The Wedding's Eve

Till Death Do Us Part

 

 

Chapter 3

 

{ c h o i  s e u n g h y u n }

“YAHH!!” Youngmi screamed as I wrestled her into the white stall to change. I grimaced. How could one girl be such a pain, but so pretty at the same time?

"Have fun," I teased, giving her a last smile before I swung the door shut, trapping Youngmi and the wedding clerk inside. It wasn't like I liked being this forceful, but Youngmi was a little hard to convince since the beginning. Plopping on the sofa, I stretched and sighed. I was exhausted after not getting any sleep last night; how could I when there was an angel in my bed? I could she why joon liked her, but I didn’t want to think about him. I have to be more focused about how I react around her cause the last couple days haven’t been going as planned to make Young mi fall in love with me and for her have the life she always dreamed of.

-

“Babo, wake up!" someone yelled at me. I fell asleep? I grumbled, rubbing sleep from my eyes. There, stood Youngmi in the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. She fit perfectly in it, her hair falling off her shoulders in natural waves.

I glanced over at the wedding clerk, whose hair was a mess and makeup smeared. I smiled a little. One thing I know, when Youngmi is mad she could put up one hell of a fight.

“Do you like the dress sir?” the clerk asked puffing out a sigh, pushing her fallen bangs to the side.

Youngmi's brow furrowed. "Hell no! I'm never wearing this dress, for him or for anyone other than Joon." She indignantly stuck her chin up at me and folded her arms.
 
I ignored her. "I’ll buy it.” I agreed, trying not to sound too excited.

Grabbing Youngmi’s arm, I dragged her over to the small collection of rings.

"You can choose," I said, letting her go. She studied each carefully, not saying a word to me and pointed to a pair.

Perfect.

-

{ p a r k  y o u n g m i }

Seriously? The haze through my mind seemed to clear, and the cold feeling of dread engulfed my body as I took off the dress back in the bedroom.

Someone knocked, causing me to grab a bedsheet to cover myself. "Oh my God, I'm !"

"I won't look," the cold voice echoed through the room, and Choi Seunghyun set down a dress on the corner of the bed.

It was beautiful. “...What's this for?”

“We have to eat dinner with my parents tonight about the wedding while they’re still in town.”

“Oh." I looked up at him, even though I knew I was blushing. "You know I'm not getting married, right?”

“Too bad, you are,” Seunghyun responded. "Don't you get it? You're never going back."

“What?”

This man had to be teasing me. Why did this have to happen to me?

-

{ t h e  d i n n e r }

"How'd you meet?" his mother asked, smiling kindly. It was like his parents had no clue whatsoever of what their son did, and wouldn't care otherwise. I opened my mouth, feeling anger rise up.

Seunghyun gave me a glare, then smoothly answered, "A friend introduced us."

By the look I was getting from him, I shut my mouth and gave up. I just sat there eating politely as possible and lifted my head every once in a while to smile.

Mr. Choi was a bigger man, with his cheeks rosy from the alcohol he'd been drinking. He smiled. “Okay.. so tomorrow's the big day?”

“Yes, sir.”

I elbowed him, then recieved a kick back from him. “Whats tomorrow?”

“Why, our wedding, Youngmi!” He laughed, saying, "She's been a little hectic from the preparations, sorry."

“Our wedding's tomorrow?!” I nearly shouted, then felt his hand rest over mine.

“Yeah, my parents live in America so they only visit once every couple years, so they want us to marry while they're still in town,” Seunghyun confided, the fake understanding in his eyes making me wither. "Remember?" he squeezed my hand, a little harder than the regular friendly squeeze.

“Oh, right,” I deflated, giving up.

“Oh I wish your sister was here to see you get married.” Mrs. Choi said her eyes slightly wet from the saddening thought. I looked at Seunghyun to explain but instead of explaining he face turn pale and hard like he just saw a ghost. Let me guess it’s something he will explain later.   

-

It finally hit me; there’s no more Joon, no more of my picture of perfect life with the man I love. I’m here, trapped forever with this man and there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I have to make the best of what happened and the man I’m with.

-

{ b a n g  m i r }

“Dr. Jang, how's he doing?” I asked, staring at the blood-drained face of our leader. Part of his throat twitched, making me feel relieved.

“This is serious, not just any of the crap you guys have been through," the doctor lectured us sternly. "There's a great chance he'll live, as long as me keep giving him blood transfusions. If you guys came even a minute later, he would've died."

G.O pulled me away from the doctor in order to talk to me secretly. “How did you guys get him?” he asked, eyes wild with the shock of dealing with Joon.

"TOP had services pick Joon up to bury him, but we took care of them," I saw the corner of G.O.'s mouth turn up. We'd mastered defeating TOP's "elite" team. "We brought Joon to the ER, and had Dr. Jang called for us."

G.O. patted me on the back, and by the look of his expression, I could tell he was as happy as I was to save our leader.

“Now all we have to do is wait for Joon to wake up and bring Youngmi back from TOP."