Lies

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi arrived at Krystal hotel that night with a resolve to finally end whatever it was still between them. Coming clean with her relationship with Irene was her top priority. She wanted their engagement to be stress free, their marriage problem free from extra baggage. She didn’t want to feel to have to constantly pick Irene and hurt Krystal every time a situation comes up. Even if they have broken up, Seulgi never wanted to hurt her ex-girlfriend.

She still loved her.

No matter how she would look at it.

It just so happened, Seulgi loved Irene more.

She carefully knocked on the door and was a tad surprised it opened immediately.

It wasn’t Krystal who opened it though, it was Jessica.

“She fell asleep already.”

Seulgi scratched her head before making the necessary bow.

She felt a little uneasy in front of her ex’s sister. It has always been that way as far as Seulgi could remember.

“I still had to take Irene home after the wedding. We got caught in traffic in Gangnam. Some bus broke down in the middle of the street.”

“Irene… So that’s her name…” The tone was indifferent, but Seulgi expected as much.

Instead of saying something about the tone, Seulgi proceeded to Krystal’s room. She found her ex-girlfriend sleeping like an angel.

At moments like this, Seulgi would find it hard to stop and reminisce. But since she was bent on making it right, she stopped the thoughts.

“It was my fault, Seulgi. It was never hers.”

“Hmm?” Seulgi turned to the older Jung who suddenly had an expression too rare even for Seulgi.

Sadness

Guilt

Pity

The bear wasn’t really sure.

“When you were still in college, she wanted to give up her dream to have a normal life with you. I refused. “

“Unnie…” Seulgi didn’t want this conversation now but it seemed important to Jessica so she silently decided to just listen.

“I told her the love she had for you was like a puppy love thing. It will grow thin in time. She told me you were different. So she tried to balance everything just so she won’t let you go. Her health suffered but she never showed you. She loved you too much. I still remember how frustrated she was that you have not confessed. She tried everything by the book. But you were just too shy.” Jessica laughed but it wasn’t a happy laugh.

“She waited Seulgi. She waited for you. Just like she is now, she’s that same college girl who blindly hopes you’ll find your way back to her again. She shouldn’t Seulgi, because it was my fault.” Jessica sat by Krystal’s side.

“Do you know how it feels to regret your decisions everyday knowing that if it weren’t for you, she would have been happy with the one she loves and not be this miserable?”

“Seulgi!” Krystal screamed at the top of her lungs.

Jessica could see her distress but it was done. Krystal had been transferred to keep distance from her girlfriend. The paparazzi were already having a field day during the transfer and the reporters were already hot on their trail.

Who was Krystal Jung’s mystery companion?

The company couldn’t afford to have a scandal while doing promotions.

Blood came out of Krystal’s nose which alarmed Jessica.

“Get the DOCTOR NOW!” She yelled just as loud.

“Soojungie you have to relax. You have stitches. They will reopen if you don’t relax.”

“SEULGI!” She screamed louder.

“Please Soojungie, I promise I’ll have her see you as soon as she can.”

Jessica never did.

“I thought she would forget about you once she recovers and goes back to work. But as soon as she could, she was back in your arms. That bear-like girl she loved so much. She wanted to leave show businesses because of you. She said you were the new dream.  Maybe I forced her to do all those things to take her away because I was jealous of the two of you. I was jealous of her because she had the heart to fight for you, even against me. She wanted to pick her happiness over fame. I had that choice once. I never got over her. My heart completely broke when I found out she married my best friend.” Jessica cast her eyes towards Seulgi.

“All the phone calls unanswered. All the dates cancelled. They were my fault. I placed schedules just to take her away from you. If there was something she was at fault was to trust me, and to love you completely.” She placed a finger on Krystal’s cheek and sighed.

“This crazy girl is so in love with you she is willing to break her heart to wait for you. She knows that you’re letting her go as you marry off with Irene Bae, but she tells me she’ll wait. She trusts your love would find your way back to her. She believed in you that much.”

Seulgi didn’t know when it started, but she was already crying when she placed her hand on her face.

She couldn’t make them stop.

“It was my fault Seulgi. She never had any intention of hurting you or leaving you behind.”

@@@@@@@

Irene was reading he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter