Chapter 8

YOU ARE MY HEART: Original Ver.

Moonbyul was getting overly irritated. She had repeated herself over and over but the girl continue to cling onto her arm. She tried her best to explain but the girl just wouldn't get it. The girl was giving her feelings she didn't enjoy. Feelings she couldn't understand. She felt anger or maybe sadness, or something else, or a mix of all three, but at what? Not knowing the answer made her angrier. The more the girl pleads and cries, the stronger these unsettling feelings became. She just want to get rid of it, she wants to make it disappears. The only thing she wants right now is to distant herself from the girl, to get rid of these unpleasant feelings.

She yanked her arm away and quickly walked off. She doesn't want to look back, she doesn't want to see the girl. She felt like she was running, but she couldn't believe that to be the truth. She walked quite a distant before she stopped in front of a bench and sat down. She tilt her head back and closed her eyes. She tries to control her breathing and calm herself.

'I am your moon. I will never let your world be enveloped in darkness. I will protect you.'

She quickly opened her eyes at the sudden voice and looks around. There was no one close to her so even if they were to speak she wouldn't be able to hear them. She sighed and try to take some deep breaths to calm herself. Just then a sharp pain ran through her head. It was only for a brief moment but it caused her to be disoriented and she held her right hand to her head. When the pain subsided and she regains her composure she felt as though someone was watching her from behind, but when she turns around no one was there. She sat on the bench for a little while before she decided to head back to her room.

When she thought about the woman and the child, she doesn't feel any unpleasantness from them and she was glad. Although she doesn't believe everything the woman had said, at least the woman wasn't giving her the distasteful feelings the girl had. She believe that at the very least the woman have some good intentions. But when the image of the girl came to her mind she tries to shake it off. She didn't want to think about the girl in any way. She didn't want the unpleasant feelings to return.

She reached her room and entered. She began undressing. She had just finished unfastening the second button when suddenly a bang rang out from behind her. She jumped and quickly turn her head around. Two strangers stood at her door, one looks like she was about ready to kill someone and the other was calmer. She's try to speak to them nicely thinking they got the wrong room, but after she'd asked what they wanted the angry stranger charged at her suddenly. The angry stranger knee her in the stomach. She could have avoided it. She could have blocked it. She could have fought back. Somehow she knew she could but her instinct prevented her from doing so.

Moonbyul was feeling irritated again, but she felt that somehow her anger wasn't directed at the two strangers. The angry stranger was screaming at Moonbyul and wanted to follow up on her knee attack but the other one held her back. Moonbyul held onto her stomach but doesn't say anything in return. Just then the door creeks open and Moonbyul turns her attention toward that direction. The girl from earlier walks in, she looks even more exhausted now than when Moonbyul last saw her. At least the girl had stop crying. At the sight of the girl Moonbyul felt the unpleasant feelings from earlier came back. She hated it and looked away from the girl and the two strangers. Moonbyul thought to herself 'why is the girl here of all people?'

The angry stranger calmed down at the sight of the girl, but Moonbyul didn't care to turn around. She just wanted the girl to go away and take these unpleasant feelings with her. She heard the girl footsteps coming towards her and when she reached towards Moonbyul, Moonbyul's grabbed the girl's arm and spoke harshly. Moonbyul didn't know why she'd reacted that way but she suddenly felt scared by the girl's touch. She walk toward the window and look outside trying to distant herself away from the girl. She tries to calm herself but it was to no avail.

The girl began asking questions, and Moonbyul didn't know how to respond to her. She didn't want to sound angry so she just spoke in a cold manner. When the girl began frantically searching for her belongings, Moonbyul tried to ignore it. She clenched her fists and tried to endure her anger but eventually she spoke out harshly toward the girl wanting her to stop and leave. The girl didn't listen and continued her search, when the girl called Moonbyul 'Byul-Yi si' a pain vibrated through Moonbyul's heart. An indescribable pain. She clenched her fists tighter and responded to the girl indifferently. The girl eventually went into the bathroom for one final search, but after awhile she came out empty handed. When the girl said she would leave, Moonbyul thought she would feel happy but she didn't. She didn't respond to the girl at all and avoided looking her direction. When the door creeks open, there was a moment of complete silence, then Moonbyul heard the girl spoke in a challenging tone. Moonbyul turned around unknowingly and met the girl fiery gaze.

When Solar turned away and went out the door, Moonbyul turned back toward the window and slammed the side of her right fist onto it. She rested her forehead on her fist, closed her eyes and clenched her heart with her left hand. A tear fell from her left eye. She doesn't understand why she's feeling this way. Whenever she sees that girl she felt an anger rise within her, a sadness she couldn't explain. A pain stinging deep in her heart. She doesn't know why she was angry or who she was angry with. She just know she doesn't want to feel that way, she doesn't want to be near that girl. She doesn't want this pain.

A moment later someone knocks on the door. Moonbyul wipes away her tears and turns around to see who it was. It was the woman from earlier. She was standing outside the door waving and smiling but didn't let herself in uninvited. She looks like she was by herself as well. She wasn't holding the child. Moonbyul was hesitant at first but call out to let the woman enter. She went back to staring out the window. The woman walks toward Moonbyul and slid her right hand across Moonbyul's back. Moonbyul didn't turn her head towards the woman.

"Are you ok?" The woman asked. Her hand still placed on Moonbyul's back.

"Yeah…" Moonbyul answered softly. "Where's Jae-Yoon?" Moonbyul questioned.

"He's playing with other children in the children's room right now, don't worry." The woman tried to assured Moonbyul.

When the woman tries to place her head on Moonbyul's shoulder, Moonbyul walks off and softly says, "I want to be alone right now if you don't mind." Then she sat down on the chair.

"Of course…I-I'll come back to visit you later then. Take care of your health and rest." The woman said hesitantly, her voice was a bit shaky. Then she left the room and Moonbyul was alone.

Moonbyul stares at the empty room and sigh. She tilt her head back and closed her eyes. Today had been a hectic day, she was exhausted. She just wants to rest. She calm her mind and doze off into a deep sleep.

She dreamt of a girl waving to her in the distant, calling for her to come closer. She couldn't see who it was, but the girl was cheerful and happy. It made her smiles along as well. She came closer and closer but still she couldn't see the girl's face. She was standing right in front of the girl but the girl's face was blurry. She tried to change her perspectives and the girl followed along tilting her head as well. Suddenly the girl jumped onto her and tightly hugged her. The girl embrace was warm and sweet, it was a familiar feelings. Moonbyul closed her eyes to enjoy the moment. She felt a blissful feelings fluttering within her. But then the girl's hug became strange, the feelings was completely different. Moonbyul opened her eyes and distant the girl from her a little. The girl's head was facing away and Moonbyul tried to see if she could make out who it is. She tried to turn the girl around to see her face. The girl turned and her face cleared up. It was Park Young-Sun. Moonbyul got startled and fell to the ground.

Moonbyul woke up breathing heavily and sweating. Her heart was racing. She felt like she just had a nightmare. She didn't know what was so scary about her dream. She didn't understand it. She wiped away the sweat on her face, her clothes was dirty as well. She looked outside and the sun was low on the horizon. She went toward her closet, grabbed a set of clothes and proceeded to take a shower. A while after she got out of the shower a doctor came knocking, and she motioned for him to come in.

"I'm here to check on your condition," the doctor stated.

Moonbyul went over to the bed, sat down, and rolled up her left sleeve. The doctor came over and began to do the checkup. He checked her breathing, her eyes, asked if her head was feeling any pain, and so on. After he was finished with both the checkup and writing on his clipboard he told Moonbyul when she could be discharge.

"Your condition seems fine, you can get discharge in three days."

"Thank you," Moonbyul replied nonchalantly.

The doctor said good night and left Moonbyul to get some rest. She drifted off into sleep and had no dream that night. The doctor then proceeded to Solar's room. Whee-In and Hwasa was by her side keeping her company. The doctor knocked and they welcome him in.

"Are you feeling any better?" The doctor asked sternly checking the IV's bag. "Not pulling your IV's needle while I was away I hope," he continued in a joking manner.

"I feel better, thank you," Solar replied with a smile, "And no I didn't do it again."

"That's good then. You do look better, not as exhausted and your spirit seems to have improved as well. Good, good," the doctor nodded with a pleased expression shown on his face.

"When can I be discharge then?" Solar asked curiously.

"You can just leave tomorrow, if you get enough rest tonight that is."

"Thank you," Whee-In and Hwasa said with a smile.

"Don't mention it. Well then goodnight to you all," with that he left to continue on his round.

"You too should head home. It's getting dark," Solar said.

"But I want to stay with you unnie~" Hwasa pleaded pulling on Solar's sleeve.

"Now, now. Be good. I'll be fine." Solar reassured her with a smile.

"Ok," Hwasa pouted, "Byul-Yi unnie better not pick on you again, or I'll…"

"Hye-Jin ah," Solar looks sternly at Hwasa.

"I know, I know," Hwasa continued her pouting, "I know now she doesn't remember anything but still she shouldn't treat you like that. It's not right."

"You shouldn't have been hasty and attacked her either," Solar scolded Hwasa.

"I did it for you," Hwasa protested, "Beside it's Whee-In's fault for not holding me back."

Whee-In was shock by Hwasa statement. Solar and Hwasa laughed at her clueless expression. She sighed and laughed along with them realizing she just got played.

"It's good you're laughing again unnie," Whee-In stated sweetly and Hwasa nodded cheerily.

"I have determined to fight for Moonbyul and I won't give up," Solar proclaimed. "If I can't get her to remember me then I'll just have to get her to fall for me again. I'll stay strong and happy. I will achieve my goal!"

Whee-In and Hwasa looked at each other and smile. "We will support you unnie!"

They realized they spoke too loudly and all three of them laughed. Hwasa and Whee-In left not long after being shoo away by Solar. Solar looks outside and the moon was brightly shining. She smiles at the moon for a while before going to bed. That night she slept soundly, without any dreams.