BYUN BAEKHYUN, YOU'RE GOING TO STRANGLE ME!

Summer Story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" She heard voice behind her.

She turned around to see Jisoo. She was just about to get happy, even a smile started to creep on her face.. but it quickly disappeared and she looked down.

"I.. I was looking for you."

"Look at you, you didn't even take your jacket with you. I know it's summer, but it get's quite cold around this time of the day." He said while shaking his head a little.

"Who cares about a jacket, I had-" Before she could finish her sentence, Joshua cut her off.

"I do." He sighed, while putting all of his things aside so he could take his coat off and put it around Hyojin's shoulders. "Don't be so reckless. And why did you leave all on your own? You don't know the city! You could have gotten lost! Something could have happened to you and no one would know!" He raised his voice.

Hyojin flinched a little. She was surprised, because he was mad at her but for a different reason to what she was expecting. After Josh realised he was making her uncomfortable, he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, you know I can get over protective sometimes. Well, anyway.. I'm not even going to ask how you got here, but good timing. I just bought these." He showed her a boquet of white roses. "After the show has finished, I realised that I didn't have anything to celebrate your amazing performance, so I thought I should go get at least some flowers."

She was quite confused, but his reaction was just explained. He obviously wasn't bothered about Hoseok kissing her, he just wanted to be a good friend.

"I thought you misinterpreted Hoseok's actions and for some reason run away.. What was I thinking?" Hyojin let out a small, awkward giggle.

He caught on really quickly, that she must have thought that seeing her being kissed hurt him. Well.. she wasn't wrong. But what was that to him? He was her best friend. At least one of her best friends, as apparently now she has at least three. He was indeed upset, a lot even, but he couldn't let her know that. Especially, because it was a big day for her.

"I don't know about your feelings for him, or his feelings for you for that matter, and I have no say in that. It's none of my business." He stated with a pretty much emotionless expression.

That was when Hyojin felt as if someone punched her right in the stomach.

"Oh."

"Why am I still holding these though?" He said, while handing Hyojin the flowers with a wide smile on his face.

Hyojin felt as if she was about to breakdown, cry. She knew she shouldn't get her hopes high, but Jisoo's actions for the past few days were.. were making her feel like he had some feelings for her as well. They seemed so sincere, thoughtful.. and like they weren't from a best friend, but from someone else, someone closer than a best friend. She decided not to let it show too much, how hurt she felt inside. She blinked few times to get rid off these nasty tears which were already trying to make their way out of her eyes, forced a smile and took the flowers from Joshua. "Thanks. They're so pretty!"

"I made sure they were white. You said you like white roses the most."

"Wow, you remembered.."

"You know I pay a lot of attention to what you say."

Hyojin just nodded slightly. "You know, today has been really stressful.. Should we head back?"

"Of course." Jisoo replied as he linked his arm with hers and slowly began walking back. "How did you know about this place?" He looked at Hyojin. "And how come you didn't get lost getting here?"

"You know I'm as good as a GPS, so getting here wasn't a problem at all!" She exclaimed proudly. She had an amazing sense of orientation which saved her many times already. "And.. well, I called Hansol, Vernon, whatever, your friend. I asked him where you like to go around in this area as I thought you might be somewhere close by. I got really surprised myself after Hoseok.. you know.. and when I saw you weren't there I left straight away." She stated while looking up at the dark sky. For couple of moments she wasn't continuing, which made Jisoo think that she wasn't going to add anything more to her explanation. He wasn't really satisfied with this answer, but he had no choice but to accept it. He didn't want to ask her for more if she didn't want to talk.. but then he heard her speak once again. "Like I said earlier, I thought you might have misinterpreted the whole situation and maybe got.." Hyojin lightly bit her tongue. "So when I finally managed to get hang of your friend and he told me about this skatepark I went there straight away. But if you went to get flowers, why were you there?"

"Um.. It was a shortcut to the place which has the best flowers in this area.. Yeah." He answered shortly.

"Ah.. that's why.." Hyojin nodded while processing the short statement.

Joshua felt bad about lying to her.. He felt so bad for telling her so many lies in such a short period of time. He did go there for a reason. He got the flowers there because it was convinient. He had a lot of things to say, but no courage to do so yet. He just couldn't. It wasn't the right time to do it, but he will have to gather up all of the courage he has and tell her sooner or later. Obviously, he prefered the latter.

☆☆☆

"Wow. What was all that about?" Said Baekhyun, while he was suspiciously eyeing Hoseok.

"I'm sure you can understand this much kiddo. You might be younger than me by f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter