Chapter 1

DK and the jerk?!

“I know I’m smiling

But look into my eyes

Is this happiness?”

 

 

The ringing of the school’s bell told all the hardworking (and the lazy) students that it’s already lunch break. Everyone ran into the cafeteria as fast as possible to get a table for their groups of friends. However, one table is for one person only: Soonyoung or Hoshi, the school’s most loved and respected kingka. No one dares to sit at his table unless he told someone to do so. The tables surrounding the kingka’s table are always occupied by the members of his big fan club, which is still growing and growing.

But there is another table where always the same group sits, far away from the kingka. It’s called the ‘outsider table’ for a reason. Want to know why? It’s because the school’s outsiders Dokyum –or Dk for short- Dino and Woozi sit there.

Dk is the tall and smiling guy, who makes people shiver in discomfort. Others think that his smile isn’t cute but creepy because he is smiling 24/7. What they don’t know is that he isn’t smiling all them time. They have no idea how hard he is trying to be someone who he is not and how many times he cried himself to sleep, being hurt and feeling rejected.

What about his friends? Dino is a living dancing machine who can’t stop to dance. Every time he moves, he ends up dancing. He is better than everyone but that scares the other students. They don’t know that he wants to be a brilliant dancer like his role model Michael Jackson. It hurts him as much as Dk to be rejected but he doesn’t even try to hide his feelings, which makes him feel down most of the time. Maybe knowing that someone is being rejected like him makes Dino a friend of Dk. Being outsiders brought the three students together and they are thankful to have someone who understands. Dk and Dino are the only ones who Woozi can depend on. He doesn’t say much but they learned to communicate with him through actions. They showed him that he can always lean on their shoulders and talk to them when he feels like it, even though they never heard his voice. In fact, no one of the students or teachers heard his voice before. He kind of stopped talking since his parents died in an accident and everyone thought that he became mute. The rest of Woozi’s life is like a mystery to everyone.

 

Back to the kingka’s table, you can see that he is making jokes, as always. Nobody and nothing is safe from his jokes, but the crowd doesn’t care. They like listening to him and support everything he does, even if it’s wrong. Just like they supported him dating boys and girls for fun. Everyone knows that it’s cold hearted but they accept it. If their kingka is doing it, it’s okay. That’s the way it worked at this school and the teachers won’t say anything about it, they don’t even care about the students.

 

Hoshi’s Pov

I’m about to leave the cafeteria and go to my next class as I spot three familiar faces. “Hey smiley boy, dancing boy and mute boy. Are you having fun here ALL ALONE? Oh I forgot.. the losers became friends hahaha.” I say and start to laugh at them, ignoring the glare coming from the freak called Dino. I look at the shortest one of them, Woozi, but the shorter is expressionless as always. I can’t bring him to laugh, glare or even cry. It’s like he isn’t able to show any emotions. I shrug and turn to the crowd that is following me and smile. “Let’s leave those freaks and get going. Only three minutes left till the next class, we need to hurry!” I run to the classroom feeling proud and my fan club follows.

 

 

Author's note:

I know it's a boring and short chapter -.- I'll try to write longer chapters in the future ^^

Btw i found the quote here.