All the Pretty Girls

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lines

Lines are a collection of points that go to a similar direction.

This was how Seulgi saw them in her sketchpad. It was as technical but it was how it was. But when the lines come together to build a figure, Seulgi could see feelings.

Hurt

Hope

Love

“Seulgi, I hope you’re writing down the formulas for tomorrow’s test.” The voice of her teacher resounded across the classroom.

The rest of the class stared at her. It boggled her mind how her professor could see her distraction while she was sitting almost at the back row. Seulgi blushed due to the unwanted attention. A bow was the only thing she could do before resuming to copying the required notes.

She forgot she had Advance Calculus today. Miss Boa wasn’t one to mess with.

Seulgi was in her second semester in the Boston College of Architecture. She had been living in the United States, surviving because of a full ride scholarship. The program was a little intense, but art and architecture were her first love. Seulgi endured each day and was acing her classes. The Boston skylines have been her inspiration for the months that have passed. Leaving Korea for college was probably the best decision she made for herself.

“You sure are weird…”

“You know Wendy, after a semester I would have thought you’ll be nicer…”

“I am…” Wendy smirked at her.

The two hours allotted for her class seemed longer than Seulgi would have wanted. Good thing there was something in class that occupied her mind. It was the girl with long black hair, sitting at the front row with her blonde best friend. The blonde best friend, who, Seulgi noticed, kept looking behind her back to glance at Wendy. Wendy, on the other hand, was oblivious to the attention. The Canadian was really focused on the class. The class ended and the two got up their seat. Seulgi’s eyes turned to the girl at the front row gathering her things.

She sighed.

When will she ever have the courage to say hi?

Wendy saw her line of sight. She let out a cough surprising Seulgi. She got out of her daze, trying her hardest not to look that obvious.

“Her name is Krystal Jung, she’s Korean too you know.” Wendy gave her a side glance.

It had been two weeks since the school started. Noticeably Seulgi’s gazes lingered on Miss Jung more than usual. Though she and Wendy were sort of acquaintances, Seulgi never share anything personal to the girl. In all honesty, Seulgi knew who the girl was.

She should.

Who doesn’t know Krystal Jung?

“I knew that.”

“Yeah… Right… I’ll see you later?”

Seulgi nodded then stared at the other girl once more. Krystal turned and saw her looking. Seulgi could only force a small smile.

Krystal let out a shy smile, silently acknowledging Seulgi then left the hall.

It’s just another wonderful day in Advance Calculus.

@@@@@@@

Peace

Even though the school quad was where most of the students leisurely talked about anything under the sun, Seulgi found peace. The quad provided her with different muses for her sketches. It had become a hobby for her to draw inanimate objects as well as different interesting people she notices in the quad.

The laughter

The anger

The love

Seulgi could sketch them without entirely knowing who they were or what they are.

That day, Seulgi was sketching by the quad when she heard footsteps from behind her. She had people walk by her before but this was different. The voice made it all different.

 

It was a soft gentle voice that was somehow soothing. It was weird because Seulgi couldn’t even understand what the girl was saying. It just felt so light to hear the girl, whoever she was. Seulgi looked up and saw three girls pass her by.

So, she stared.

And stared

The voice belonged to the girl in the middle.

Their backs were facing her but there was something else was different about the girl. Seulgi stared a little bit more. By doing so, she was gratefully rewarded by fate.

The girl turned to the side revealing her long neck and perfect jaw.

To say the least, Seulgi was in awe.

Symmetrically from her point of view, the girl’s face was perfect.

Even more so when Seulgi saw the girl smile at whatever her friend was saying.

If this was a movie, it should have been a slow motion capture.

Seulgi’s mouth hung open when the girl turned her gaze to her.

Their eyes met…

If she could believe that her heart stopped when they did, she would. Her chest became heavy like she has never felt before. Those eyes burned through her, as if with that one look the girl knew what she was thinking, was she was feeling.

Warm

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter