Lunch

Gamer Girl (HIATUS)

 

Suzanna packed her stuff neatly in her bag. She made sure she zipped her bag, fearing people would see her notebook and try to steal it or whatever. Her notebook was her most prized possession. No one or anything could ever replace her memories from the time she spent in Singapore.

“Suzanna~ Let’s have lunch together~ Kajja~” Heeju shook Suzanna’s arm.

“Eh..?” Suzanna was confused by Heeju’s sudden offer.

“Come on~ I said I wanna have lunch with you! Hehe, we should get to know each other better if we’re gonna be desk mates, right?”

“Oh… A-are you sure..? I have a feeling that I might bring your reputation down…” Suzanna tried to avoid eye contact as much as possible.

“Don’t be silly! I’ll let you in on a secret… I never did like those queenkas that I hang out with… So it’s no biggie~! Anyways, are you gonna come and eat or not? Or are you on a diet or something? Hehe, don’t worry, I don’t think you’re fat~” Suzanna could tell that Heeju was trying her best to remove the awkwardness of the situation.

“Err…I’m not dieting…Ha…ha… Y-yeah…Let’s have lunch together…” Suzanna was genuinely happy that Heeju was attempting to befriend her, though it was not obvious.

“Great~! Come on, let’s grab a sandwich from the cafeteria, I recommend you try the chicken melt one, it’s daebak~! Oh, then I could give you a tour of the school, then you could meet my cousin, SungYeol~! Kajja, Suzanna~” Heeju grabbed Suzanna’s arm and led her to the cafeteria.

Suzanna was seating on a bench outside the cafeteria while waiting for Heeju to come back with their sandwiches. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She looked up to see Hoya.

“Annyeong Suzanna~ Let’s walk home together later, okay? I just discovered that I live a few blocks away from you~!^^”

“U-uh…sure, I guess…”

“Great! I’ll wait for you at the main gate after school then~! Annyeong!” Hoya then immediately left.

Suzanna felt her cheeks burning. She was as red as a tomato.

“Yah, chinggu! What’s wrong with you? You look like you’ve just messed up in front of a really cute guy or something…~” Heeju’s sudden exclamations made Suzanna snap out of her flustered state.

Suzanna’s POV

AH, JINJJA. IS THIS GIRL PHYSCIC OR WHAT?

Aish. This is so embarrassing. Otokhae. Otokhae. Otokhae, otokhae, otokhae~!!! I was tempted to look up, hoping (yet again) an elephant would drop or something. My cheeks were burning. I wanted to just run and hide in a corner. I wished I was as pretty as Heeju at times like these…

“Huh…n-no…” I stammered.

Aigoo~ I’m so totally in deep . Like, deep as in bottomless pit kinda deep . Ah my poor nerd/ugly self/forever alone heart T^T

“Relax, chinggu~! By the way, would you mind if I were to call you Zanna instead? It sounds cuter! Come on, start eating your sandwich, I’m gonna introduce you to my cousin~” Heeju pulled me up and we headed to the school garden.

Ah, this day was getting quite tough… And not to mention it’s only the first day…

Heeju’s POV

“Yeollie oppa! Yeollie oppa~!!!” I called out as I ran towards him.

Suzanna stood awkwardly frozen in a corner of the garden, still trying to make sense out of the situation.

“Eh~ Juju~ Hey!” Yeollie oppa closed his laptop and walked up to me to greet me.

“Yah~ Zanna~ Come here, will you! This is Yeollie oppa, my favourite cousin~!”

Suzanna slowly walked towards Yeollie oppa and I, still looking confused. Yeollie oppa held out his hand and Suzanna hesitated for awhile before shaking it. Shaking it extremely awkwardly, that is.

“Hello~! I’m Heeju’s cousin, Lee Sungyeol, 17~” He said while bowing continuously.

“Ah, I see, nice to meet you Sungyeol sunbae…I’m her desk mate, Suzanna Lim, 16…” Zanna bowed 90 degrees.

Aigoo, this awkward friend of mine. Why can’t she realise that people are not aliens? Hehe, I guess this lunch was going to be hell for Zanna… but oh well, you’ve gotta break the ice sooner or later, right? Hehehe~

Zanna, I’m sorry for trying to get you out of your awkward stage~ But this is for your own good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the short chapter, and i don't have a photo in this chapter T^T /please don't eat me/ I'll try to make the next few chapters better, I promise I'll work hard~!^^ Do stay tuned(:

And to my 10 subscribers, you guys do not know how thankful I am^^ I hope you enjoy this fic and do continue supporting it^^ Thanks again♥