Help

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Help

Seulgi was at the top. She was finally going to be something she had been kept before. Her existence has been under warps because she was the only daughter of the Kang’s eldest. A tight knit family, they have cared so much for the successors. This generation, it was Seulgi.

When she was young she was told that she could do whatever she wanted. Unless of course it was damaging to Seulgi or to the family, she had the power to choose anything. But since Seulgi was the only child, her parents instilled one more thing in the young bear’s mind; she is the successor. She will do anything in her power to be the best at everything.

She is.

Except with Irene

All she did for the past few days was hurt the woman. Seulgi felt compelled to be by her side but could not. She was too busy preparing for her succession that she didn’t have the time. Other than that, they have not talked to each other. It was probably Irene’s turn to not return her phone calls. Seulgi didn’t know if it was for the best, because she knew she’s hurting. She loved Irene so much it was impossible to fathom.

Soulmate

It was what Seulgi thought of.

Loving Krystal was never like this.

Letting go of Irene felt like she couldn’t breathe.

“The door was open, Miss Chairman…”

“Krystal…” Seulgi turned to her ex-girlfriend.

“I wanted to see how you’re doing…” Krystal smiled but saw Seulgi approach her then embrace her.

The young Jung could only hug her back.

“We were friends before you know. You can still lean on me…”

“I can’t lose her Krystal…”

Krystal created distance. She could see her bear’s face in pain. Tears were now flowing endlessly. Seulgi must have been trying to keep it all in. And now in her arms, she couldn’t stop herself anymore.

“Tell me what’s the matter… Maybe I can help…”

“The board wants me to marry right away after my appointment. For continuity they say… Currently I’m having problems with Irene’s divorce papers.”

“She’s married?”

“Apparently…”

“She’s not the type…”

“It was never consummated but the woman doesn’t want to divorce her as of the moment. We don’t know what she wants…”

“The name?”

“Gong Seungyeon…”

“I know her…”

“Yeah… She was one of the events people in your team…”

“Aniyo… She was with Amber. She’s Amber’s new girlfriend. They have been living together since Amber graduated.”

Seulgi wasn’t really into the details but if Amber is included then it means Wendy might be bound to get her heart broken again.

Krystal could see that Seulgi’s thoughts were all over the place just by looking at her. She smiled then kissed her ex-girlfriend’s cheek.

“Seulgi, you never had been like this before. You never had choices. You merely followed me around, or Wendy. I think the only choice you made was taking up Architecture in college. But that alone isn’t a life goal. You want to be with Irene, right?”

Seulgi nodded then listened once more.

“You don’t want to fail your parents as well as the shareholders with any type of decision.”

Her bear looked away.

“But you are who you are Seulgi-ah. You have to make them see they can rely on you. Marrying Irene isn’t a burden. Losing her is. Let them know that. And let them know that it is for the best. I hate to see you marrying someone just because you had to. That includes me.”

“Why are you doing this?”

Krystal cupped Seulgi’s cheeks then dried those tears with her fingers.

It was the first time in a while that they were standing this close to each other. She missed her. But Irene already has her bear’s heart. It was obvious.

If you love someone

Set them free

“Because I want you to be happy…” Krystal tilted her head to the side then smiled sadly.

“Even if I have to let you go…” She leaned and kissed Seulgi.

She felt those arms on her waist as the kisses were exchanged. It was like a goodbye and it was breaking her heart.

It wasn’t the same anymore.

Seulgi was Irene’s now.

“I will always love you Seulgi-ah…” Krystal nuzzled her head onto Seulgi’s shoulder as the latter embraced her tighter.

“And I you…”

@@@@@@@

At her uncle’s request, Wendy was now in Irene’s apartment to check up on her cousin. The older woman had not come out of her room since she had last talked to Seulgi. Wendy on the other hand kept tabs with her best friend to ensure she was alright too.

She felt like a mother now.

“Unnie?” Wendy peeked into Irene’s room and saw her cousin still asleep.

The older woman was lying on the bed, hugging her pillows. It was, perhaps, another night of marathons to keep her occupied. Wendy remembered how hard it was to get over Amber. Good thing Choa was a good person and she was starting to like her. All was left was for Irene to feel better.

“Unnie…” Her hand ran through Irene’s hair making her stir.

“Seulgi…” The older woman mumbled then hugged the pillows tighter.

Wendy sighed. Even in her dreams Irene was hurting inside. Just then, she felt her phone vibrate so Wendy went out of the room careful not to make any noise.

“Wendy-ah…”

“What is it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter