Sketches (Yuki)

Yuki

I woke up before daybreak today. I put on my school uniform and had a quick breakfast, still half asleep. The fresh morning breeze blew the drowsiness off me as I stepped outside my home. The sun was rising and the sky was golden. I started walking down the street that led to Hiro's home. I plugged in my earphones and played my favourite KPop playlist. Six songs later, I arrived at Hiro's building. The sight of the flight of stairs reminded me of a bruised Hiro and the night I nursed his wounds without actually knowing him. Our relationship was strange - I doubt you could even call it a relationship. We had done a lot of things in the past few days. All of them were unexpected, purely based on intuition and fuelled by hormones, I guess. 

I sat down and waited for Hiro. We hadn't spent a lot of time together since that lunch. I wanted to sort us out before we started drawing conclusions of our own. Five songs later, I saw someone standing in front of me. I looked up and smiled at Hiro. I pulled out my earphones as we walked towards school. I didn't realize the streets could be this quiet in the morning. There were a few people here and there. 

Suddenly, Hiro took my hand. His hand was warm and soft. I tried to pull my hand out but he held it tightly. "Don't, Hiro. People will get the wrong idea", I hissed. 

"There is no wrong idea", he said. "You are my girl-"

"Excuse me?" I cut him off, pretending to be angry. He let my hand go.  

"What I meant is, will you be my girlfriend?" He stopped in his tracks. 

I turned back and looked at him. "I don't know, Hiro-kun. Don't you think we are taking things a bit too fast? I mean, you don't even know me properly."

"I don't see why not. I really like you, Yuki-chan. And if you like me too, I don't know why we can't be together. Then, I'll get to know you.", Hiro said, putting his hand on his neck.

I blushed. He said he likes me. "I do like you too, Hiro-kun. But I wish we could take it slow, like people normally do."

"I promise not to pull a stunt like I did before. I'll take things slow." He smirked."I don't ant to steal away all your innocence."

"Why do you make everything sound so awkward?" I . He smiled. "Let's go", I said. And as he came near me, I took his hand. His smile widened.

 

I went to lunch with Hiro and Ryuu. The air didn't smell of awkwardness anymore. Hiro smiled a lot at me today. Cheesily. 

"Here it is. I finished your sketch", said Ryuu, pulling out his sketchbook from his bag after we sat down in the cafeteria. He showed me a sketch of me. I smiled.

"Aaahh, kawaii" Hiro said and he pulled my cheeks. I elbowed him so hard in the gut, he winced.

"It looks very realistic. It looks just like me. Wow. Thank you", I said.

"Don't thank me. This is going to be your birthday present. And expect no more than this ", he teased.

"Ya! How do you know her birthday?" Hiro jokingly kicked Ryuu under the table. 

"I don't know when it is. But it does come once every year, so I'll find out", Ryuu said. As we were halfway through our lunch, a teacher with a huge pile of books in his hands came to us.

"Ryuu and Ryuu's friend, will you please help me take these books to the teachers' room?", he asked.

"Of course, Mado-sensei", Ryuu said. Hiro left with him with books in his hands, but not before mouthing I'll be back ASAP at me. 

Bored, I looked around at the other kids in the cafeteria. One of them even scowled at me when we accidentally made eye contact. I scowled back. Jeez, people. I looked down at the table and saw Ryuu's sketchbook, showing the sketch of me. I flicked through some pages. There were all assortments of Kakashi's sketches. As I got to the end of the sketchbook, I noticed a peculiar portrait. The page revealed a sketch of Hiro. I flicked through some more pages. There were more sketches of Hiro; some were adorned with romantic quotes, beautifully handwritten. On the last page, there was a portrait of Hiro looking back. On the bottom right corner, it said "I wish I could tell you what my heart does when you look at me". I gaped at the sketch. My heart plunged.

I could hear heavy footsteps, getting louder consecutively. I looked back and saw a horrified Ryuu. Hiro followed a bit behind him. Ryuu started running towards me. He shut the book closed and gasped heavily. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"I am sorry", I said. "If you don't want me to tell him, I won't." He simply nodded. 

"What happened?" Hiro asked when he reached the table. "Why would you shut the book so forcefully like that, Ryuu? That's rude".

"Er... Yuki-san, she... she...she saw the sketches that I did," Ryuu blurted. The redness in his face told me that he instantaneously regretted it. I looked at him like he just puked a full body cow. Nice move, Ryuu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone. So now you know that Ryuu is gay and likes Hiro, but he knows that Hiro likes Yuki. Hiro thinks Ryuu likes Yuki too. Yuki knows that Ryuu likes Hiro. But Hiro has already confessed to her and she has already given him the green light. It's kinda complicated? Who do you reckon is in the most difficult position now?? I'm so glad I joined AFF. I feel like people, although not hoards of them, are acknowledging my work. So Mwuuaaahh to everyone who read/subscribed/upvoted/commented. Thank you so much. Please, anticipate the chapters that are yet to come. 

I actually wrote this chapter today on my phone before going to a lunch and a movie (because it is my friend's birthday today). I tried to upload a cute gif of Kyungsoo but the browser crashed and i lost all the contents. So i just rewrote it again.. Aaaahhh, why does it keep happening to me??? Wae???? T_T Anyways, I watched Jurassic World today and it was awesome!!!!! Do watch it if you have spare time, I totally recommend it. 

Finally, I want to say I Love You to all my readers. These are for you ------>

 saranghaeyo

 seeing your notifications make me feel like

 i love you guys... here's a virtual gift from me. Aaaah, keep reading the story. and let me know how you like it.