Mine

Love and Other Four Letter Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little Irene was walking along a large hall inside the marble house. It was quiet and she was feeling a little scared. Maybe she should have not played with her big brother Bogum today. She hugged her teddy bear tighter and continued to walk slowly. There were rooms, rooms which were empty and rooms that have big items inside. Her fingers touched the tall cold doors, brown eyes started to glimmer with hope. Sunlight shed upon each window. Irene was not so scared any more. Almost at the far end, she heard a small cry.

The little girl walked into one of the rooms and into the light. She saw a cradle covered with white blankets. She peeked through the small pillows and saw a baby girl, cheeks as red as a rose. Monolids perfectly formed, lips looked as if they were as pure as silk. Little Irene heard her mumble, the baby was about to cry. She reached out and touched those little fingers and felt the baby hold on to hers.

“Unnie is here…” She softly said.

The baby turned her head to her and brown eyes stared at her. The baby giggled and smiled. It was an eye smile!

So cute!

Little Irene didn’t know it then. But that was the first time Irene’s heart fell in love.

The baby touched her cheek and then her finger reached Irene’s lip. Little Irene smiled when the baby’s lips formed as if she wanted to kiss her. Little Irene merely giggled then looked for a stool to step on.

Once she had found one, little Irene leaned towards the baby.

Little Irene and Baby Seulgi shared their first kiss that day.

Irene fidgeted on her spot. Seulgi had been silent since dinner ended. They were at her parents’ house, alone by the terrace. Their parents have decided that the night was young and the two should have time to spend together. Irene wished for small talks but she would have guessed this would happen a thousand times. The light caressing Seulgi did to her arm worried her too.

Was it still swelling?

Irene turned and tried to reach out but stopped herself. Seulgi saw her and turned to her.  Her dilemma was so evident with her gestures, Seulgi decided to do something about it. The taller girl reached for her hand. The grip, however, was noticeably a little light for Irene.

She saw Seulgi frown so she held the hand instead.

“The nerves… They were severed on an accident. I can’t even hold a pen properly.” Seulgi said softly as their eyes glued to the joined hands.

Irene let her fingertips touch Seulgi’s, earning a small smile from her fiancé. They both watched as they slowly straightened their fingers until their palms touched. Slowly Irene placed her fingers in between Seulgi’s. As the fingers entwined, the two turned they gaze at each other. Irene smiled a shy smile when Seulgi smiled handsomely.

“Try and hold mine tighter…” Irene softly said as her fiancé followed her request.

They both watched as Seulgi brought the fingers closer and tried to hold Irene firmer. She loosened the hold then held it tighter again.

Irene had only one thing on her mind.

It was a perfect fit.

Seulgi let their palms meet again, turning it side-ways as if she was going to lead Irene into a dance. She closed the fingers and held Irene’s.

She pulled Irene closer.

Now they stood with so little space between them.

Irene could feel Seulgi’s heart beating.

“I’m sorry if I have not said anything about the engagement. I just thought it would be unfair if I get through it without letting you know some things first.”

“You already have someone…” Irene’s voice faltered, disappointment ran across her pained heart.

She let’s go of Seulgi’s hand, both palms reaching for her fiancé’s cheeks.

“I wish I had known you earlier… I wish I stopped and said hi that day… So that I can call you mine… I’m wishing you were mine…”

“What are you…” Seulgi frowned but she was not able to say anything else.

Irene’s lips were on hers and warmth spread like wild fire on her chest.

Her arms wrapped around the smaller girl’s waist and pulled her closer making the kiss deeper. Seulgi lips caressed Irene’s lower lip making her place her arms around the taller girl’s neck.

As if brought back to earth, Irene slowly stopped the kiss, her forehead rested against Seulgi.

“I shouldn’t have…”

“Joohyun…”

“I apologize, Seulgi…” Irene turned away creating so much distance between her and Seulgi.

She had embarrassed herself by being too forceful. She was raised to be proper not to be this needy. Berating herself she didn’t notice Seulgi injured hand reached out to take hers.

It surprised them both because the grip was tighter now.

“It’s alright. I think it’s only fair to have my lips be yours since I’m your fiancé…” Seulgi smiled gently pulled her closer.

Her fiancé leaned to kiss her forehead, her nose and then her lips.

“And for your informa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter