I could fall asleep like this.

Summer Story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyojin got a bit anxious once again when she saw Vernon. As soon as she saw his face she remembered that he actually seemed to be pretty close friends with Joshua.. After she did a little bit of thinking it didn't really make things easier as he could mention her name to Josh and he could find out everything somehow. She looked at the other boy who was walking next to Hansol. She felt a little bit.. scared even, when she noticed how focused his stare was, especially because it was focusing on her. She looked away, back at Jeonghan and continued their conversation as if nothing happened.

"Hey, Hyojin?" Said Vernon, making her look in his direction.

"Yeah?"

"This is my friend, Seungcheol."

"Uh, hi Seungcheol." She said and waved awkwardly to the boy who she just met.

"Hyojin, right?" He grabbed her hand and shook it slightly, while looking straight into Hyojin's eyes.

"Yeah.."

She had mixed feelings. Something felt off and she didn't know what was it. The way he was looking at her didn't feel right, as if he was trying to get something out of her. His stare felt so intense. She was going to think more and more about this awkward situation but she got pulled out of her thoughts when she noticed that everyone was totally focused on a conversation about some american music artist that she had never heard about. 

"What are you thinking about?" Asked 'Seungcheol'.

"Nothing important." She gave him a slight smile, but anyone could tell that she felt uncomfortable.

"Ah, alright." He returned her smile, but it felt a lot more sincere then hers which made her feel bad. Maybe she shouldn't make any assumptions about him straight after meeting him just because he looked at her in a way she wasn't used to.. it was a stupid judgement as he seemed to be pretty nice actually.

"Hey, can I call you JinJin?"

She was totally surprised. No one has ever asked her if they could call her that, well except for Jisoo, which made her feel like it was a nickname reserved just for him. But.. his voice suddenly felt really familiar. It sounded just like..

"I'd rather something different to be honest.. there's someone, uh, s-someone special for me who calls me that. I hope you don't mind." She flashed an awkward smile and looked at the ground, trying to find an explanation of some sort.

And at that moment - Joshua knew himself. This was his Hyojin. This was the JinJin he talked to for the past 9 months. He felt angry that she didn't tell him that she would be coming to States.. but she had to have a reason. He felt unsure about telling her the truth. Should he let her know that it's actually him? How would he explain everyone agreeing to the fact that he introduced himself as Seungcheol? It was a tough situation for both of them. One in which it was difficult to decide on a specific behaviour and to choose certain words to say.. so both of them ended up sitting in silence, both deep in their own thoughts.

"Well, I guess I'll have to think of something different then. However, you can always call me Jisoo."

She didn't know what to say. It was impossible, right? She probably misheard him. It wasn't possible, not at all.

"W-Why Jisoo? It doesn't sound like your name a-at all.. Seungcheol.. Jisoo.. These two are totally different.." She muttered quietly without looking at the boy, who was quietly studying her responses.

"Maybe it's not my name?"

She did have to look at him then. Everything he was saying for the past couple minutes have been shocking and the surprises just didn't end. She had that feeling deep inside when she saw him. She saw him and somewhere in her mind she did put the puzzle pieces together. The characteristics she was told about before did fit the boy who was sitting next to her, but she was trying to deny it. She was trying not to let herself believe that she was hearing his voice.

"It can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter