Projects

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Class I’m going to give you an assignment that consists of a research project and presentation.” The teacher starts, my head snaps up from the desk to hear the collective groaning of 24 students. I look over a couple seats to stare at Chanyeol who had his head looking to the front, not paying any attention to me. Figures.

“For this project you all will research something along the lines of this topic. Secrets.” The teacher continued and my eyes trailed over to where she was sitting at the front desk. Ms. Hyun had short clipped brown hair and brown eyes, she was a tall middle aged woman who wasn’t afraid to put her students in lace quickly, despite her waning powers.

One of the girls from the front raises her hand and Ms. Hyun calls on her.

“What do you mean by secrets?” The girl questions and Ms. Hyun laughs before getting up from her desk, starting to walk around the seats to the chalkboard settled on the long right side of the rectangular room.

“Good question, what do I mean by secrets? I mean peace. Are you at peace with yourself? Do you feel okay? Do you have secrets? OR are you open? What triggers secrets? What triggers feelings behind secrets? I want you to research balance.” She explains and my mouth drops open slightly. This project is describing my life perfectly at the moment, I’m not sure I feel about it.

As I’m contemplating my project I feel a pair of eyes and immediately know who it is.  I look over again and see Chanyeol mouthing a couple of words and I tilt my head, trying to figure out what he said but all I can get out of it is “I’m Sorry” which is something I really don’t…. Okay, I do.

I glare at him and he just scoffs a little before turning to the back and I can feel yet another pair of eyes and look over to Luhan who gives me the eye and turns to start glaring at Chanyeol which is really weird. Normally the only person Luhan is glaring at is me or fan girls. His attention gets turned back to the teacher when she starts talking about details and what type of projects we can try to create as we go through this research and etc. Honestly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter