Chapter 4

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

Solar fell asleep sitting on the chair in the hospital. Her head resting on her arm atop of the bed Moonbyul is resting on. In her deep sleep she dreamt a beautiful dream. It was a beautiful winter night, white speckles gently flowing from the sky. Solar stares at them from her window as the million of speckles whiten the whole sky. Then something warm gently wraps itself around her body from behind. Moonbyul hugged Solar and wrapped a blanket around them. Solar's smiles and lean her body back, resting her head on Moonbyul's shoulder. They watch the white sky together.

"What has caught my lady attention up there?" Moonbyul whispered sweetly.

"I'm trying to see if I can find you up there." Solar teased.

"Which moon would you choose then?"

"Hmm…" Solar pondered for a while in a teasing manner before replying, "The one my heart beats for of course." She smiles.

"Then why aren't you looking at me instead?"

"Hmm…Did I say it was you?" Solar jokes.

"You don't have to, because I can feel your heart right here, pounding out of control." Moonbyul teased back and Solar blushed.

They both laughed and exchanged a kiss. Spending the peaceful night together in each other warm embrace. They sang together a song they both love, 'Love Lane'. Solar woke up at the break of dawn, the sun was rising far away. She look at the person laying on the bed, gently caresses Moonbyul's face and sigh.

"Will you wake up today and smiles at me?" Solar asks gently then kiss Moonbyul's lips.

Solar went to freshen up then she doused a hand towel in warm water and rinsed it carefully to make sure it wasn't dripping wet. She brought the towel with her when she went back to Moonbyul. She proceeded to Moonbyul clothes and gently wiped the sweat from her body. Solar ran her hand through every curve carefully and delicately. She made sure to avoid the injuries and clean where she could. She made several trips to the bathroom and back before she finished. Then she got a dry towel to dry Moonbyul with. After she was done she redress Moonbyul and cleaned up the towels.

Whee-In and Hwasa came to visit early in the afternoon. They brought lunch and ate together with Solar. Solar didn't eat much and she kept watching Moonbyul. Even as someone was speaking to her, her eyes are glued to Moonbyul as she answered. When the doctor came to do checkup she sat nearby to watch and answers all her question indifferently. And so the first week was coming to an end but Moonbyul condition is still the same. Solar spent every day by Moonbyul side massaging her, cleaning her, singing to her, and telling her stories. Whee-In and Hwasa would come visit during the day and leave late in the night keeping Solar company as best as they could. The doctor would come do the checkup and leave, but Moonbyul was still the same, sleeping peacefully.

It was the weekend when Hwasa and Whee-In managed to convince Solar to go home for a little and rest. They could see she was exhausted. Hwasa stayed behind to watch Moonbyul so that Solar wouldn't worry and Whee-In drove her home. Although Solar was hesitant at first, she agreed to it eventually and headed back home with Whee-In. She fell asleep in the car. When she got home she went to pack some new clothes and Whee-In helped her take the dirty one into the laundry room. When Solar got to her room she laid on the bed she shared with Moonbyul. She recalled what it was like to lay her head on Moonbyul's chest, feeling safe in Moonbyul's embrace. She fell asleep without realizing and woke up when it was getting late. She rushed to pack her clothes but Whee-In did it for her already. Then Whee-In took her back to the hospital and left with Hwasa after bidding farewell to Solar and Moonbyul.

On the second week, she dreamt that Moonbyul caresses her hair while she slept. She felt happy and it was first time in a while since she slept pass dawn. However when she awoke she realized that reality as she know of right now was missing something important to her. The lively, playful prankster's smile and embrace. She couldn't help but cry when she looks at Moonbyul. Although she dismissed the tears quickly and go back to her cheery self, a sadness continue to grip her heart.

On the third week, the doctor told Solar that Moonbyul's arm was healing quickly. The bones have healed and reattached, it will be completely heal soon. However, they refused to comment about when Moonbyul would wake up. Solar hope and pray every night that when she opens her eyes the next morning, Moonbyul would be there to greet her with a smile. When she went home on the weekend she no longer needed Hwasa to stay behind. She felt it would be ok now. She also felt bad for enforcing such responsibility on Hwasa.

