New Girl

Gamer Girl (HIATUS)

 

Suzanna stood nervously at the door of her classroom, hesitating whether she should enter or not. How would she enter? Should she swagger in or just look down? Her thoughts were endless.

“Oh why hello there, are you the new student?” Suzanna suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up to see a bespectacled woman carrying a stack of books. Her hair was pulled back into a bun and she was wearing a purple blouse and a knee-length skirt.

“Uh…yeah… I’m Suzanna Lim…”

“Congratulations, then you’ve found the right class! And on time, too! Come on, don’t be shy, I’ll introduce you to your new classmates~! By the way, I’m your Maths teacher, Mrs Kim.” Mrs Kim said with a wide grin.

“Err…okay…” Suzanna took a deep breath and entered the classroom not knowing what to expect.

“Class~ Settle down will you? Sheesh~ Listen up, I’ve a very important announcement to make! A new girl will be joining us for the rest of the year, and she’s just moved in from Singapore. Her name is Suzanna and I want you all to be nice to her, okay?” Mrs Kim announced to the whole class.

“Yes Mrs Kim…~” The class dragged their words and sounded bored.

“Suzanna, go and sit beside the girl in the fourth row over there, by the window. Heeju, raise up your hand so Suzanna knows where to sit!” Mrs Kim kindly told Suzanna.

“Err, okay Mrs Kim… Thanks…” Suzanna slightly bowed before walking towards the girl who had her hand raised.

Suzanna’s POV

I walked to my seat and ignored all the stares I got.

“Who is she? Oh my gosh, she’s so weird~ Ew, look at those glasses! I bet she’s a nerd. Do you think she’s an alien?” I heard my classmates muttering.

Oh boy. And this was only the first day.

I sat beside the girl, as instructed by Mrs Kim, and placed my bag on the floor.

“Hey~ I’m Kwon Heeju! Nice to meet you!” The girl whom I sat next to held out her hand.

Based on my previous encounter with Hoya sunbae, I assume that I should shake her hand.

“H-hi… I’m Suzanna Lim…”

“Hmm, are you usually this shy? Don’t worry, I don’t bite! Anyways, don’t hesitate to ask me anything you’re unsure about, arrasso? I’ll be more than glad to help you~”

“Ah~ Neh… Gomawo…” I bit my lower lip.

“Hehe, you’re so shy… I bet my cousin would find you cute! He likes girls that aren’t loud and well, you know, I think he’d fancy you!^^” Heeju giggled to herself.

“Eh..?” I gave her a confused look.

“Ignore what I just said, it’s nothing important~”

“O-okay…”

Mrs Kim was talking about trigonometry and so on.

Omo~ This is so interesting~ Eh…wait… I’ve learnt this in Singapore! This too! Oh well, it still won’t hurt to make notes~ I took out my notebook which was a gift from my friends back in Singapore and started to take down notes. This notebook contains polaroids, doodles, secrets, and certain codes for ‘Midnight Circus’… Hehehe~

 

Heeju’s POV

Woah what’s wrong with this girl? She’s actually paying attention… during Maths? Everyone else wasn’t except for her… she was practically the only one listening to Mrs Kim. I looked around just to be sure.

Yep, no doubt about that. No one else was listening. Half of the class was fiddling with their phones below their desks, a quarter was writing notes to others and the other quarter was just… daydreaming, as usual.

I decided to pay attention just a wee bit. Hmm, cool, trigo. Yeah, numbers, angles, yadda yadda yadda~ I yawned. I could always ask Yeollie oppa about these things if I didn’t understand, right? I mean, sure that kid was a choding, but he sure was a smart one. Alternatively, I could ask good girl Suzanna for help, she seems like a smart kid…

Oh my. She was still taking down notes. And she looked like she actually understood whatever Mrs Kim was saying.

Well, she seems like a nice kid. And it’s tiring to hang out with my fellow queenkas all the time. All they ever do is about others, talk about clothes and guys, and… Bleah. They are quite a boring bunch. Why do I even hang out with them? I’ll have lunch with Suzanna for today~ Yes, yes I shall! And I could give her a tour of the school, get to know more about her… Oh! And I could introduce her to Yeollie oppa, too! I’m totally gonna be her new best friend^^

*KRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~~~~~*

Yay~ There goes the bell! Time to show Suzanna around the school!~~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we have it~ Heeju~ our third character~^^ I'll be introducing Yeollie in the next chapter, so stay tuned~^^