From Date to Disaster

The Ties Between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin POV

I asked her out... I asked HER out! Holy Mother of s! AND SHE SAID... YES!!!

I walked alongside Jihyun out of the movie theater, intent on starting up a conversation. "So," I start a bit awkwardly, "what did you thing of the movie?" I almost hit myself for being so awkward, like come on Xiumin, you're XIUMIN. 

Thankfully for me, Jihyun wasn't so fazed by my awkward attempt and practically squealed back a response. "It was awesome!" And I barely noticed I was smiling at her widely while watching her face light up. "Like, I legit almost passed out when the water dinorsaur ate the dangerous dinosaur." Jihyun continued as she made little hand gestures. "Like, it just came and KABLAMO it was done. What did you think?" She turned to look at me.

I almost stilled when she turned to look at me in the eye because oh my god, she's so pretty and cute. Quickly, I answer her question. "It was really good! I literally saw you jump out of your seat at one part and it was so cute!" I saw Jihyun blush and slightly look down. God, she's so damn cute I just want to hold her in my arms and whisper sweet things. 

Breaking my thoughts apart and walking her through the parking lot, I ask her the one question I really hope the answer is me. "So, I was wondering but, do you like anybody?" I really, really hope she answers that I hold her interest because it would be make me so happy. 

"Um, yeah." She replies first and hesitantly adds, "Why?" 

My eyes widen that she does in fact have someone she likes and it could be me! It's better than her not liking anybody at all. I decide to answer truthfully. "Well, I'm going to be honest here and I'm totally not lying. But...I really like you and I was hoping you could be my girlfriend."

I look down, not quite wanting to see Jihyun's reaction, but after a few seconds I lift my head. Jihyun's face is full of shock and I can see the surprise in her eyes. It takes her a full minute to compose herself and reply. "Yeah, I feel the same way Xiumin. Actually, I've had this thing for you since freshman year." She admits while ducking her head to look down. Even though it's dark out as the night is creeping out, I can see the dark shades of red adorning Jihyun's cheeks. 

I'm momentarily stunned by her words and the bliss clouds my head. I'm so hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter