I'm in.

Summer Story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun? What are you doing here?" She said as soon as the boy walked up to the counter.

"What? We know each other?" The said boy was looking at her with a very confused expression, trying to figure out if he knew her.

"Uh, duh? It's totally not like we've been friends for five years. Thanks." The moment Hyojin has finished talking, he looked at her with eyes and mouth wide open.

"NO WAY!" He screamed and threw himself over the counter, hugging Hyojin as tight as he possibly could've.

"You're stranggling me, Byun Baekhyun."

"Sorry.." He replied with a pouting face, which was soon back to his usual wide smile. "I cannot believe it! The first day I'm back and I already managed to find you!"

"How come you're back? I thought you said you won't ever do that, no matter what."

"See..-" Just as he was about to continue, he was cut off by someone coughing. Hyojin's attention swiftly drifted to a pretty short boy standing next to her old friend. Well, actually he wasn't that small, he was pretty much her height, maybe a tiny bit smaller, but she were pretty tall for a girl, so..

"I'm Do Kyungsoo, nice to meet you. Baekhyun told me about you before - you're Hyojin right? He said you could help us."

She kind of just stared at him, not saying a single word. There was something in his eyes, or more like, in his stare that creeped her out a tiny bit, making her freeze for a couple of seconds.

"Nice to meet you too, and yes, I'm Hyojin. Song Hyojin."

"I'm telling you Kyungsoo, she will help us! You haven't seen her act yet. She used to be in all of the school plays as the main character, there wasn't anyone better than her."

"Baekhyun, why are you bringing that up? We have agreed no to talk about it ever again after leaving school. You know that the last play we did.. was pretty awkward for both of us, right?"

"Uh, well, yeah, I guess so? But!"

"No buts. We don't talk about acting."

"We'll come back to this conversation, I can promise you that. I still don't understand how come you stopped acting. Before I left, you told me that you will tell me the next time we see each other. You need to do some explaining, my friend!"

"Not today, please? I'm trying to work here if you can't see."

"Oh, yeah, that reminds me of reason why we came here in the first place! Where do you have ice cream?"

Hyojin sighed and pointed at a freezer next to the counter.

Baekhyun didn't change much, even though it has been 6 years already. He seemed a bit more reserved and calm, true, but except from that there wasn't any major changes. His face was pretty much the same as how she remembered. He moved out of Seoul when they were younger, leaving her behind even if they were each other best friends for five years. The sad thing was that he actually had choice, but she wasn't mad about his decision. When his parents got separated, he chose to go with his mum and move to Busan as his dad wasn't the nicest person in the world. She got that. He did things that no one would like to go through as a child, so it was understandable that Baekhyun wanted to leave him behind and start once again.

At first she was heart broken. She wasn't really popular, she didn't have many friends back then so she was really afraid of becoming very lonely.. but then Hoseok appeared. He used to go to the same school as them, he knew Hyojin from the school plays and just from seeing her in the school corridors, but they never talked. He even lived in her neighbourhood, literally couple of houses away. After all, she was still three years younger than him so it was a bit difficult for them to get close, however, when Baekhyun moved away and he stopped seeing her with him on the swings on the opposite side of the road they lived on, he felt responsibily to ask that dongsaeng of his, if she was doing alright. Well - she wasn't, when he talked to her about him, she just broke down into tears and poured out her thoughts as he tried to comfort her.

That's how her friendship with Baekhyun ended, and a friendship with Hoseok started. She didn't expect to see that boy who always used to goof around. Actually, both Baekhyun and Hoseok were really similar. They had the same kind of personality - always bright, caring, cheerful and positive.

Joshua was a bit different. He didn't always show that kind of enthusiasm. He was way more reserved than these two guys, and definitely way more pessimistic. It might have been one of the things she felt attracted to; he was different from what she was the most used to and people say that opposites attract each other, right?

"We'll take these two!" She heard that loud voice and met the big brown eyes staring at her once again. She smiled slightly, while thinking about how things have changed since he left for Busan.

"How would you like to pay?"

"Cash, of course." Baekhyun said while giving Hyojin the money.

"How long are you staying here for?" Hyojin said while looking at both of the boys, seeking an answer.

"We're not sure yet. We'll have to see how the situation will unfold and then decide." It was the first time Kyungsoo spoke, not counting the moment in which he introduced himself. He had a voice way deeper than Baekhyun, and a straight expression which didn't leave his face for even a second.

"Ah.."

"We have to go now, but, if you're working tomorrow then we'll drop by again and figure out when we can c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter