Avoidance (Yuki)

Yuki

"I saw Hiro waiting near the school gate. I looked in the opposite direction. I took out my phone and tried to look busy. Just thinking about the lunchtime incident made me cringe. It was, in retrospect, the most insensible and irrational I had ever been in my whole life. Aaahhh. I hit myself as I remembered how Hiro kissed me. I buried my face in my hands and stamped my feet. 

"Kon'nichiwa." Someone patted my shoulder. I looked behind to see Hiro's friend. 

Did Hiro tell him about me? Ah, how embarrassing. "Hi" I said. 

"I'm Ryuu" he stuck out his hand. I gave him an awkward handshake. 

"I am -"

"Yuki-san. I have heard of you. Aren't you a Physics genius?" He teased. 

"Eh? No." I blushed.

"Let's walk home together" he said and started to walk. I followed him. We passed by the school gate but Hiro didn't join us. I thanked God for listening to my prayers. 

I saw a manga shop sa we walked down the road. "Ryuu, I have to go buy the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. I can't wait to read Naruto Gaiden" I said as I opened the door of the shop."Do you want to come with me?" 

"I'm surprised you like Naruto. I'm a big Naruto fan myself" he said.

We bought Shonen Jump magazine. On our way home, we talked about our favourite characters from Naruto and made Naruto jokes. Ryuu told me about how much he liked Kakashi, the copy-ninja, and went on and on about him. When we finally reached my home, he said that he enjoyed hanging out with me and we should do this more often. 

 

Hiro was not in the bus today. I suspected he went to school early or was going to come late, but he wasn't in Physics class either. I wanted make sure that things didn't get awkward between us, but he already seemed to be bailing on me. I saw Ryuu standing outside our Physics class when lunchtime started.

"Hiro isn't in today" I told him. 

"Is he not?" He pouted. "Let's go to the cafeteria together then."

I reluctantly followed him. We bought bento meals and sat at the table. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me, taking a big sketchbook out of his bag. 

"I am fine." I tried to smile. He opened his sketchbook to reveal an exquisite sketch of Kakashi. "Sugoi! Did you draw that?" He nodded. Every part of Kakashi's face was sketched perfectly - despite the fact that Kakashi wears a mask and doesn't show anything below his eyes. I clapped like a baby seal. I flipped the pages to see more Kakashi sketches. All of a sudden, he closed the sketchbook. 

"Should I do one of you?" He asked, smiling. I agreed and he took out his phone and took a photo of me. I resumed eating my lunch but then, I saw someone. Hiro. Did he just flunk Physics? Hiro walked towards us and sat opposite to me, next to Ryuu. 

"Hi" Ryuu greeted him. "How have you been?"

"Alright." Hiro said. The atmosphere was awkward. I smiled at Hiro. He smiled at me, but he didn't look particularly happy. Ryuu was looking at him with a concerned face. 

"Let's play video games tonight at my place." Ryuu said. Hiro nodded and then looked at me. I looked at him. He kept looking at me, making it awkward. I decided to quit the staring contest after a while.

"I have to go to finish some overdue homework." I said and left the two of them. 

 

---------------------------------------------—------------------------------------------------------

Hiya, thanks for reading my story. I wanted to post this chapter earlier but I took a break to watch INFINITE on Weekly Idol and when I came back, the page reloaded and all my work was gone. So it took a bit more time to write it again. I just wanted to ask you guys, do you have a particular idol/celebrity's face in mind when you try to visualise the characters?? If yes, please comment who it is. For me, they're kind of faceless for the time being, as weird as it might sound. That's why I haven't described how they really look yet. 

Anyways, I'll try to post the next chapter soon. ^^ Happy reading. 

*OMG. INFINITE was so funny. It was my first time watching them on a variety show. Plus, their new song "Bad" is soooo good. Listen to it if you haven't yet. I think my bias is Hoya >.<*