Of All Days

Gamer Girl (HIATUS)

-Two Days Later-

 

“Darling, I’m off to work! Wake up, you don’t wanna be late for your first day of school! I left your allowance on the kitchen table! Bye dear!” Suzanna’s dad kissed her forehead before leaving the house for work.

Suzanna rubbed her eyes, dazed. She hit the ‘snooze’ button of her annoying alarm clock which was blasting Teen Top’s ‘Don’t Spray Perfume’. She lazily got out of bed and walked to the toilet to brush her teeth. Then, she took a quick shower and changed into her school uniform. 

 

 

After wearing her school uniform for the very first time, she stood in front of the mirror. She stared at herself and twirled around a few times. She tilted her head and took a step back from the mirror.

“Aigoo… why is this skirt so short T^T And I kinda look like a cosplayer… Oh well, if I were to alter it now then I’m sure to be late for school… Aish nevermind! Stop thinking so much, Suz!” Suzanna thought to herself.

Suzanna carried her school bag and headed to the kitchen for her breakfast. She poured herself a glass of milk and shoved her allowance into her wallet. She thought of toasting a slice of bread, only to look at the clock and realize that she was bound to be late for school if she did not leave the house now.

Suzanna made sure that she had locked the door thrice before walking to school. Suddenly, she felt someone bump into her. She looked up to see someone before her.

“Oh mi an! Mi an! Jongmal mi an! I didn’t see you there!” A guy who seemed slightly older than Suzanna said while repeatedly bowing.

“Ah… It’s okay…” Suzanna said politely while shaking her head and looking at the ground.

Suzanna’s POV

Woah… Who is this guy… He’s pretty cute, I guess…~ AH~ SNAP OUT OF IT, SUZ! YOU’LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!

“Are you new here? I know practically all of the people who live in this neighbourhood, but I’ve never seen you before…” he said while rubbing his neck.

“Ah y-yes… I’m new here, I just moved in two days ago… Uh… anyways, I’m on my way to school and I don’t wanna be late, so I’ll get going first…B-bye..!” I was still looking at the ground but I had slightly quickened my pace.

Great job there, Suz. You totally messed up in front of the first guy you met in Korea. And he was cute, too T^T Ah, otokhae~ /otokhae, otokhae~/ I bit my lower lip and continued walking, hoping that I wouldn’t run into him again anytime soon.

“Hey, chakkaman!” I heard a familiar voice from behind me call out.

NO SUZ, DO NOT TURN. DO NOT… Suddenly I felt someone grab my arm.

“Kekeke, are you deaf? I was calling you, silly! Looking at your uniform, I’m guessing that we’re from the same school, Jung Shin High, right? Lee Howon, 18. But most of my friends call me Hoya.” The guy from just now smiled warmly and held out his hand.

OF ALL DAYS, I JUST HAD TO SCREW UP TODAY. AH. OMG. ASDFGHJKL. AM I SUPPOSED TO SHAKE HIS HAND? WHAT IF HE DOESN’T LIKE PEOPLE TOUCHING HIM? MAYBE HE JUST WANTS TO FEEL THE AIR SURROUNDING ME? AIGOO PLEASE LET AN ELEPHANT DROP FROM THE SKY SO I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO RUN~ ~ ~

“Hey, you okay..? You look a little pale…” The guy waved his hand in my face.

“O-oh…mi-mi an… I was thinking about… something…” I faked a very weak smile.

“Kekeke, it’s okay! How about we walk to school together and get to know each other?”

“Uh…yeah, sure…Hoya sunbae? I’m Suzanna Lim, 16. So I guess I’m your dongsaeng…”

We walked to school together. He asked me questions like where was I from, where did I live, and whatnot. It was kinda awkward… No wait it was just me. But I guess I sorta liked it, Hoya sunbae was very friendly and he wasn’t loud… Plus, he is quite cute… We finally reached the school gate.

“Suzanna, I won’t be around during lunch so don’t try to find me! But if you really do need me, I’ll be at the rooftop, arrasso?” Hoya sunbae said before waving goodbye to me.

Phew. That’s over. I was relieved that I was alone now, so I wouldn’t have to bear with the awkwardness but then it hit me… I had to meet even more new people in my class T^T

I heaved a sigh and walked to my first class with my heart pounding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay for Hoya~^^ Sorry my chapters are so short): Are they?

Anyways, HeeJu will be introduced in the next chapter, so be patient(: