What cafe?

Summer Story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who would've expect it? Song Hyojin is going to act once again. In freaking LA. The one thing that bothered her was the date - it was over a week later compared to when she wanted to go there but with pay a lot higher than her recent job.. she had to agree. Especially, that she already would have a place to stay in States which would save her a lot of time of searching for something decent.

It wasn't long since they started practicing with her. She got a part of girl working in a shop - which was pretty ironic - who met her old boyfriend after ten years. Her part was indeed important in the play, but it wasn't one of the major roles. It just gave the story certain informations which helped to fill in the gaps in plot. Being able to participate in a show like this did make her happy. She already forgot how much happiness acting could bring to her life, so she was glad that Baekhyun came back to Seoul just to find her. However, Hyojin was a bit upset as that was the only reason he came. They used to be really best friends, so it was sad to see how distant they grew over these years.

The good thing was that the rehearsals took place in Seoul too, so she didn't have to leave the city for these next three weeks.

"Hoseok!" She shouted as soon as she saw her best friend walking through the door, and sprinted towards him forcing a bear hug on him straight away.

"Yah! I told you to call me oppa! Why do you always drop the honorifics and such?! I know we're close, but come on~ What will people think?"

"Stop pouting, you're doing it way too often so it doesn't work on me anymore. And you know I don't care about what other people think, so why bring that up?"

"Anyway... How was the rehearsal?"

"Good actually! Baekhyun fell off the stage today.. Clumsy as always." Hyojin stated the fact while disapprovingly shaking her head.

"I heard my name! You're not talking about what happened today - are you?!" Baekhyun jumped out of nowhere and glared at Hyojin.

"Yes, yes she was." Hoseok laughed at the clumsy boy and ruffled his hair. "You haven't changed much since the last time I saw you. I still remember how you two used to play outside, and how you'd always get messy because of your clumsiness."

"And you are..?" Baekhyun asked pretty confused. He heard about Hoseok from Hyojin a couple of days ago, but he had no clue what he looked like or that he actually knew him.

"Hoseok, Jung Hoseok." The boy stated while shooting finger guns at the younger one. He obviously didn't forget to blink at him either.

"Ahh, Hyojin's hyung who started hanging out with her after I left?"

"Yeah, that one." Hyojin cut in, but before they could continue talking, their attention was caught by the sound of her ringtone.

"It's him, isn't it?" asked Hoseok.

She didn't say anything and just sighed while looking at the caller ID.

"Go on, pick up." He encouraged her.

She slowly picked up the phone to her ear and looked anxiously at the two boys. They were pretty much staring at her making her feel even more insecure than she was already feeling, so she turned around and walked away by a couple of steps.

"Hyojin?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"What's up? We haven't talked for the past two days. You haven't messaged me back. I was getting worried. Did something happen?"

"Was it two days already? Oh god, no, nothing happened. Just.."

"Did I do anything wrong?"

"What? No, no! I just needed some time to myself, you know."

"Alright, if you say so. I had to make sure you're fine, I had trouble falling asleep. It's funny how much you can worry about someone when you get close to them, haha."

"Yeah.."

"JinJin?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad you're alright."

"I'm glad you were worried."

"What? Were you making me worry on purpose? That's mean!"

"That's not what I meant! You know it's not! Yah! Jisoo!"

"I'm just joking, haha."

"It wasn't funny.. Anyway.. I have a surpise for you."

"Oh? What kind of surpise?"

"You'll know when the right time will come!"

"Hyojin-ah~ Don't tease your oppa~"

"You have never called yourself my oppa, that's new.. Anyway, I won't tell you. You'll see."

"Fine! Are you home?"

"No, why?"

"I want to talk to you more, but I guess you must be busy. Message me later, JinJin."

"Will do."

She had mixed feelings. It was the first time she mentioned this whole situation, and it wasn't too clear what she meant either. She was wondering if he will notice her word choice, but who normal would pay attention to stuff like this in a casual phone conversation? Before she could get into some deep thoughts about this whole thing, she was hugged from behind which startled her a bit.

"I will miss my best friend when she goes to find her online lover!" Hoseok said while tightening his hug.

"You can always call me. However I know that the international calls are expensive.. You know, I have an experience in that area." She let out a bitter laugh while patting his arms which were wrapped around her waist. "And he's not my lover."

"Yeah, whatever."

"So.. who was that?" asked Baekhyun.

"I'll tell you one day." She simply said. She didn't really want to talk about it then, it was a bit of a sensitive topic as she was worried about how things will turn out when she gets there.

☆☆☆

Time flies way too fast. It seemed like three weeks went by in a couple of seconds, which meant that it was time to start packing. Rehearsals for the last week were really tough and tiring. Everyone did put a lot of effort into it, trying to perfect every single scene before performing it on a bigger stage in another country. It was something big for the group which was putting the show on and for Hyojin herself. Something that they worked extremely hard for, something tha they wanted to remember for a long time as one of the most beautiful moments in their lifes.

To be honest, Hyojin was planning to stay there for a longer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter