Love

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Song is Rewind by Gavy Nj in English

Irene got out of Seulgi’s car still confused as ever. She was about to walk beside Wendy, when she felt Seulgi hold her hand. Slowly she felt finger entwined with hers.

Warmth spread throughout her body once more.

Why does she always have to feel that way?

This thing with Seulgi, whatever it is, was doomed right from the start.

But then again, with those eyes looking at her like that, Irene felt she was falling in love all over again.

“Shall we?” Her fiancé asked to which she replied with a nod.

They entered the venue and found all of Yeri and Joy’s favorite flowers around. Irene smiled thinking if she gets married it would be as beautiful.

Seulgi seemed to have read her mind and leaned to whisper in her ear.

“I’m sure we can make ours just as beautiful, if not more.”

Don’t fall for it Bae Joohyun.

She closed her eyes repeating the mantra.  But her heart was failing her. Because once Seulgi’s lips were on her forehead, she sighed immediately in content.

“Are you alright? You seem… stressed.” Seulgi asked eyeing the features of her face.

“I’m alright. I’m just a little out of it.”

“Do you want me to take you home?”

“No. I won’t miss this wedding.”

“Alright, but don’t leave my side. You look like you might faint any time.” Seulgi glided her hand on Irene’s arms then took hold of her hand once more.

She released a breath she didn’t realize she was holding.

Throughout the service, Seulgi remained by her side, hands entwined. Irene wished this was true. But all was just a lie. Then she thought maybe she shouldn’t be hard on herself because she will have Seulgi for five years. Maybe they could work it out. That was until she caught sight of someone.

Krystal Jung

It wasn’t a surprise for Irene to see her at the wedding. She is, after all, Yeri and Joy’s favorite idol since they were young.

She turned to Seulgi who has not seen the idol yet. Her gaze turned to their entwined hands.

Would Seulgi let go when she finally finds out Krystal was also in the room?

She didn’t have to wait because Krystal was going up the stage to probably sing.

Irene saw Seulgi’s mood change, but her hand was still being held.

 

The song hung in the air and it felt like a love song made just for Seulgi.

 

That sky, that wind, that air, that warmth, that scent, that feeling back then

My memories have stopped like film, you and I back then

 

The wind blows, you brush over to me

Clearly in my eyes, you come back to me as tears

Going back in time, going back in the memories

Just come back for one day, for one moment, rewind

 

Irene knew the song. It was one of Yeri’s favorites. If you knew the two, you’d know they had a lot of bumps along the way. They didn’t get together until after college. Joy was a joker but was shy when it came to her feelings. When they did finally get together they would argue a lot. They were complete opposites, but both loved the other that they got through it all.

Unlike her and Seulgi

They complimented each other and would probably not have anything to argue about. Well except maybe for the woman who was singing right now.

Seulgi’s eyes were glued to her. Those lips were now smiling a sad one at that.

Was she hurting?

The hands covering hers were still warm.

But did she want to be there with Krystal?

 

That heart, that laugh, that look, that touch

That lips, my first kiss with you

All of the moments around us remain forever

 

The wind blows, you brush over to me

Clearly in my eyes, you come back to me as tears

Going back in time, going back in the memories

Just come back for one day, for one moment, rewind

 

Irene looked down on her knees trying to hide the pain she was holding. She can’t this anymore. Krystal was looking at her fiancé as if she was pleading and her fiancé was hurting.

She will not oblige Seulgi anymore.

There will be no wedding. They will just have a business agreement.

She can’t handle it without hurting. She can’t keep Seulgi from Krystal no matter how much it pains her. She will not be the one to hurt the people around her. Even if letting go of Seulgi meant she was going to be miserable all her life.

Irene leaned and kissed Seulgi’s cheek before letting go of the hand that held her. Silently, she stood up to leave.

It pulled Seulgi out of the eye contact she has with Krystal.

Irene didn’t wait for Seulgi to follow.

In her heart, Irene knew she won’t.

 

Even if it all passes, that day will remain in tears

I’m standing in the middle of the world

 

I shout out to the wind, the name I can’t forget

If you can hear this song in the far future

Just come back for one day, for one moment, rewind

 

Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter