Trail

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ran out of the room, ignoring the questioning and harsh glares coming my way. 

But the looks that hurt the most were the defeated, embarrassed, and silent gazes over my way.

I felt really bad, but I don’t want to put Lay in any difficult situation that either jolted him or embarrassed him. At least now they can blame it on me.

Moving silently and sneakily covering my arm at the same time I made it to my History teacher’s small office, cluttered with books of ancient Greek, Roman, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean mythology, as well as war books on the supernatural and normal. There are papers lingering almost everywhere, and a couple lost glasses that turn up when a pile is removed. Comical really.

“Selin what are you, oh flippin Christ.” Professor Kyuhyun said and I stared at him.

“Trying to come up with new cuss words?” I ask and he nods sighing before pulling me with my good arm.

“Ignore the pile of papers everywhere, like you always do.” Professor shrugs then extends his arms to push the piles of papers onto his desk to the floor.

“I love the history, but flippin hate this job.” He hisses and I laugh. Professor Kyuhyun isn’t really a professor, but with his amount of knowledge and a lot of fake credentials he got the job.

I hop onto his desk and he raises my arm, twisting it back and forth frowning. His eyes trail up to mine searching for any dilation I assume. It give me a shiver to see the normally evil professor so serious.

“Do you feel light headed? Any dizziness? Nausea? Maybe like you’re about to burst?” He asks me and I shake my head, nodding he looks back at my arm once again.

“Hold on, this might sting a bit.” He explains, hovering his hand over my oozing arm, careful not to touch to drops already dropping onto my lap.  A soft green emitted from his hand and slowly crawled the air to my arm, I hissed a bit, trying not to wince away from the pain. I am not a pain tolerant girl. Really.

I almost throw up and look the other way when I see the goop oozing out even more as the skin started stitching itself up. Ew.

As the skin slowly heals itself Kyuhyun grabs a cloth out of his desk drawers and wipes up the black and red gooey mess, before taking a new cloth and placing it under my arm to catch any last drops of goo.

“This will take 30 minutes. Do they know?” Kyuhyun asks, putting the cloth in a plastic baggie and before I could open my mouth someone answers for me.

“We don’t. But I’m soon about to find out. Tell me… You’re the bad guys aren’t you? Hiding her powers?” Chanyeol asks, looking at us. My eyes widened and Kyuhyun sighs. My arm is still dripping. Oh no.

“I did expect this to happen. Chanyeol. The least rational of the group no less.” Kyuhyun says and Chanyeol growls, his fire already starting to form.

“You know I followed here to apologize, but really I shouldn’t right?  I mean, you’ve been lying to me, us, the people that hated you AND the people that trusted. What a . But that’s nothing new. I’m going to tell everyone that you’re more of a freak than we are. And you don’t even have powers. Imagine everyone laughing at you. ” He spits out at me and I can feel my heart getting heavier.

Kyuhyun growls back and takes Chanyeol by the collar of his school uniform.

“Listen here you retarded little flame freak. I’m giving you one warning to shut your mouth or I’ll cut off your-” Kyuhyun starts but I interrupt him.

“Stop it Oppa. He doesn’t know it’s only rational right?” I rationalize and Kyuhyun drops Chanyeol, who lands on his and fixes his collar choking a bit.

“Look Chanyeol, I’m not some bad guy, and neither is Kyuhyun. This government and school forced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter