Half

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bae Residence, One year after Irene’s college graduation

“We have to do something about your sister. That woman will not be good for her. You do know about our arrangement with the Kangs.” Mr. Bae tiredly stared at the photos of her youngest child.

“I tried talking to her, but she said she loves the woman”

“You know very well your sister is just rebelling. She is not in love with that woman. If she was, that woman would be living at our house. She would have fought for her. Besides, Seulgi is a sweet, beautiful girl. She’ll like her.”

“I know that. But Joohyun hates the fact you arranged this thing father. It would have been nice if they got together naturally. Not this way. We’re way passed the middle ages father.”

“Bogum, she was the one who wanted it. I know she was three, but that was what she wanted back then.”

“Well I guess she failed to realize that.” Bogum took a seat and sighed.

“She’s adopting a baby girl father.”

“…With that woman?”

“Yes…”

It was a perfect till last night. She thought she knew what she was doing when she chose Irene and fought herself to be faithful to her instead of Krystal. The complete change and the fear in her fiancé’s voice were so obvious, even Seulgi was starting to worry.

But she couldn’t do anything about it because Irene shut her out.

She had been calling and texting her but Bae Joohyun didn’t give a reply.

She tried her office but she never showed up.

It was not only frustrating. It was already taking its toll on Seulgi.

“You don’t drink…” Wendy stared at her friend worriedly.

The young Kang was literally forced by her best friend to attend Taeyeon’s party that night. It was made because of a promise but by Wendy. She had been burning her time on the bar drinking much to Wendy’s absolute surprise. The bear never drank before this. Heck she didn’t even try it out when she was living alone. Suffice to say, this version of the bear was not normal. The silence was one she observed too. But Wendy was not the type to force her best friend to talk. Seulgi would tell her all in due time.

 “Your cousin broke up with me.” Her best friend finally said.

“What?!” Wendy grew wide-eyed then pulled a stool.

“I’ve been trying to reach her but I guess she shut me off…”

She sat beside Seulgi who drank another glass.

The bear didn’t know if that was number 10 or 11 but, who’s counting anyway.

“Please don’t make it harder Seulgi.” She begged not wanting to make the love she feels for Seulgi get the best of her.

She has to do this now while it was still early. She wanted to spare her all the scandals her ex were about to expose.

Irene didn’t want to go through a broken heart if Seulgi decides she was not worthy anymore. She had fallen so in love she might not survive the pain.

The bear still didn’t let go. She sat up while holding on to Irene, her eyes filled with worry.

“Seulgi, please…I’m doing this for you.”

“I’m doing this for us.” Her fiancé almost screamed.

“Seulgi, I’m begging you.” Irene‘s heart was breaking and her fiancé was now starting to panic.

“No. Not until you tell me what’s wrong!”

Seulgi stood up in all her glory, pulling her close. They stood in the middle of the bedroom, warmth made available by their skin which was against each other.

The taller woman cupped Irene’s cheeks then kissed her deeply as she could. Tears flowed freely.

But in the end, Irene still left Seulgi.

“She hasn’t said anything Wendy. I need to know why. The least she could do is let me have that...”

Wendy herself was confused. When Seulgi confessed, Irene was not just happy. She was ecstatic. It was as though it was the only thing Irene wanted in the world. Hearing her best friend now, Wendy sensed something off. Her cousin was not the type to just fall out of love. If there was one person Irene was in love with, it was definitely Seulgi. Wendy felt Irene to be as committed to Seulgi as her best friend was. Hearing the news was making her blow out of her mind.

Instead of moping, Seulgi should try and talk to Irene about it. This was all too real.

“Talk to her.” Wendy advised placing a hand on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Maybe there’s something wrong… But don’t ask today... Give her some space and believe me from the looks of it, you need to rest. I can’t tell you what’s happening with her Seulgi, but I know she loves you very much to just do this without a purpose.”

“Maybe not as much as we thought she would be… Wendy I… I don’t know what to do anymore… I’ve never been this lost… Krystal still has issues and Irene is not talking to me…”

“Hey… You’ll figure it out… But rest first okay?” Wendy forced a smile.

Though she knew inside her heart it was all too confusing, she had to show her best friend everything was going to be fine.

“Seulgi?”

The two turn to Taeyeon who was absolutely flabbergasted at the sight.

“Why the hell are you drinking?”

“It’s a party. Leave me alone.” Seulgi mumbled pouting as she rested her chin on the bar.

“Don’t ask Unnie…” Wendy sighed and just patted her best friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter