So? Did you find a job?

Summer Story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HJ: So? Did you find a job?

SH: What? You're still not asleep? You said that you're going to sleep four hours ago.. It's already 3am in LA!

HJ: And?

SH: You should be asleep.

HJ: I was asking about your job. Did you get one?

SH: Well..

HJ: ?

SH: I DID! You don't even understand how happy I am, omg. The pay is great and all I need to do is sit by the shop counter for 7 hours a day.

HJ: See, I told you that you'll find one

SH: Now you should really go to sleep!

HJ: But I want to talk to my bestie~

SH: Ew, gross! Goodnight, Jisoo.

HJ: :(

HJ: Sleep well JinJin!

☆☆☆

Hyojin smiled to herself while reading the last message. This was a long day. Finding a decent job during summer was pretty difficult, as everyone was looking for one so the competition was huge. The good thing was that Hyojin didn't live right in the centre of Seoul, but in a small villege really close to it. At first she was looking for something fun and entertaining, so she was looking through offers in Hongdae and such, but found nothing which was still available. She got used to hearing things like: 'Sorry, we already have someone', 'Place is already taken', 'You don't have the right qualifications', etc. But when she started to look for something closer to her home, she finally managed to find still avaliable offer.

This sounded like a decent job. Sitting behind a shop counted didn't require a lot of effort and she would get payed quite a lot, due to the fact that not many people wanted to spend summer in a pretty small local shop. Due to the high pay - she couldn't moan about anything. The shop looked quite nice and modern, so working therw shouldn't be unpleasant. She was also a nice and friendly person, someone for who interactions with other people would always bring joy, so she didn't see a problem with talking to people pretty often.

As soon as she said that she will take the job, she was given the uniform and asked to come the next day, so her mood was pretty good, as she just found a way to get the money she needed. She thought about getting a job for quite some time now.. about three months? You know, meeting people online can make you do things which you wouldn't really expect. Hyojin never needed much spending money, all of her needs were still covered by her parens so it wasn't necessary to get a job. But things changed after she met Joshua.

See, after getting close to someone over the internet you get that kind of need; the need to see the person in real life, standing right in front of you, just to make sure they're.. real. And that was exactly what Hyojin felt.

Of course, she believed him, but something always was a bit fishy. He never wanted to exchange photos. Well, no, he was really keen on exchanging photos, but not photos of himself. Hyojin has never seen his face. The only thing she had was her imagination, as she made him describe his facial features, so she could have at least some kind of image of the person she talks to so often.

At first it didn't bother her. She didn't need his photos or anything. She was fully engulfed by his charming and bright personality. But after some time, she began to wonder - who is this person? To be honest, she didn't have that much of knowledge about him at all. She didn't know about his family, because every time this topic came around he was saying that he really doesn't talk about it, she didn't know much about his education, because he wasn't happy to talk about school when he finally was out of it.. The only things she knew about him, were things like where is he from (he told her the first day they talked that he was from LA), his favourite colours (blue, black and pink - she doesn't even know how she got to know that), or his favourite sport (football) and some other random pieces of information which came out in their daily conversations.

When she began to feel attached to him, attached more than she should, she started to feel the need to find out who is he. Well, technically she knew his full name - Hong Joshua, but looking for him on social media was pointless. There simply were too many possibilities, too many people who did fit the little information she had. Which was kind of surprising really.

It took her some time, to decide that she wanted to fly to USA to find him. She couldn't let him know that she was planning to go there just to see him.. so she decided to keep it a secret for sometime. He just knew that she was looking for a job.. he didn't need a reason for it. She decided, that when she gets the correct amount of money from her work (which now she calculated and concluded that it will actually take her only three weeks as she already had quite a bit of money saved up), she will tell him that the best holiday offer she found was for holidays in LA and that she's coming over there for two weeks. She was already dead worried for his reaction, but that didn't matter that much at the time.

☆☆☆

Hyojin looked once again at the screen of her phone. "JinJin.." she said quitetly to herself while re-reading the last message she got from Joshua. He has been calling her that for some time now, probably couple of weeks. It was well cute, and she had to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter