sat there in silence, fidgeting with her fingers for a couple of moments. "I'm really bad with stories, Taehyung. You know that..."

"Th-Then, pretty, tell me why you love me."

Hana slowly nodded, watching as Taehyung closed his eyes without another word.

"I love you because you saved me in so many ways, Taehyung. In every possible way a person could be saved. If we hadn't met that day, I.... I really do not know what my life would be like right now, I.... Because of you, Taehyung, I am able to wake up every morning and look forward to the evenings to see you. Even if it's in the hospital, I don't really care. All the time I spend with you is definitely worth it, every single second. And every single second I have spent with you in the past will never be forgotten, Taehyung. I swear to God, I--"

Hana broke into tears, quickly wiping it away before continuing, "I-I love you so much, Kim Taehyung and I have never loved someone this much before! I...Everytime I see you, I can feel my heartbeat racing and I just still can't believe you share the same feelings as me, it's as if it's all just a fairytale."

Taehyung smiled, eyes still closed.

"Pretty, I will always love you."

 

*******************************************************************************************

 

Hana woke up to a loud beeping sound. She had fallen asleep in Taehyung's hospital room. She slowly opened her eyes, as she heard the doors suddenly burst open. Doctors and nurses were rushing in all of a sudden, and Hana could not comprehend what was happening at the moment. It took her a while to wake up properly and realize that Taehyung's heartbeat monitor was the thing that made the large beeping sound.

Before she could ask what was going on, she was immediately led out by some of the nurses. "I-Is he going to be alright?!"

The nurse did not nod, or shake her head. "Please, ma'am, wait outside here. We'll call you in once we are finished."

The nurse rushes back into the room to join the other nurses and doctors, leaving behind a very confused and frightened Hana.

 

Taehyung. Taehyung, please. Please be alright... Please don't leave me... Please, not yet...

 

After an hour of waiting in fear, the main doctor exited the room alone, with a sad expression displayed on his face. He didn't need to say anything for Hana to get the message. As the doctor looked down apologetically, Hana broke out into tears.

 

The day you met me, I was heartbroken.... And the day you left, even more.