It was the fourth week and Moonbyul conditions haven't changed. Her arm have almost completely healed however. The doctor have also removed the bandages on her head the day before. Solar washed Moonbyul at the break of dawn like any other day. Today she's helping Moonbyul change into a black button up shirt and black pants. She also went home with Hwasa and Whee-In today as well like every other Sunday. When she got back to the hospital she saw Moonbyul standing in the middle of the room looking outside the window. She rushed in and tightly hug Moonbyul.

"You're finally awake! I was so worried," tears rushing down her cheeks onto Moonbyul's shirt. "I prayed and hoped every night that you would wake up. Even though every morning I would feel a little disappointed because you were still not waking up from your deep slumber, but I never lost hope. I knew you would wake up soon. I knew you wouldn't make me wait long. I knew you couldn't bear to see me disappointed and sad. I love you. I love you so much. Don't ever make me worry like that again, ok?"

Moonbyul gently loosen Solar gripes around her waist and look at Solar carefully. She helped wipe the tears from Solar face then proceeded to scan Solar from head to toes and from side to side. She kept looking at Solar as if she had discover something extraordinary. Solar was confused for a while before she asks.

"What are you doing?" Solar looks at Moonbyul suspiciously.

"Hmm…" Moonbyul continued to stare at Solar.

"Seriously, what are you doing? Tell me or I'll be angry." Solar brows were beginning to furrow.

Moonbyul still wasn't responding, she just kept staring at Solar. Solar pushed her away and demanded sternly, "What are you doing?"

"Hey, hey. Don't be so hostile. I thought you were cute so I was just checking you out. But you're pretty scary when you get angry. It's not good for you, you know. You should smile more and frown less. You'll look cuter that way." Moonbyul winked at her.

"Stop playing around, I'm not in the mood." Solar exclaimed.

"If you don't want to hear it that's fine, I'll just leave. Don't be so angry."

Solar grabbed Moonbyul's arm and anxiously asked, "What are you playing at?"

"Look, I was hitting on you but it's apparent that you didn’t want me to. So like I said I'll just leave." Solar grabbed Moonbyul's arm again, "Can you stop grabbing my arm? Or is it that you actually like being hit on by me, hmm?"

A crashing sound woke Solar up from her dream and she gave out a long sigh, 'It was just a dream,' she thought to herself. She had apparently fell asleep in the car on her way back to the hospital.

"Sorry unnie, did I wake you?" Hwasa had apparently drop an empty mug she was holding and the handle broke off.

Whee-In looks at Solar and noticed that she was a little pale and asks, "Unnie, what's wrong? You don’t look so well."

"It's nothing, just a bad dream," Solar answers shaking her head, "just a bad dream…"

When Solar reached the hospital room 333, she glanced into the middle of the room but there was no one standing there. She sighed in relieve but also sadness. When she entered the room it was empty. She ran to the bed to make sure her eyes wasn't deceiving her, and it wasn't. Moonbyul was gone. She ran to the bathroom but Moonbyul wasn't there either. She checked and double checked everywhere in the room but she couldn't find Moonbyul. She rushed out of the room frantically calling out to Moonbyul and asking every passerby if they had seen her. None of them answered yes. She was getting anxious and scared, she kept running and searching but Moonbyul was nowhere to be found. She felt helpless and she wanted to cry but she kept on going. She finally found Moonbyul when she reached the hospital courtyard. Moonbyul was laughing in the distant playing with a child. Solar felt happy at the sight of her lover's liveliness. Her smiles brought joy to Solar's heart.

Solar couldn't contain her tears and it flow down her face without permission. She quickly wipes it away when she saw Moonbyul happily coming toward her. The child clinging onto Moonbyul's back as she gave him a piggyback. Solar's smiles to Moonbyul and waited for Moonbyul to embrace her, but then her smile suddenly disappeared. She realize something was wrong, something wasn't right, Moonbyul just walked pass her like they were stranger. She turned and grabbed Moonbyul's arm.

"What's wrong miss? Do we know each other?"