Introduction (Hiro)

Yuki

 Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! I kept thinking as I walked with Yuki along the footpath. There were a lot of weird exclamations fleeting in my head which probably sounded a bit like what Princess Mia (from the Princess Diaries) would say when she panics. Not that I read Princess Diaries. 
Well, okay I did. I know it's a girl's thing but I got curious when I saw the girls in my class reading it and giggling in middle school. It was just for the sake of curiosity. 
I sneaked a glanced at Yuki. She was looking awkwardly at the people around us as we walked. I panicked even more. Was she not okay with me taking her? Did she still hate me for ruining her lunch? 
Now that I think about it, I was kind of weird. No one would expect a complete stranger to drag them around in town. I felt stupid. I was usually a calm guy, but as I have mentioned before, when it  comes to Yuki, I'm no good. 
I stopped and looked at Yuki. She looked down at our hands. I realised I was still holding her hand and let it go quickly. She smiled at me. I ruffled my own hair (because I had once read somewhere that this action makes boys look cute). 
"Er... Should we go in?" I said, pointing at the ice cream parlour in front of us. 
She just smiled and walked in. 
We sat on the table we were given and she chose Cookie Passion sundae and I got a Brownie Boom crêpe. We stayed silent for what seemed like an eternity as we waited for the order. 
"What's your name?" I asked her, finally breaking the silence. Yuki, Yuki, Yuki.  
""I am Yuki... Miyazaki" she said. "What's yours?" 
" I am Hiroki. You can call me Hiro" I said. 
"Aaah, Hero??" She said, doing a superhero's pose. "I was more of a Hero today" she laughed. I laughed with her. 
"You're funny, Yuki-chan" I said. I didn't expect the grumpy girl in class to make a joke. 
"Eh?" She said. Maybe it was because I called her Yuki-chan. I should have used  Yuki-san instead. "Isn't that your friend?"
I looked around to see Ryuu, glaring at us from outside the glass window. 
"Yes, he's Ryuu" I told her, looking away. 
"Did you fight with each other? Because I couldn't help noticing bruises  on his face too" she said. 
"Aah, no." I said. When I looked at the glass window one more time, Ryuu was gone. 


When I fell asleep that night, I had a lot of thoughts on my mind. Lots of questions creeping into my head from my subconscious. 
What should I do when I meet Yuki at school again tomorrow?
Why is she so cute? 
Why was I so nervous when I took her out? 
Why was Ryuu looking daggers at us before? 


I mumbled a lot of motivational quotes to myself on my way to school. I was going to talk to Yuki-chan today. If not now, then it may be never. 
I saw Yuki in the bus and sat beside her, smiling at myself. 
"Hi" I said, bumping into her shoulders. 
"Hi" she smiled. 
The rest of the journey to school was quiet, my mind was buzzing as our shoulder brushed each other's. I sneaked a glance at her when our knees accidentally touched. I saw her smiling. 

I happily went to Physics class after recess. I sat beside Yuki and mentally patted myself for being so brave. 
It was finally lunchtime and I wanted to go with Yuki.