Fate

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning was, per usual, quiet for Seulgi. Wendy has not arrived yet so she would be expecting her friend to be late as well. Although, her friend being late on the first day was non-bearing since she was related to the owners. On the other hand, Seulgi was luckily a regular employee so she had to rush now.

Her sleeves weren’t helping.

Boston Second Year, Second Semester

Jung Residence

Sleeves…

Sleeves were the worst thing that could happen to her wardrobe. To think she already asked Wendy to fold them up. Seulgi stares at her now wrinkled sleeve. How can she be part of the ‘dressed to impress’ now? This party wasn’t just a party for her. It was Krystal’s party.

The girl had invited Seulgi to attend herself. She couldn’t really say no after that. Besides, today was the day she was going to confess. Fact of the matter was she had been seriously dating the girl without expectations set. At least now Seulgi could assess if she can continue on dreaming to have Jessica Jung’s sister or be part of the friend zoned clan.

She let out a shaky breath when Krystal appeared into the main hall.

The girl was beautiful.

She admired her amongst the crowd even though she knew no one. By the time the music droned on, Seulgi slipped away to a secluded terrace.

Maybe if she was still in Korea she could actually stand tall against all those people.

But she’s not.

She felt little as she held on tightly to a small velvet box in her hand.

Maybe she thought wrong.

Maybe she should have not come in the first place.

“There you are…” The soft voice greeted, but Seulgi knew who it was.

“I saw you, but then you disappeared. You really like to keep it to yourself, hm?” Krystal smiled tilting her head a little to the side.

“Happy Birthday…” Seulgi held out her gift and Krystal took it with a smile.

She watched as the other girl opened it. The young Jung stared at it, smiling still.

“It is all I could afford. I wanted to give you something else. But I wasn’t sure…” Seulgi breathed deeply then breathed out.

“It says be mine…” Krystal whispered, her eyes looking up to meet Seulgi’s.

The bear merely smiled and took the bracelet from Krystal. Gently she placed it around the birthday girl’s wrist. Krystal watched her intently, almost in tears.

“I couldn’t say it out loud because I don’t know if I deserve you with all these things around you. But for now, Krystal Jung, would you accept this poor girl’s confession and say you love me too?”

Krystal smiled widely and threw her arms around Seulgi’s neck. Her lips kissed hers as deeply as she could. She let go of the love she have kept silent all this time.

“I love you too, Seulgi… I really do…”

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Seulgi cleared her thoughts when the phone woke her up from her trip to memory lane. It had been awhile. Perhaps the call last night attributed to her line of thoughts today. She has to concentrate. There was nothing left to save anyway.

Or so she thinks.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Hello?”

“Seulgi, it’s your mother.”

“Are you in Seoul already Omma?”

“Yes. Could you spare dinner later? There are some things we wish to discuss with you.”

“Just send me the address later Omma… Saranghaeyo…”

“Nado Saranghaeyo, my darling daughter. Stay safe.”

@@@@@@@

Kang Seulgi

There was no picture. They were just sheets of paper detailing personal achievements as well as professional contributions to her father’s company.

Still, why was there no picture?

Irene laughed at herself. Why was she too interested on how Wendy’s friend looked like? Perhaps because, seeing the file, the person was not only underpaid but also underworked. Considering her capacity and contributions, the girl should have been a department manager by now. It surprised her that the person stayed for two years doing a desk job while helping others excel. Those people were at least sincere enough to put in a good word, perhaps without her knowledge.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Omma?” She answered still staring at Kang Seulgi’s personal file.

“We have dinner later. Would you be able to attend?”

“What is it about?”

“The engagement, you remember right?”

“How could I forget Omma? You remind me every other day…”

“I’ll see you later okay?”

“Ne…” She ended the call then turned to the personal file again.

“Dinner?” Wendy asked as she placed more paperwork on Irene’s desk.

“Yes. Apparently I’m meeting my fiancé today.”

“Really? I didn’t know you were dating Unnie.”

“I’m not.”

“Then…?” Wendy asked taking a seat.

“It’s arranged, since birth. Imagine I was engaged to be with a baby at three years old.”

“Really?” Wendy’s eyes threatened to bulge out.

“I’m not joking.”

“And you’re meeting him today?”

“Her.”

“What???”

“When I grew older, I told my mother I would only marry a girl. I guess I was a smart three year old because that’s what I said back then too. She’s a girl. Don’t know her name yet.”

“And they are okay with it? Wow...” Wendy shook her head eyes wide.

“Wow…” She said again.

Irene merely smiled at her.

@@@@@@@

The ride was exhausting bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter