Inquisition (Ryuu)

Yuki

Hiro was leaning against the wall outside my class when my last lesson finished. Ohmygod, did Yuki tell him? Does he know? My heart started beating wildly. 

"Wait up, Ryuu" Hiro said when I walked past him, pretending not to notice him.

I looked back. "Oh, it's you. Where is Yuki?" I asked.

"She had a family event to go to" Hiro groaned. We started walking together. We hadn't done that in a while. Not without Yuki on his side. Since last week, Hiro had always been preoccupied with her that it felt like he was in a different place even when he was right beside me. He would smile dreamily occasionally. Even though I knew he was thinking about someone else, the look on his face would lift my heart a thousand feet high and drop it. With Hiro, it was always that way. Every little thing he did seemed to have a purpose. The way he ruffled his hair, bit his lower lips, clicked his finger when he gets irritated, rubbed his neck, kicked little pebbles off the road, all of them could have been choreographed to perfection by god himself. 

I was momentarily captured in my own thoughts until I saw Hiro waving his hands in front of my eyes. 

"Eh? Did you say something?" I asked.

"I asked if you wanted to go to eat something", he said, pointing at the ramen restaurant. I nodded. I chose to have pork noodle and Hiro ordered beef ramen as usual. We waited for orders to come in silence. I pressed my face against the cool table and closed my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" Hiro asked.

I kept my eyes closed. You. "Nothing", I said. 

 "Ryuu, do you like someone?" 

I sat upright, unsure what to say. "Yes", I said, nodding.

"Who is it?" He started drawing circles on the table. 

You. "You". 

Hiro looked at me. I froze. WHAT DID YOU DO JUST NOW? Somehow, mere seconds started feeling like eternity. I prayed he couldn't hear my heart pounding against my chest.

Hiro broke into a smile and gently pushed my shoulder. "Ya! Don't tease me like that!", he laughed. I tried to laugh along with him. 

Seriously, that was the scariest five seconds of my life. I swear my heart went on a rollercoaster ride round the world when he looked at me. But then, he just laughed it off. I had never considered confessing to Hiro ever, but today, I just blurted it out like that without thinking. I didn't know if Hiro not taking it seriously was something to be happy about. Since I knew that he didn't reciprocate my feelings, I didn't want to make my presence uncomfortable for him. But then, what about my feelings? I didn't know if I would ever have the guts to make Hiro aware of the feelings that I had always locked inside my heart. If I never stepped up and told him him about it, would he ever know? What would my love be worth?

"Ryuu" Hiro siad. "I don't mind if you like Yuki-chan. I can't stop you from liking her. You are my friend and that will never change between us. But I will keep trying for her."

The waiter placed our ramens on the table. I quietly started eating my ramen. 

I didn't know what to make of what he just said. I don't mind if you like Yuki-chan. I didn't like Yuki. I wondered if I had to hang a sign around my neck saying "NO YUKI ZONE". Why would he ever think that I liked Yuki? 

You are my friend and that will never change between us. The words echoed through my head. I had never expected Hiro to return my feelings but I felt a pang deep inside my chest when I heard those words. I wondered if feeling that way made me a bad friend. I sighed. I guess that's the way it is.

"I am not interested in Yuki", I said primly. 

Hiro stopped mentioning Yuki after that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, story-writing is much easier on my laptop. The screen always moves up and down when i type on my phone. aaarrghh. 

It's the first time I did a Ryuu POV in the story. As you see, he's more observant of Hiro than anyone else. I guess it is because Ryuu has liked Hiro for a very long time and his feelings are quite strong. Do you like Ryuu's character? Anywways, I wanted to tell you that Ryuu's character ( more like his feeling towards Hiro) is inspired from Hoya's role in Reply 1997. For all non-kdrama fans, reply 1997 is a korean drama. It is about highschoolers falling in love and then it gets a bit complicated. I bet you'll love it if you watch it. The characters are so well-developed, the plot is awesome and the actors did an awesome job. If you're interested, here's the link to the first episode with eng subs: http://myasiantv.com/drama/reply-1997/episode-1/

 

Anyways, next week, I have a camping program so I wouldn't be on the internet for a week. That's why I'm trying to write as much as I can this week. my parents went out of town today (tonight) so I am pulling an allnighter. lol. They always nag me when they see me on my phone.

 Hi readers. Hope you enjoyed reading the story

mwuah. It makes me so happy to know that there are people who are actually reading what i write. 

It's 2:30 am and I'm finally starting to feel tired. night night. Imma get some sleep *yawns for a miute*

And yeah.... just a funny gif of EXO's Suho flexing as usual. lol

ahahahahaha... I hope you laughed.