Day 1

The Ties Between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun-Ae's POV

I rush to find my name and seat on the assigned seat chart, hating that I couldn't just pick my seat and be alone. With my head down, I speed walk to my seat as the teacher starts talking about herself. I pulled a notebook and a pencil out of my drawstring bag and pretended to listen as the teacher talked about her summer, kids, and her cats. I later learned that her name was Mrs. Raynor. 

I suddenly realize I've forgotten to say hello to my science partner so I turned my head to give a formal introduction. But when I turned my head, and for a mere second, I stilled in shock. Xiumin, the hottest thing alive with the most beautiful eyes, was staring me straight in the eyes.  Ahem, may I repeat, the hottest thing alive. I instantly turn my head to face the front as I feel the blood rush to my cheeks while remembering what I saw earlier. 

Why the am I blushing?!? I thought while trying to calm down. He's just some spoiled kid...who's ing hot..and cute...and supposedly your..soulmate. 

"I am now going to pass out a worksheet for you and your partner to do together to not only break the tension between the two of you, but also see what you remember from last year." Mrs. Raynor says, interrupting me from my thoughts.

When we get our paper, I just stared trying to actually think for the first time in 3 months. I mean, summer. Why would you even bother to think when summer. 

"Sooo... Are we actually gonna do this worksheet or what?" Xiumin snapped, irritation and annoyance lining his words. 

"Yea... ummmm...How do convolutions of a human brain compare with those of a rat or dog brain?" It takes me less than a minute for the answer to hit me. "The answer is that humans have more convolutions, humans have frontal lobes, and something about the brain structure..."

Drawling on and thinking, I just grab my pencil and start writing. Then I read the next question and repeat the process and before long, the whole worksheet is complete. Scoffing slightly in my head, I write Xiumin's name next to mine in the corner. Walking back after handing the worksheet to the teacher, I raise a brow at Xiumin, who is staring at me like I'm some sort of god. Since we're the first to finish our worksheet, with 8 minutes to spare, I take out my IPhone and start a game of trivia crack with Sehun. Finally, Xiumin speaks to break the tension.

"Are you like a prodigy or some ?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter