Chapter 8

DK and the jerk?!

Wonwoo’s pov
I’m sitting in the cafeteria with my boyfriend and enjoy our sweet couple time but someone is missing. Hoshi is now sitting with Dk all the time and follows him as much as possible. I’m starting to think that Hoshi is sick or something like that. He isn’t the same as before and has never dated anyone for that long…what is so special about Dk that made him change his mind? Is that still a part of his sick game? Or is it real? No one knows what’s going on in his mind. That’s it! It can’t be a game when he is looking at Dk like that. I stand up, leave my boyfriend alone and walk over to the most famous couple at our school. I stop next to the kingka and pat his shoulder. “Hey.. can I talk to you for a sec?” I ask quietly, so that the rest won’t hear me. I don’t want to get in trouble for taking away the kingka from his boyfriend. We leave quietly without talking on our way outside. Then we sit down next to each other on a bench without saying anything for a minute. It is awkward even though we have been friends for a while now. “What do you need to talk about?” he asks me and I don’t know where and how to start. “Uhm.. you know.. you have been behaving strange for a while now.. did you even notice that? You seem different.. happier.. is it because of Dk? What is he to you? Just a victim.. or maybe more than that?” I say and hold my breath while waiting for his answer. But all I get in response I silence. Hoshi is looking at the ground and it seems like he is lost in thoughts. Then I hear him sigh and I see that he can’t sit still anymore. Am I right? Did the mighty kingka fall for one of the freaks? I nearly cringe at my choice of word and feel bad for the three friends. “To be honest…. I don’t know. Whenever he smiles my hear skips a beat, when he is sad I’m in pain, when he is happy it makes me happy too. Does that mean..” he says and I see that he is hesitating. “Does that mean that I love him? If it does, love would be strange.” He completes his sentence and pouts. I wish I could take a photo and remember this moment forever. The kingka just confessed his love for Dk! But I guess he won’t be able to tell Dk the truth. How can I help him? I need to ask Mingyu later to help me, maybe he has got an idea.

Mingyu’s pov
I’m surprised as my lover left all of a sudden and I already miss the warmth that he provides whenever we cuddle. I watch him as he walks over to Hoshi and wonder where he takes him? Am I not the only one who noticed that the kingka changed? I guess that’s what they are going to talk about. I look around in the cafeteria and try to find something to entertain me while Wonwoo is gone but it looks like today is another boring day. I sigh and lay down on the table, waiting for the end of lunch break.

After school

I see Wonwoo as he walks out of his last class and run to him immediately. I hug him and pecked his lips, smiling when I pull away. “Hey. I missed you.. a lot! Where did you go during lunch break?” I ask him, already knowing his answer. “About that.. I need your help. Hoshi kind of confessed that his feelings for Dk are real. How can we make him confess everything to Dk? Without them breaking up of course. I’ve never seen both that happy.” He says with a smile and pecks my cheek. What did I do to deserve a sweet and caring boyfriend like him? “Hm.. what about locking them into the music room?” I ask with a smirk, proud of my own idea. It might not be an original idea but it might help them. 

The next day, lunch break

Hoshi’s pov
I am walking to the cafeteria just as my phone rings. Who is calling me at this time? I wonder and look at the ID. It’s Wonwoo! I answer the call and only hear him saying seven words. “Come to the music room. It’s urgent!” I rush to the music room and enter the music room with my heart beating fast. I think I should dance more, I don’t want to be weak again. As I look around I see Dk there, not Wonwoo. What is going on? I’m confused and froze as I hear the sound of the door being locked. Oh no, we are stuck in this room for who knows how long! Grrr it must have been Wonwoo! He wants me to tell Dk the truth right? “Hoshi?” I hear him saying with a shaky voice, is he scared? Without a word I walk to the CD-player that is in this room and soon Just one day by BTS could be heard. My limbs recognised the familiar melody and start to move. I dance with my eyes closed and try my best. I remember Dk singing that song when I heard his singing voice for the first time. As the song ends, I finally open my eyes and see him crying. Why is he crying? “Yah.. what’s wrong, Seokmin?” I ask, using his real name for the first time. “I’m just.. so happy, you pabo.” He answers with a bright smile, the smile that I fell in love with. I walk over to him and hug him as if he would disappear when I don’t hold onto him tight enough. “I.. need to tell you something, Seokmin..” I whisper and let go of him. I take a deep breath and looked him straight in his eyes. “At first, I didn’t take this seriously.. I was just playing around. But then.. I fell for you, fell for your smile, fell for your kindness, fell for your everything. I’m sorry and-“ I get interrupted by Dk pressing his lips on mine. That’s all it takes to make me cry when he pulls away again. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears and smiles at me. “I knew it.. but I didn’t think that you would tell me that soon. I’m so proud of you, Soonyoung!” he says and smiled brighter, if that’s even possible. I feel happier than ever before, hearing my real name from him.


Author’s note:
Sadly, this story will come to an end soon but thanks a lot for reading! Comments are appreciated~ ^^