Beat

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene fiddled with her engagement ring as she sat waiting for her fitting. She couldn’t help but smile since she knew in a few days she would literally be Seulgi’s and Seulgi would be hers.

Excited is the least feeling she’d be able to describe the sensations that were ruling her chest.

When she first laid eyes on Seulgi it was a fleeting moment. With Joy and Yeri tugging her away, she could only look as those eyes stared back at her. Right then she knew she was in love with a woman with no name. There was something with the look that took years before she could stare at them again. When she did, Irene was sure, Seulgi was really the one.

But then the women came.

She wasn’t sure that their love story would continue with people in between. With Krystal still holding on to Seulgi and Seungyeon about to get into the mixed, it was a surprise Seulgi stuck by her. She never would have guessed the love they shared was one of those really rare.

As cliché as it may be, it was the kind that didn’t need time to bloom.

It was the kind that no one could ever explain.

It was the kind one would think a hundred times before letting go.

And it was all about Seulgi.

Irene smiled at the thought of her fiancé.

Seulgi was kind. She always thought of the people around her. Whatever was thrown at them Seulgi remained by her side.

Faithful, it was what made her hold on to Seulgi. It would be next to impossible to find someone like her with the current times. Irene was definitely lucky.

No way in hell was she going to waste it.

“Joohyun, it’s time.” Her mother called making her stand up.

@@@@@@@

Seulgi was listening to her assistant when Amber arrived. A few security personnel were at her heels and by the time she got to the door, they were starting to drag her out.

“It’s okay. Let her in. Miss Choi, thank you. I’ll have to speak to Miss Liu in private.”

The assistant and the security men went out and closed the door behind them.

Seulgi stood and almost towered over Amber.

The blonde nervously breathed out before uttering anything.

“Please forgive Seungyeon. She didn’t mean to intrude. She was just hurting. I will ensure she doesn’t bother you or Joohyun.”

Seulgi smiled a little then gave the older woman a pat on the back.

“You don’t need to explain things to me. I know you would have if you knew she was going to do such a thing. However, I know someone who you should apologize to.”

Amber looked away. She knew who Seulgi was talking about.

“I never intended for her to choose me over you Amber. I suppose she was just being a good friend with my situation back then. But I do know she only loved you.”

“But now she’s with Choa.”

“And you’re with Seungyeon.”

Amber nodded trying hard not to break in front of her old friend.

“I think we make choices that sometimes have to be definite not because they need to be, but for those people we chose first. I will never know why you left my best friend. But I do hope one day you’ll be able to talk to each other again.”

Amber nodded then looked up to meet Seulgi in the eye.

“You have never wanted Wendy to be your partner at any point in time?” She asked.

It was probably the worst time to ask but it was one question she needed answers.

“I never wanted to be with Wendy that way. But I do care if she’s hurt. She’s my best friend, my sister. I would never betray her. That part of her heart belonged to you once.”

“And Choa has it now. I understand.”

“Please let Wendy be happy for once. She has been taking care of me since Krystal and I broke up. Choa loves her and she loves her back. She’s in a good place Amber.”

The blonde nodded and smiled a little.

One day perhaps, the two can finally everything was for the best. For now, as Seulgi said, she would let Wendy be happy.

@@@@@@@

It was already her third cup of coffee when Irene came to her office. Seulgi looked up and smiled as the woman strode over to her.

“Are you all done with the fitting?”

“Yes…” Irene whispered then kissed Seulgi on her lips.

Arms wrapped around the smaller waist as Irene stood on the tip of her toes to kiss her fiancé more passionately.

“To what do I owe this breathtaking kiss?” Seulgi asked as they pull apart.

Irene merely touched her lips with her finger then kissed her once more.

“Irene…” Seulgi tried to say as lips took hers into a fervent kiss.

“I’m sorry… I was thinking about you all day… I missed you…” Irene mumbled then wrapping Seulgi into a hug.

She rested her head on the taller woman’s chest inhaling the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter