How are my love birds doing, huh?

Summer Story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HJ: How about we meet up earlier today?

SH: Sorry, I already have plans! >< I'm hanging out with Vernon today~

HJ: What? You're hanging out without me?! Ouch!

SH: Jisoo-ya~ We're hanging out later anyway!

HJ: I guess so.. Have fun, JinJin! And don't do anything stupid.

☆☆☆

"Finally someone who I can go to an amusement park with!" Vernon exclaimed happily as he approached the waiting line in front one of the rollercoasters. "Many of my hyung's are terrified of rides like this, so I usually go on my own on the best ones." He said while pouting.

"Don't.. none of my friends in Seoul like rollercoasters. Hoseok is pretty much TERRIFIED of them, it's no use going to an amusement park with him."

"You know what this means?" Hansol said with a straight face, while grabbing tightly onto one of Hyojin's shoulders. In reply she tilted her head and rised one of her eyebrows. "We have to enjoy ourselves as much we as we can, because who damn knows when next opportunity will come."

Hyojin nodded her head repeatidely. "Let's do it."

"Honestly, I imagined the American amusement parks to be soooo different compared to the Korean ones, but it's pretty much the same." Hyojin laughed.

Vernon just shrugged. His action was followed by a long silence, but neither of them seemed to be bothered by it. They felt surprisingly comfortable around eachother, kind of like siblings. It must be the fact that Hyojin and Joshua have similiar personalities, so Vernon probably was able to get used to her presence really quickly and vice versa. Vernon was a year older than Hyojin, but he didin't demand honorifics or overall polite speech, so talking to eachother was just as comfortable as between her and Hoseok. Hyojin could understand why Jisoo was close with that boy and was happy that she got a chance to hang out with him as well.

"Hyojin! Come on~" Hansol said in English to gain back the girl's attention. After succeding, they rushed to board the rollercoaster. Hyojin loved these rushes of adrenaline she got whenever she rode stuff like this. She was pretty scared of hights, but things like this did not scare her that much, it was a lot more exciting than terrifying for her.

However, she still felt a little bit unsure at first, so she grabbed on Vernons hand while looking at his face for some encouragement. Of course, she did find it. That boy had one of the most reassuring looks she has ever seen, which made her grin widely. Soon after that, the ride began and both of them screamed from the top of their lungs as adrenaline entered their bloodstreams.

After quite few rides and a lot of getting dizzy, they decided to take a break and grab something to it. Most of the day has already passed due to the long waits before being able to get on an actual ride and Hyojin hasn't eaten anything since yesterday, so she felt like eating an entire horse.

When they finally found a decent place to eat at, the two of them sat down and talked a little bit about how much fun they had so far and which one of the rollercoasters they enjoyed the most. Not long after their food arrived, Vernon looked at her and began a new topic.

"So~ How are my love birds doing, huh?" He said fully in English.

Hyojin couldn't take longer to decode his question, at which he couldn't help but laugh. She was just so cute! He could understand what Joshua saw in her.

"Yaaaaaah! What love birds? Yah!" Jin replied while shaking her shoulders in a whining manner.

"Aish, you don't have to lie to me! I know how things are! Josh always talks to me about you. I know he hasn't said anything to his family about you or many other friends of his, but he sure did tell me a lot! He just doesn't shut up about you. I probably know your life story better than most of your friends thanks to him."

She was confused. Really confused. Slowly, she began putting pieces together.

"Wait.. let me ask you a question, okay?" Boy nodded in reply. "Once, Jisoo called me and I'm pretty sure I heard your voice, saying something about 'his girlfriend'." She ended with a small sigh.

However Vernon did not seem like he was getting into this deep conversation mood, as he bursted out laughing out once again. "Don't tell me you were jealous?!"

"WHAT, NO! I wasn't- I mean- I-I.. Maybe? WELL DOESN'T MATTER! Who were you talking about?" Hyojin said quite frustrated already.

"You, you ." He said while shaking his head, not believing that she was jealous for weeks because of something like this. "Who else would I be talking about?"

Hyojin did not respond. She looked down at her food and ate another one of her french fries. Joshua could have had someone on the side and just not tell her about it.. And it's not like they were dating! He could do whatever he wanted and did not need to tell her about it, but she was worried. With her feelings for him, she was thinking of the worst scenarios most of the time.

"I don't know if you two are blind to the fact that your feelings are mutual or is it just that one of you is playing hard to get." Vernon stated honestly.

"Mutal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter