31 ; Illusion

Living Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Class never seemed to end, the girl's eyes were stuck to the clock, eyeing it suspiciously because she was convinced it was broken. Squinting, she had a staring contest with the arms of the clock right above the whiteboard, nearly cursing at it when it proved to have moved. Time was not on her side today, it was going as slow as can be and made her want to stop doing her work, it's not like her research project proved to be that interesting anyway. Sighing loudly, the girl looked down at her four pages of notes and decided she might as well take a break. She had wrote many theories about the book she was reading for the project, but she didn't quite know which one to write about, or if she was even doing the project right. Her eyes caught onto the movement to the right of her, and she noticed her teacher was walking around to answer questions from her classmates. Turning her head, she looked at the boy beside her, at his neat writing and tiny doodles around the margin of the paper. He was already done his project, she had no idea what he was doing, and after staring for a while she decided to not get caught monitoring his drawing of cats and instead stuck her hand in the air. Soyung leaned against her free hand, eyes burning holes in the young woman who was her teacher, shuffling around from student to student in hopes of answering their questions. The girl pouted, only wanting to get out the classroom with the age old question of 'can I go to the bathroom?' but it seemed she would have to wait a few minutes as her teacher looked puzzled. Playing with her pencil, the girl barely noticed she was approaching her next, she only realized because the person who sat in front of her had to move their bag so Miss.Kim wouldn't topple over. 

"Yes Soyung?" She asked, her voice warm, and so the student decided to smile softly at her. 

"May I go to the bathroom?"

"Of course." 

Soyung walked out of the room slowly, before she was in the hallway and was running the opposite way from the bathroom. Where would she go? She didn't really figure that out, but she didn't want to be in a dead silent classroom with none of her friends. Pulling at the sleeves of her hoodie, the girl walked with a hop to her step, humming a small tune as she walked past the classrooms, many of them with doors closed and teachers talking diligently. Soyung made her way to the staircase, figuring the safest place to be was as far away from her classroom as she could be, so she made her way up quickly, turning her head to peek over her shoulder just in case. As she was adventuring through the halls of the second floor, she looked into the library, in hopes of finding her boyfriend somewhere around the school, just to cheer herself up. Peering in the large glass pane next to the door, she scrunched her nose at the freshmen and knew he wouldn't be in there. Going up the third floor, she glanced at the students sitting on the floor, playing games together and eating snacks. The third floor was almost notorious for where the 11 and 12th graders to spend their spare time. She walked around them, wondering if she should venture up to the last floor or if she should just blend in here. Soyung looked at the stairs, smiling to herself. She had always been an overachiever.

On the fourth floor, the girl was able to whistle her way down the hallway, as most of the classes on this floor were not in session. Many teachers didn't have classes at this time, and the teachers lounge was on the second floor, so she could be as loud as she wanted. Skipping around the corner, she came to a stop when she heard chattering in the empty hallway. Soyung's brows furrowed, because whoever was talking sounded very familiar and she would have been scared if she hadn't heard the dorky snorting laughter. Peeking backwards, she saw a very tall frame accompanied by a much tinier one, and she smiled widely. The shorter noticed her first, his eyes lighting up and he ran over to her as fast as humanly possible. She had no idea why he was so excited to see her, but she welcomed the bear hug Yijeong captured her in, and she smiled weakly at Dokyun.

"Hey Soyung! What are you doing on the 4th floor in the middle of period 4?" He narrowed his eyes in mock suspicion, as if he was going to get her in trouble. Soyung wiggled in his arms, pulling away from him and gently flicking his forehead. Dokyun patted the younger boys head, watching as he pouted and batted him away.

"I could literally ask you the same thing." She extended her hand out toward him, her shoulders shrugging the moment he grinned widely and giggled quietly.

"Oh we're skipping." Yijeong proudly announced, in which the girl rolled her eyes and watched Dokyun put his arm around his shoulder to get him to stop talking. Soyung smiled softly at the exchange, especially because Yijeong didn't even notice what was going on, and just continued to look incredibly happy with himself. 

"You bad kids." Soyung remembered everything she was told about them before they met, and she couldn't believe the worst thing Yijeong had done was skip class. She sort of expected them all to be in a super scary gang, but then she looked at Dokyun's kind eyes and Yijeong's gummy smile. They were just a bunch of dorks, and she wouldn't want them any other way. "Anyways, what are you guys doing now?" She wondered what they did with all the time they wasted, wondered if they left the school ground or if they just hung out in empty classrooms, it was fully possible they just hung out in the bathrooms like all the girls did. 

"We usually just pretend we have spares while hiding in a corner of the 3rd floor." Dokyun admitted, not minding that Yijeong had leant his head on his shoulder, instead focusing on how Soyung's smile got so much bigger at the soft gesture in front of her. "Sometimes we just leave and grab food, sometimes skip the rest of the day and play games at my house." he continued to expose their cute "bad boy" plans, and the younger girl happily took in the information.

"You guys are very exciting." She cooed, taking out her phone and raising it so she could take a photo of them. "This is going to be my favourite photo of you two ever." Soyung continued to tease the boys, loving how Yijeong groaned as the picture was taken but didn't bother moving. Perhaps he was too comfy, or just too lazy.

"Oh Soyung, I almost forgot we have something to tell you." Dokyun started, taking his arm off of the younger boy and leaning in to tell the girl. "I'm not sure if you'll like it though, it's sort of bad news." His voice was hushed into a whisper, and Soyung realized the sudden seriousness of the talk. , she didn't know how much bad news she could take. She was still messed up over her own bad news, she still didn't even know how to prepare herself for bad news. She was going to respond, when Yijeong grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her harshly to the side. Soyung's eyes widened when he headed straight for a classroom, turning the knob and pushing the door open. Then he pushed her into the room, causing her to bump into an empty desk and whine in pain, and she looked around the dark room. He better not leave her in this room, she didn't do well with dark areas and paranormal imaginations. When her eyes adapted to the dark, she noticed that both Yijeong and Dokyun were still in the room with her.

"What the hell is your problem Yijeong?" She whisper yelled, incredibly confused and angry at the boy. If he pushed her any harder, she would have crashed into the desk and probably have a bruised side. Fortunately she managed to soften the impact, but was still pissed at him about the sudden jerk of her body.

"I had no idea he was going to do this, I'm so sorry Soyung." Dokyun approached her, gently settling his palm on her slightly injured side and smiling at her. "Trust me this is important... but he should have told you instead of forcing you into a dark room like a creep." The last words were purposely louder as he turned his head to glare at the younger, who rolled his eyes and put his hands up in mock surrender. 

"Oh boo hoo, Yijeong is the bad guy now. When I tell you, you won't be mad at me anymore. I can't tell you this out in the open, anyone could hear us." Yijeong crossed the room slowly, going to the windows and pulling the blinds up easily, just to let light into the classroom. Soyung looked around, realizing it was an empty class that served as a storage room for the past three years already, and she sighed loudly. A, Yijeong was being incredibly vague with the introducing the information he had for her. B, Yijeong was being creepy but throwing her into an empty classroom with no working lights. And C, Soyung could never go back to class now, her teacher must thing she has some bowel problems.

"Tell me, I want to know." She was beyond aggitated, causing her to squeeze Dokyun's arm a little hard, in which he winced slightly and retracted his hand. Soyung reached out in apology, walking past him to sit on the counter next to the window, it must have been a science classroom in the past. Yijeong turned around to look at her, leaning over an adjacent counter and resting his elbows on it. 

"Okay, I'll just say it. Gina is trying to talk to us for some reason." Yijeong murmured out, the very mention of the name made Soyung draw her legs up and sit cross legged. Frowning, her eyes averted to the floor, where she found her vision losing focus. Dokyun sat next to her, looking at Yijeong to see who would be continuing the story. "I don't exactly know why, but she keeps asking us if you and Minniejae are okay... She also is trying to be super friendly to us, as if she isn't evil itself." Soyung snorted at the remark, before covering and clearing . This wasn't supposed to be funny, but she was the damn devil. Dokyun settled his hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn her head to look at him, raising a brow curiously.

"I think Gina is going to do something big soon... She might be doing this to confuse us. Hell, it might even be working. What if she just wanted to get us away from everyone else? What if she wanted us to talk about it? We could be wasting time right now..." Doky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter