Morning Troubles

The Ties Between Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin's POV

Who the hell holds up a line this early in the morning? I only wanted some bread! 

"- that will be $8.50, dearie." I hear the old hag tell the couple in front of me. The girl looks like Oscar the Grouch had personally dressed her that morning, with sweatpants meant for the trash and a shirt two sizes too big. Meanwhile, the guy next to her looked half decent. His shirt had the logo of a bubble shop that was close by and his capris' were a nice brown color that really matched his eyes. What really caught my eyes were his rainbow hair, it's so colorful that I'm reminded of skittles. He looks like he could be in my group of friends if he didn't hang around that bag of trash...

I shove my hands in my jeans as my eyes drift towards the money that's laid out in front of the cashier.. $5, $6, $7...  ohhhhhhh... so she needs another $1.50.  I really need to get to school on time so I decide to be a "good samaritan" and help her out.

"Here's a dollar fifty," I say. Both the guy and girl turn towards my direction and watch as I reach between them and place the dollar and two quarters that I already had out for my bread. The lady takes the money and gives the bag of goods to the girl.

The girl turns towards my direction and manages to squeak out a "Thanks..."  before turning to take the bag and quickly leaving the store with her... boyfriend?

I pay for my stuff and start walking towards my car, a silver Mazda MX-5 Miata. My parents own a big mall in the center of Seoul so I'm rich...errrrrr... my whole family technically is. I usually use my money to go to bars and rent hotel rooms (if you know what I mean), otherwise I spend it on things I like to do such as hanging out with my friends or eating out with Luhan (don't get it wrong... we aren't dating or anything...we're just really good friends).  

While the car is warming up, I connect my phone to the car's bluetooth and immediately the speakers start playing music by JJ Lin. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter