Chapter 6

DK and the jerk?!

Dk's pov

I decide to give him a chance and say yes. It won't happen anything bad if I try.

But how should I tell him? Should I go to him or will he come to me? I think I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat and will wait for him to ask me in person. That also means that I need to wait for lunch break. I wonder how he will he react once I said yes… Will he just smile? Or be excited? To be honest, I don't know him well enough to answer this question, but I will get to know him for sure! With that thought in mind I continued to concentrate on the lesson, waiting for the bell to ring.

 

Lunch break

 

Hoshi's Pov

I walk to the freak's table and want to ask him in person, but without a reason I start to sweat once I'm in the cafeteria. Why is he doing this to me? I should be the one who is in control of the situation, not him. He shouldn't make me feel this way and confuse me. I can't be weak.. not now, not in a  thousand years!

I end up standing next to their table without saying anything. It might seem like I belong to them right? I sigh and decide to ask him now. Now or never!

"Hey.. freak.. I mean Dk.. do you have an answer to my question?" I ask with a shaky voice.

 

Woozi's pov

What question is that jerk talking about? Don't tell me.. he asked him out. Dk would be stupid if he said yes, right? But my friend isn't that stupid.. I think. Let's just wait for his answer, hm? Yes, let's wait. I look at Dk who was looking at Hoshi all the time.

"Yes, I have. And maybe… I like you back. I'm not sure if it's love, but I want to find out.. with you!" Dk answers. See? He isn't- wait what?! Did he just say yes? I can't believe it and look at him as if he is crazy. How can he be that stupid and fall for the jerk, who is just playing around again for sure. 

 

Hoshi's pov

I'm waiting for an answer. I see that his lips are moving but I can't hear anything he says. Looks like he is saying.... did he just agree?? Looking at his friend's shocked face makes me think that it seems like he did. He has no idea how happy I am right now, he made my day! Not that it was bad so far, he just made it even better!

The question is just… why? He is just a freak, nothing more. My next victim. I should be happy that he fell into my trap but it seems like… I don't know! What is that? Why am I feeling like that?! I look at Dk once again. I should say something now, right? But what should I respond? Ughh… why is it so hard? I mumble the last part so that he won't hear it and just drag him away so that we can have some time alone. Maybe I'm not that nervous if all those people won't be staring at us..  wait.. everyone in the cafeteria was staring at us! Oh no.. I hope they didn't notice me being so nervous..

 

Dk's pov 

Why did he drag me away all of a sudden? Don't tell me that he didn't like it that everyone was watching! Who knew that this side of Hoshi existed. I chuckle quietly and moved my free hand to my mouth to cover it, not wanting him to hear. He looked at me with his eyebrows raised and looked at me questioningly. Oops I think he heard it anyway. I removed my hand again and smile awkwardly at him. What are we supposed to do know? I wait for him to do something but it seems like he froze and he can't move. That's a good way to start a relationship.. I sigh and looked into his eyes. "Hey uhm.. are you free tomorrow afternoon? Maybe we could.. do something together to get to know each other, what do you think?" I say and bite my lip while I'm waiting for his answer. He nods and avoids my gaze. Why is the mighty kingka acting like this? "Sure. What do you think of dogs? Do you like them?" he responds with another question. Why is it always like this.. we are just communicating with questions instead of normal sentences. "Of course I like dogs. I used to have one myself. Why are you asking?" See? Another question. "We could go for a walk with a dog from the animal shelter, if that's okay with you." He answered and played with his fingers. Isn't that a sign that he is nervous? I think so.. how cute! I can't help it but smile brightly and take his hands to stop him from playing with them. I don't know where the courage came from but to be honest, I don't care.

 

Dino's pov

I told my friends earlier that I'd join them later during lunch time since I forgot my money and I had to run back home to get some. Fortunately, I live near our school which makes it easy to get things from there. As I enter the cafeteria I notice that the atmosphere there is strange, but  I don't care. A lot of people were affected which means that something happened to kingka Hoshi who I try to ignore most of the time. I sat down next to Woozi and asked, "What about Dk?" I honestly expected him to nod towards the restrooms but he just stared at the door weirdly. Did something happen to Dk? No way, what could have happened to him? Then I hear what the people were talking about. "Do you think he is the next victim?" comes from one of them. "Of course! What else would it be?" says someone else. "What I mean is.. our Hoshi with this freak?" a third person asked. I feel like a bomb just exploded in my head. I start to look for Hoshi with my eyes. He is not here! And Dk is gone as well! Does that mean… did Hoshi make Dk his next victim?! Why does it have to be our Dk? No.. it can't be like that. I have to do something against it. I won't let Hoshi hurt my friend, I won't let that happen!

 

Author's note:

It has been a while, hasn't it? I feel so bad for not updating earlier but there was sooo much going on in my life that i had less time to write. On top of that, I had no idea what to write for a while even though I planned everything >< I want to thank my friend and co-author Izzy who helped me a lot! She even wrote a part of this chapter ^^