Jealousy (Hiro)

Yuki

Rain was pouring down hard when school was over. My bag was getting wet and I was completely soaked. I shook my sloppy hair away from my face and leaned against the metal gate of the school. 

It was the time of the year when days flew by. The exams neared. The hallways seemed much less noisy and the library was always filled. It had been hard to spend time with Yuki since she always seemed to have tests and needed to revise. I could blatantly admit that I had tried to initiate something with her but she would hesitantly refuse. And yes, that kiss in Physics class was the only one we ever had. I was starting to doubt her feelings towards me. I wondered if she still liked me like she once told me. But then, occasionally, she would hold my hand and squeeze it. She would lean her head against my shoulder when no one was watching. And I would get reassurance from the little things that she did. She still didn't want me to call her my girlfriend publicly. And I would try to be content with that. 

She still spent a massive amount of time with Ryuu. Surprisingly, she would be extremely casual with him. They had their inside jokes that I couldn't decipher. Dang, Ryuu even taught her one of his sophisticated fistbumps. There were numerous times when she talked to him even more than me. And I found myself listening to John Lennon's Jealous Guy a lot somedays. 

I looked up when I heard a splash. It was Yuki. I smiled at her. 

"Why are you still here? It's been one hour since school finished", she ruffled my hair, making me feel like a little boy. "Its cold and raining. You might get sick."

I pulled her closed to me. There was no one around so she didn't push me away. "You are the one who is cold", I said and pulled her closer. 

I grinned when I heard her giggle. She didn't do that often.

 

She was still close to me when we arrived at her doorsteps and I didn't want to let her go. 

"Just wait here. I'll be right back", Yuki said and went inside her house. 

I looked around. There were some children playing in the rain in the park outside her home. 

The door opened. Yuki was carrying an umbralla and a woollen muffler. She hung the scarf around my neck and tightened it. Maybe I was grinning too widely because she punched me in the shoulder and called me an idiot. She opened the umbrella and gave it to me.

"Thank you", I said, holding the umbrella upright. 

"Get home safely", she said, and ushered me away.

I stood right there, unable to move. I didn't want to go home. Go home and do what. Stare at the walls? 

"Go", she said. 

"I don't want to", I whispered.  My cheeks were flushed. My heart suddenly started swelling. It was telling me to do something and take my relationship with Yuki one step forward. My brain was narrating thousand different possible consequences that will take place if I did what I was about to do.

I pulled Yuki into the little space that was left under the umbrella. I closed my eyes and went for it. I put my hands on her neck after our lips met and pulled her closer. I was releived when she returned my kiss. 

I heard a loud "Go get a freaking room" from the park so I lowered the umbrella to hide ourselves.She stepped back and leaned against the wall. I could feel the heat from her body. She broke the kiss and took a sharp breath in. I kissed her neck. She let out a moan before pushing me away.

"Oh my god, my mom is going to kill me if she saw this" she said, quickly walking inside and shutting the door. 

I was blushing so I held the umbrella low enough to cover my face. 

 

On my way home, I was happy man.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo, I'm updating after a week. I'm so sorry for the hiatus. But anyways, If you're still reading the story, let me know how it is. comments, upvotes and subscriptions are much appreciated. tee hee. 

 see ya